Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

7 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Ed Harris is a good actor, he's the archetype of the vilain "behind the curtains" or at least the cold and calculating type

Watch the original (old from the 80’s) movie/ mini series, The Right Stuff and Apollo 13. Add in The Abyss too. 

He’s always been a very solid actor and I’ve enjoyed his work for a long time. In WestWorld he was just awesome. 

2 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

Never liked Cocaine Mitch.

He's holding impeachment over Trump's head if he pardons Assange, the Uni Party never liked Trump in the first place.

There needs to be new political parties to be an actual opposition cause the Democrats & Republicans are the same party and just do political theater.

I hope that Mitch impeaches Trump in the Senate and inflicts as much damage to his career as possible.  Hopefully Trump will find himself in prison for the rest of his life or get killed.  His family should be zeroed' out of politics ASAP before they do any more damage.

or, trump can start his moron party and then build an army of paramilitary militia just like the Nazis so they can storm every Capitol building...

Unless Congress is blown up while it's in full session and there is a mass murder of the political elite, there is little to change about things.  This country isn't exceptional anymore and it's time has passed. "Greatness" is a pipe- dream for idiots.

1 hour ago, CandleVixen said:

I think he’s been in office for too long. Same with Pelosi. 

There should be term limits for the houses of leadership. 

Yea I think so too, as what happens is that these leaders appear who accumulate a lot of relationships and capability to manipulate the situation for their purposes.  Then they dominate for so many years.  The Senate majority leader has been at times the second most powerful position in the federal government.

At least one of the rioters near Pelosi expressed his desire to do violence to her, let alone the hot heads looking around with blunt weapons.

I am wary that the successful break-in of the Capitol may start a disturbing precedent of ever increasing violence, militia organization and radicalization of methods, a bit like how pre-Columbine there were barely any school shootings and now there are lots of them with ever- greater body counts.  Or how having Trump as president has made political discourse extremely mentally ill and retarded.  

In time Jan 6th may become small potatoes compared to future actions.

8 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Who is this? I’m probably going to do a face palm when I find out. 

I googled it and only got a series of African movies. 

Well I misspelled his name, so that doesn't help with your search.  :rofl:

John Kiriakou

9 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

I think he’s been in office for too long. Same with Pelosi. 

There should be term limits for the houses of leadership. 

Should be a cumulative term limit for federal office. 

What I mean by that is people only get 20 years total in federal office in any capacity.

8 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

I hope that Mitch impeaches Trump in the Senate and inflicts as much damage to his career as possible.  Hopefully Trump will find himself in prison for the rest of his life or get killed.  His family should be zeroed' out of politics ASAP before they do any more damage.

or, trump can start his moron party and then build an army of paramilitary militia just like the Nazis so they can storm every Capitol building...

Unless Congress is blown up while it's in full session and there is a mass murder of the political elite, there is little to change about things.  This country isn't exceptional anymore and it's time has passed. "Greatness" is a pipe- dream for idiots.

I don't think Congress can do so legally anymore cause Trump is a civilian now. :idk:

Trump isn't going to jail, Congress don't want that precedent set. The last thing they want to do is be held accountable. I think states might go after him legally, but nothing Federal.

Also if some states go after Trump they're going to set off a chain reaction.

9 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Yea I think so too, as what happens is that these leaders appear who accumulate a lot of relationships and capability to manipulate the situation for their purposes.  Then they dominate for so many years. 

Or how having Trump as president has made political discourse extremely mentally ill and retarded.  

In time Jan 6th may become small potatoes compared to future actions.

1) Exactly. 

2) I really don’t know if the upswing of pettiness, violence and bullying in social media and online in general would have happened so quickly can be attributed to El Hefe or not, because of his nasty and petty posts and speeches.  I have noticed that the trolling has grown faster in the last four years. It could also just be due to all of us have evolved/devolved in that time. (I hope this makes sense)

3)Agreed. I hate that this may become our reality.

22 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

2) I really don’t know if the upswing of pettiness, violence and bullying in social media and online in general would have happened so quickly can be attributed to El Hefe or not, because of his nasty and petty posts and speeches.  I have noticed that the trolling has grown faster in the last four years. It could also just be due to all of us have evolved/devolved in that time. (I hope this makes sense)

From my observation, once Trump became president the right wing media made a strong shift towards the alt right, it's like he turbocharged the degeneration.  The degenerates and mentally ill attention seekers now had an exponentially larger audience to spread their agitation. Trump's communication style and leadership example is also a very bad for the nation as a whole as the president still influences people subconsciously- making it ok to be a sociopath, conspiracy theorist and liar.

Online content is far more mentally ill now than it was in 2015.  

Yea on no. 3 for the longest time I've been wondering when the 400 million plus guns in private hands are going to be used along with plenty of supplies and potential expertise for explosives & combat engineering.  Basically if the US starts making domestic terrorist cells and paramilitary units we would have the most heavily equipped terrorists in the whole world.

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

Yes, that's what I meant.  He should be in court for months and then put into jail. 

At this point he is a dangerous individual, the sooner he is put down the better.

I say just leave him alone and don't inflame tensions by going after him, his family, and supporters.

The MSM wants conflict.

Short run of course it would inflame tensions, long run if this disease is eliminated, it will have growing pains until the next Trump like dictator wannabee emerges.  If things are better than this may not come to pass.  If Trump is set free he is free to use his influence to further alt right politics and militia units.

Those rioters have admitted on video and FBI interrogations that they were ordered by Trump to storm the Capitol so there was some sort of communication link despite Trump's claims.

Trump is a symptom of the Culture War that's going to ratchet up even more so.

There are still 3 factions; populist left, establishment, and populist right.

The establishment aren't going to give up the keys to the castle so freely again.

39 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

Short run of course it would inflame tensions, long run if this disease is eliminated, it will have growing pains until the next Trump like dictator wannabee emerges.  If things are better than this may not come to pass.  If Trump is set free he is free to use his influence to further alt right politics and militia units.

Those rioters have admitted on video and FBI interrogations that they were ordered by Trump to storm the Capitol so there was some sort of communication link despite Trump's claims.

Populism of the left & right aren't going anywhere, only two options left.............. fight each other or join forces to kick the establishment out on their ass.