Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Just an article I found on yahoo :)

http://shine.yahoo.com/fashion/unretouched-victoria-8217-secret-swimsuit-images-171700301.html

post-3761-0-1446080481-79457_thumb.png

Victoria's Secret has come under fire once again for their rampant airbrushing. Back in August, a batch of unretouched swimsuit photos of supermodel Doutzen Kroes were accidentally released, and now that their Photoshopped companions have surfaced on VictoriasSecret.com, the differences are evident.

Alessandra Ambrosio Models $2.5 Million Victoria’s Secret Fantasy Bra

The Victoria's Secret models themselves feel their retouched bodies are pure fantasy and say that is the whole point. "Retouching is an essential part of our job, you know," Victoria's Secret Angel Erin Heatherton told style blog Fashionista. "We're not selling reality; we're selling a story. It's all about creating this fantasy. And I don't think people should confuse fantasy and reality because no one is perfect—we all know that, and I think people should embrace themselves and not really focus on where people are depicted as perfect and where they're not."

Bieber & Rihanna to Perform at Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

When comparing the before-and-after photos above, you'll notice that more than just the brightness has been adjusted. In the original image, Kroes has visible skin folds on her stomach and side from the way her body is leaning. You'll also see some wrinkles and bulging under her left shoulder, and frown lines between her eyebrows. We spotted some small scars on her right thigh, along with a few birthmarks on her stomach and cleavage. Not to mention the fact that Kroes is wearing flesh-colored underwear beneath her bikini bottom. All these things have been altered to achieve the final "perfect" image, which is featured on the Victoria's Secret website as the new Harlow Push-Up Halter Top and Forever Sexy Matching Bottoms.

Does this image present a completely unrealistic message? Absolutely. (Though we'd argue even the unretouched image of Doutzen Kroes is something many women would kill to look like.) Heatherton says it's up to us, as scrutinizing individuals, to understand the difference between what women really look like and an airbrushed image in an advertisement or magazine. When it comes to how these photos may affect one's body image, Heatherton felt strongly that this issue should be discussed in schools and at home. She said children and adults need to establish their own confidence and self worth, and recognize that published images are enhanced just like special effects added to a movie.

We find Heatherton's perspective quite honest and true. It's unfortunate that we must come to accept that most photos are altered, perhaps just as we're realizing many actors enhance their actual bodies with things like Botox. Personally, we'd love to see the real, unretouched photos, and to see women looking like humans and not bizarre, Gumby-like creatures with rubbery limbs and no flaws. But we also have to remember that brands are trying to sell products, and as technology continues to change, they will do whatever it takes to create the most attractive image possible. Nowadays "attractive," to many people, means unrealistically perfect. Despite the controversy, the backlash, and the occasional refreshing unretouched batch of photos, altered images—in professional or even personal settings—are the future. So like Heatherton says, we may as well get comfortable with them and learn to understand the difference.

We reached out to Victoria's Secret to discuss its stance on retouching and the before-and-after photos of Doutzen Kroes, but they have not yet returned our request for comment.

Want to look like a Victoria's Secret model without the airbrushing? Watch this video for Erin Heatherton's "Golden Combination" for Staying in Bikini Shape.

Angel line-up with 9 names, also 2 names secret, i hope it's Bregje and Lais .............. :nicole: :ddr::clap:

I don't like Erin and lily of Angels team ......... :(

Angel line-up with 9 names, also 2 names secret......I am so sorry (maybe I am utterly "blind" or just didn't look properly but I followed the link vsallaccess.victoriassecret.com/fashionshow as adviced but simply couldn't find where they mentioned about THE 2 Secret Angel's names..All I see is the Old Angel-lineup ..Can you please tell me or can anyone please copy and paste the info that mentions about the 2 new Angels .....

Thank You SOOOOOOOOOOO much....I am a HUGE Fan of Barbra Palvin and I really really REALLY want her to be ONE of those New Secret Angels ......

I guess if anyone it would be Lais and Barbara but you never know. Even though Barbara did a lot with vs this year she didn't even show up in the Christmas catalogue. But she gets to be in the commercial so that's a big deal.

I guess if anyone it would be Lais and Barbara but you never know. Even though Barbara did a lot with vs this year she didn't even show up in the Christmas catalogue. But she gets to be in the commercial so that's a big deal.

she didn't even show up in the Christmas catalogue. ....Are you sure....I still haven't received my VS catalogue in the mail so I am unable to confirm this.....That is bad...Bummer :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: I really hope VS understands and acknowledges that Barbara is a PRETTY HUGE deal when it comes to model/star power and making her an Official VS Angel is a WIN WIN situation for all parties involved...After all she IS a L'Oreal Fashion Ambassador and Armani Exchnage, H&M etc keeps hiring her ( she was prominently featured in all their AX print/TV ad campaigns incl the latest Holiday one ) ....That is publicity for all involved !!!

I really hope that IF there is indeed a hush hush plan to introduce 2 New Secret Models to the main line this year, that Barbara Palvin IS indeed one of the lucky ladies.....and not someone like rail thin Karlie Kloss (whose protruding rib cage was so revolting that they had to photoshop it out and whose bum was so non-existent that during last year's VSFS they had to conceal the sorry fact with a giant sparkling disco ball !!!!And I am sure they are stuffing her bras as well) or Chanel Iman who has ZERO charisma or star quality !!!!

And if I was cleaning house at VS I would toss Lily Aldridge in the waste bin without a second look and pile Lindsay Ellingson on top of her !!!! Lily is SO ______________ I am both confused and shocked that this is the SAME complany that presumably hires beautiful sexy models to sell sex and seduce men and women to buy buy and BUY even more lingerie and Linday....What an _______________....She is so bland and her facial expressions are so blank...it is like having lukewarm watery oatmeal everyday allday ...UGH !!!!!And I am not even going to talk about Miss "She can walk on water"-Her Holiness Candace....I am utterly sick of her....Senseless overexposure has compltely made me lose interest in her and her nose is so big- its disproportionate with the rest of her face!!!! And Plain Jane Behati, Freckle faced Scary thin Erin ...Ah the list goes on and on and on....

Thank God Russell James ,Victoria's Secret BEST high profile photographer adores and respects Barbara and the feelings are mutual...I am 99.9% certain that it was Russell James who recommended her to VS after shooting her for the Calzedonia swimsuit campaign 2011 in Ibiza because the very next year she was hired to showcase their most expensive Designer Collection.That is pretty big stuff that a small town girl from Budapest /model could only dream about !!!!

Posted Edited:

Although it is okay to express your opinions, please do not make comments that are baiting and/or bashing. We're trying for constructive criticisms people. - Pretty

Another show ad(candice again)

bryanboy@bryanboy

I opened my mailbox and look what I got -- every straight horny man's wet dream

post-54896-0-1446080487-66764_thumb.jpg

What a horrible picture :laugh: is this the invitation?

also, I think Cara is quite annoying. Her face is alright and I think she's a pretty girl...I don't mind her for vs pink. As far as the runway goes...yes, Cara's walk is atrocious. But are we acting like the other angels all have great, even good walks? It's hard to find a walk uglier than lily's.