Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

21 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

Fuck you Biden.. I'm still completely dumbfounded as to how people voted for this man when the red flags were going off well before he even decided to run.

You underestimate how many sheep we have in this country that believe what they are told rather than paying attention and do their own research to be able to decipher through all the bullshit from the media, politicians, etc.

I do believe there was a massive concerted effort to oust Trump from office with Corona and mail in balloting with the establishment, big tech, multi national corporations, foreign influence, military industrial complex, and more Republicans than you would think. Happened right before eyes and no one did a damn thing until after the fact rather than when laws were being changed unconstitutionally at the state and federal levels.

3 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a vaccine supposed to contain a weakened/harmless version of a virus in order to help our bodies develop antibodies?

Not necessarily.

The Pfizer vaccine uses ARNm technology in order to develop the antibodies.

Sinovac for example works with a weakened version of the virus.

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

Not necessarily.

The Pfizer vaccine uses ARNm technology in order to develop the antibodies.

Sinovac for example works with a weakened version of the virus.

Yeah no, not putting that shit in my body.

3 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

Why not?

"That shit"???

It has been thoroughly tested, with over 95% effectiveness and it's not new technology anyway. It's being developed since the early '90s. 

Also, never in history a vaccine has been so massively tested before deployment as these.

Seriously, and I'm sorry to put it this bluntly, doubting vaccines at this point is beyond ridiculous. And dangerous. 

VACCINES WORK.

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

Why not?

"That shit"???

It has been thoroughly tested, with over 95% effectiveness and it's not new technology anyway. It's being developed since the early '90s. 

Also, never in history a vaccine has been so massively tested before deployment as these.

Seriously, and I'm sorry to put it this bluntly, doubting vaccines at this point is beyond ridiculous. And dangerous. 

VACCINES WORK.

1 hour ago, Prettyphile said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a vaccine supposed to contain a weakened/harmless version of a virus in order to help our bodies develop antibodies?

jOS9ptdn.jpeg

Moderna and Pfizer are both mRNA vaccines. I believe all Americans have been injected with one of those two so far?

Basically you are injected with what are instructions to make a spike protein (a protein found on the surface of the COVID-19 virus).

Your body then makes the spike protein, which triggers an immune response. So your body starts making antibodies specifically to attack the protein piece.

In doing so, it also makes antibodies which will be effective if the actual virus invades your body.

So you aren't injected with a weakened version of the virus, you are injected with instructions that will make a tiny, harmless part of the virus, but one which will trigger an immune response that will create antibodies which will protect you from the real virus.

5 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

mRNA

oooh, Spanish got on my way and I wrote ARNm :rofl: 

Should correct myself in that I saw that there have been bigger trials. But those for these vaccines have been still MASSIVE. And all demonstrating effectiveness and safety.

49 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

I'm really sorry to put it this way but this is ridiculous :banghead: 

I HOPE I could get the Pfizer vaccine. But well... Sinovac, which is the one I'll be likely getting, will also do the job just fine.