Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

18 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

They copying the Chargers color scheme?

2 teams in LA and they both have the same color scheme which makes a lot of sense. :rofl:

I doubt they thought that through. Or they are going to say the colors are Rams “we’re Gold and Navy” and the Chargers are saying “we’re buttercup yellow and royal blue” just to split hairs. :angel:

2 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

I doubt they thought that through. Or they are going to say the colors are Rams “we’re Gold and Navy” and the Chargers are saying “we’re buttercup yellow and royal blue” just to split hairs. :angel:

Probably Jared Goff's idea/design..It would make a lot of sense :Angel:

1 hour ago, Matt! said:

Those morons can't get anything right :rofl::rofl: 

It's stupid from all marketing standpoints.

1 hour ago, CandleVixen said:

Yep!

Should've gotten an expansion team instead or let the Raiders come back. The NFL hates the Raiders and Davis family though.

34 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

And also not surprisingly, Metallica's concert here (and well, all of their tour) has been postponed.

It's going to be like this for any large gatherings for awhile; concerts, sports, movies, etc.

Funny I was just listening to this.

https://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/143-now-playing/?do=findComment&comment=5011783

I read an interesting article about why people have difficulty taking the coronavirus seriously. Apparently, one of the problems is that people struggle to understand exponential growth so they can't see a week or two ahead and how quickly things can get worse.

If I remembered where I saw it, I would have posted it.

The Witcher universe is awesome. It's really well written, it shows complex situations/characters in a credible world, yet far from ours (so it's a good way for escapism).

Star Wars, Star Trek and even Marvel movies, used to be like that... but they've been eaten away by modern woke politics. How can they be escapism now that they're made from the same material as the one that shapes our decaying media? :ermm:

@Stromboli1@CandleVixen@SympathysSilhouette

Star Trek Picard is such a missed oppurtunity. The cast is really good, the soundtrack is one of the best, but.... the scenario and dialogues are so crappy, so lame, so woke that the show is just sad....

Picard is getting insulted during EVERY SINGLE episode and for no valid reasons, just because he's an old man... he represents a world that Alex Kurtzman (aka the douchebag in chief) wants to destroy.

2020 smells like teen spirit. :Kung_fu_wft:

6 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

@Stromboli1@CandleVixen@SympathysSilhouette

Star Trek Picard is such a missed oppurtunity. The cast is really good, the soundtrack is one of the best, but.... the scenario and dialogues are so crappy, so lame, so woke that the show is just sad....

Picard is getting insulted during EVERY SINGLE episode and for no valid reasons, just because he's an old man... he represents a world that Alex Kurtzman (aka the douchebag in chief) wants to destroy.

2020 smells like teen spirit. :Kung_fu_wft:

Haven't watched the show and wouldn't if they paid me.

1 minute ago, Stromboli1 said:

Haven't watched the show and wouldn't if they paid me.

It's sad to watch. Alex Kurtzman is a bitter and hateful little man, who takes advantage of the work made by people who were far more competent than him. He adds nothing to the universe, he just slowly deconstruct Picard and adds his woke shit.

Not only does Kurtzman understand nothing from the lore, but his scenario is also widely inconsistent. His only obsession is getting woke.... well, then go broke!:bellazon:

3 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

It's sad to watch. Alex Kurtzman is a bitter and hateful little man, who takes advantage of the work made by people who were far more competent than him. He adds nothing to the universe, he just slowly deconstruct Picard and adds his woke shit.

Not only does Kurtzman understand nothing from the lore, but his scenario is also widely inconsistent. His only obsession is getting woke.... well, then go broke!:bellazon:

Star Trek is above being infected with today's politics like Orange Man Bad and Brexit at the expense of storywriting................. I have enough of that everyday and don't need that in the shit I watch.

Hollywood won't and doesn't get it cause they live in a bubble, the only thing they understand is money.

6 hours ago, jkjk said:

I read an interesting article about why people have difficulty taking the coronavirus seriously. Apparently, one of the problems is that people struggle to understand exponential growth so they can't see a week or two ahead and how quickly things can get worse.

If I remembered where I saw it, I would have posted it.

Sure, I think you're right. It's hard to understand, because our brains tend to intuitively see things with a linear view. Journalists do a very bad job too (I'm a bit angry at them because they obsessively repeat the same things, like "Orange man bad" or "don't say the virus comes from China", without adding much value)

Anyway, I think there's also a huge part of the population who does understand all this. What's amazing is that we live in times where the population is vastly educated. In fact, the share of the educated population has never been as high as today. The exponential function didn't even exist before the 17th century. Same for calculus. We don't realize how educated we are compared to them.:bounce:

Despite the mainstream media and Hollywood crap (that I really really dislike/hate), I know how lucky I am to live in such a great era. I had access to education, I live in a comfortable place, I can listen to all the music I want, I can watch every old TV shows or movies I want, I eat like a prince ate in the 13th century, etc. Life is good in 2020 :guitar:

@jkjk It reminds me of this video (it's in French, but I think youtube can translate it). It shows how our brain perceive probabilities, especially low and high ones. We tend to equate very low (or high) figures and it has broad implications tha he discusses (especially with conditional probabilities, but not only)

It reminds me how people compare the case fatality rate of the flu and Covid-9 (0.1% vs. 2%), saying it's the same, but... it's not the same, one is 20 times more likely than the other. It doesn't mean we're all gonna die, but it shows that it's harder for the system to absorb it (not to mention the fact that the R0 is higher here).

(I think I'm rambling on again tonight...:nicole:)

36 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Anyway, I think there's also a huge part of the population who does understand all this.

I try to remind myself of this when I can. Twitter and other forms of social media can make it seem like the frustrating people are the majority, but they are not. There are many smart and reasonable people out there, who you may agree with or not, but they are not on the extremes that people focus on.

23 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

It reminds me of this video (it's in French, but I think youtube can translate it). It shows how our brain perceive probabilities, especially low and high ones. We tend to equate very low (or high) figures and it has broad implications tha he discusses (especially with conditional probabilities, but not only)

It reminds me how people compare the case fatality rate of the flu and Covid-9 (0.1% vs. 2%), saying it's the same, but... it's not the same, one is 20 times more likely than the other.

Percentages and probabilities are certainly another thing people struggle with.

23 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

(I think I'm rambling on again tonight...:nicole:)

Bored? I wouldn't know anything about that.   :smile:

Creepy Joe was accused (almost 30 year old claim) recently. We'll see if the MSM goes after him like they do with others that have opposing ideologies that don't fit the narrative. Tara has been accused of being a Russian asset and she even reached out to Time's Up, but they won't help her cause...................

Ultimately, the group couldn’t assist her because the person she was accusing, Biden, was a candidate for federal office. Providing legal and P.R. support for Reade could reportedly threaten the non-profit status of Time’s Up, which is housed within the National Women’s Law Center (NWLC).

“As a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization, the National Women’s Law Center is restricted in how it can spend its funds, including restrictions that pertain to candidates running for election,” explained NWLC spokesperson, Maria Patrick, to The Intercept. “Our decision on whether or not to provide certain types of support to an individual should not be interpreted as our validation or doubt of the truthfulness of the person’s statements. Regardless, our support of workers who come forward regarding workplace sexual harassment remains unwavering.”

https://newsone.com/3917043/tara-reade-joe-biden-sexual-assault-accuser-breaks-silence/

#METOO #BELIEVEALLWOMEN #CREEPYJOE #RUSSIANASSET