Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

23 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

MSM, Corporations, Big Tech, and Government are gonna collude to label everything they don't like Alt Right, White Supremacy, and Trumpism to get them banned from everything. Those entities will do the same thing to the Populist Left too.

The US media is very low quality (it's not the case elsewhere). Their main goal is to serve whatever ideology is in power. It's a tool to separate themselves from the "plebs". The rest is merely details for them.

Seing people on reddit doing something scares the CNN journalist in his million dollar mansion... at the same time, Blackrock (the biggest douches of the universe) annouced they now embrace identity politics. Identity is today's "transcendence", and even if I think it's a destructive ideology, people will cling to this shit until they find a new transcendence.

The MSM in ther US will always prefer a guy that looks like Dicaprio in the Wolf of WS (who wears $5,000 suits, but is a thief) than the Redditor (who did nothing illegal, but wears average sweaters, while playing Call of Duty). The media were never about defending the little guys.

14 hours ago, Michael* said:

There have always been arguments and counter-arguments that higher wages lead to unemployment or that higher retirement income will drive wages down. I get both, but even without those things we still have record unemployment, severely curtailed pay and far less job security. Not to mention underpayment of the existing minimum wage, which is also something that many businesses seem to feel they should be able to get away with. It's the worst of all worlds and it's depressing everywhere you look.

Overall what it comes down to for me is whether or not stagnant wages will make goods unaffordable, because the cost of living has spiralled out of control. They're all just numbers really, relativity is the lever that creates poverty.

Yes, it's definitely a question of relativity. There's the relativity with the price of goods, but also with the welfare services and with the international wages.

The modern Western State will try to act on the first two (inflation and welfare), but they have a blind spot when it comes to the international competition. It's because they have a mental block that's been forged by decades of propaganda which says that protecting your economy is a belligerent act (they will all refer to what happened after 1929). Of course, they are partially right, but only partially. You can't become isolationist, but the choice is not just between two extremes. You can protect your citizens by writing laws/regulations that limits goods from countries with bad working conditions or bad environmental policies (it's often linked).

All in all, as I said, $7 is too low, but $15 is too high. It's a matter of balance. They could start by raising it to $10 and at the same time try to limit goods that are imported from certain countries. That would be really bold, but they won't do it (also, because their big funders are corporations that benefit from cheap international labor - like Blackrock, the douches who try to paint themselves as "the good guys" by using the far left's rhetoric).

16 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

IMO Bloodborne, it's a work of art and as good (if not better, a lot of people love it) as DS3.  Extremely good lore and art direction, combat is less diverse.  The Old Hunters DLC is substantial and is bigger than the DS3 DLC's.  

Ashes of Ariendel and The Ringed City are both good but short.

I see. Yes, I've heard DS3's DLCs have short lifespan.

I'm watching videos of Bloodborne to see if I like the lore. I'm not sure I like to see guns in this game, but I'll see. I definitely liked "Remnant: from the ashes", who is a souls like with guns, but it was a bit different.

^ atm, I'm playing as a Warrior of Sunlight in DS3, where I help other players beating their bosses. I neglected this part during my first playthrough, but it's kinda fun.

I like these Warriors of sunlight, they make it their primary goal to help others.

15 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

I see. Yes, I've heard DS3's DLCs have short lifespan.

I'm watching videos of Bloodborne to see if I like the lore. I'm not sure I like to see guns in this game, but I'll see. I definitely liked "Remnant: from the ashes", who is a souls like with guns, but it was a bit different.

BB is still primarily a blade game , the guns are usually used to stagger opponents.  

BB reminds me of Vampire Hunter D mixed with a very unique take on Lovecraft lore, a central theme is the evil ambition of men to transcend their humanity and become super beings.  

7 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

^ atm, I'm playing as a Warrior of Sunlight in DS3, where I help other players beating their bosses. I neglected this part during my first playthrough, but it's kinda fun.

I like these Warriors of sunlight, they make it their primary goal to help others.

This is the warriors of sunlight from DS1:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=warriors+of+sunlight

I see deer very often in my walks, their behavior is striking.  Once I walked up a hill and faced an entire group of deer by myself.  They have this tendency to halt.  They either 1. stare at you until you walk away, and then resume grazing  2. stare at you for a bit and then all of sudden they bolt away.  

They allow you to approach to rather close distance, maybe 50-100 yards/meters away. 

I am not impressed with hunters that kill these animals.  They are very innocent.

I realized that Bloodborne is only on PS4 and not on PC... I have a PS4 (only bought it for the exclusives), but it's too slow, I still prefer PC gaming.

Atm, I'm still helping people fight their bosses on DS3, as a Warrior of Sunlight. It's ridiculously easy to beat a boss when there are two players (sometimes three). The boss attacks whoever attacked him last... so if all players do attack and retreat strategies, the boss has no chance. In any game, when you're outnumbered it's usually a better strategy to finish foes one by one, starting by the weakest, but the computer doesn't understand that...

It's much more satisfying to finish a boss alone, but at the same time, I like to help others. I feel like the cavalry somehow.