Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

2 minutes ago, elfstone said:

The new Spectre 13. Its beautiful but not big on specs. I dont do much gaming these days

It looks good! I usually use this website (sorry, it's in French) to get advices on hardware purchases and they say it's really good (they gave it their highest mark), but they do say they don't advise it for hardcore gaming.

https://www.lesnumeriques.com/ordinateur-portable/hp-spectre-13-p32313.html

1 minute ago, elfstone said:

Dont tell me I'm the only one here who enjoys COD on mobile! :ninja:

I've never tried FPS on mobile... it's too small for me.:ninja:  Is it good?

I play simple games with low graphics on my phone, like: mahjong, scrabble, math games, physics games, 4 pics / 1 word, history games and stuff like that.

11 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

I've never tried FPS on mobile... it's too small for me.:ninja:  Is it good?

Definitely takes some getting used to with controls etc but its so much fun! Its super competitive too because there are max number of players in every match. :laugh:

I used to play Modern Combat 5 on ipad so Iam no stranger to touch controls. 

16 minutes ago, elfstone said:

Definitely takes some getting used to with controls etc but its so much fun! Its super competitive too because there are max number of players in every match. :laugh:

I used to play Modern Combat 5 on ipad so Iam no stranger to touch controls. 

Sounds interesting. I dunno if I can abandon the keyboard and mouse though. Even with a PS4 controller, I'm not enjoying the thing as much as on my PC.

Anyway, it's so good to see what they manage to do on mobile. When I was a kid, if sby had told me that one day there would be beautiful games (more beautiful than the PC games back then) on a 15 cm devices, I wouldn't have believed it. It's progressing so fast.

I'm really thinking about buying VR headsets (I'm sure it's the future :bounce:). Have you tried it?

12 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Sounds interesting. I dunno if I can abandon the keyboard and mouse though. Even with a PS4 controller, I'm not enjoying the thing as much as on my PC.

Anyway, it's so good to see what they manage to do on mobile. When I was a kid, if sby had told me that one day there would be beautiful games (more beautiful than the PC games back then) on a 15 cm devices, I wouldn't have believed it. It's progressing so fast.

I'm really thinking about buying VR headsets (I'm sure it's the future :bounce:). Have you tried it?

I know lol. The main reason I started MC5 was because I was in a long rehab from knee surgery back in early 16. Couldnt sit in a chair or use a pc for long periods of time without hurting. 

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

It looks good! I usually use this website (sorry, it's in French) to get advices on hardware purchases and they say it's really good (they gave it their highest mark), but they do say they don't advise it for hardcore gaming.

https://www.lesnumeriques.com/ordinateur-portable/hp-spectre-13-p32313.html

Its a different pc. I got the convertible model. My old pc still rocks though. Excellent display, build quality, internals, and battery life. Got it for a bargain too like 2/3 the price for a similar specced Dell or HP. Huawei Matebook 13. 

52 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

want to get a new home desktop but the type with 3 fans inside and a transparent door for a side panel.  

Lol every desktop case comes with a tampered glass side panel these days. :laugh:

52 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

what happened to elfstone's knee?

I tore my ACL in fall 2015 :ninja: 

59 minutes ago, elfstone said:

Not with me but then I try to avoid core i7 laptops, especially 8th gen onwards. I5 with geforce works best imo. 

I would like to find a desktop with a good cooling system already built in with at least 3 fans and a door.  I preserved my desktop for a decade by keeping it open all the time putting a fan backward to cycle out the air.  But this summer it finally crashed.

I have never used a laptop that didn't have heat problems for long use.

On 12/4/2020 at 4:11 AM, CandleVixen said:

The movie theater experience is on life support besides everything trending towards streaming anyway.

Which means cord cutting isn't going to be as money saving as it used to be as we're gonna need to pay for all these streaming services which will end up being equal to or more than cable. :banghead:

what stands out with the leaks the most is the false advertising regarding NPC density.  The game looks a lot more empty than I expected and more like other open world titles.  Game has detailed art and looks great on the next gen systems.   The leaks all indicate a game world with an "empty" feel.