Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

22 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

You're really liking Triss over Yenn in the game?  Are you going with the Triss romancE?

Physically, Triss and Yen are two types that I really like: green-eyed redhead and blue-eyed brunette.

However, Triss' personality is way better. She's dedicated, faithful and gentle. She knows what's important for her, and she does everything for people and things she cares for. You can see it in this mission (and she has a great voice - which is very important)

Yen brags too much. There's something selfish in her and she uses others (including Geralt). I don't feel she's very trustworthy, which is really bad IMHO. She's a cold calculating person and you never know if she charms Geralt for her personal use or for a real relationship.

--------------

In the Witcher series, Yen looks really good. I like her acting (at least what I saw in the trailer). She looks really promising. On the other hand, Triss' actress looks bland, and that's a bit annoying.

18 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

It was a 6.6 and in this country nobody worries unless it's a 7 or more :rofl:

You've had the most powerful earthquake ever recorded in Chile (1960 Valdivia, M 9.5).:chicken:  I only know it because one of my ex was a geophysicist. :laugh:

She showed me a numerical simulation of the tsunami created by the earthquake in 1960: they felt it in Australia, Japan, China, etc. I think she worked with scholars from Chile (though I don't remember for sure).

I still hope that everything's good for you. I guess an earthquake is never anodyne, even when you know afterwards that it was a "small" one . Have you felt many earthquakes in your life?

57 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

You've had the most powerful earthquake ever recorded in Chile (1960 Valdivia, M 9.5).:chicken:  I only know it because one of my ex was a geophysicist. :laugh:

She showed me a numerical simulation of the tsunami created by the earthquake in 1960: they felt it in Australia, Japan, China, etc. I think she worked with scholars from Chile (though I don't remember for sure).

I still hope that everything's good for you. I guess an earthquake is never anodyne, even when you know afterwards that it was a "small" one . Have you felt many earthquakes in your life?

Yes, Valdivia's 1960 is the biggest ever recorded. It's hard to even imagine the magnitude of such an earthquake. My parents both lived that earthquake and VERY close to the epicenter and what they tell about it and the devastation it caused it's terrifying.

And yes, the tsunami caused some destruction even as far as Hawaii. 

But everything is good here. Really, a 6.6 (though this one was quite superficial) does pretty much nothing over here. The buildings are made to resist much bigger earthquakes or else the whole country would be on the ground every few years. That being said it was quite the movement; I was cooking and quickly cut the gas :rofl:  It was probably the stronger I've felt since 2010. 

I've felt MANY earthquakes. If you live in Chile you'll be inevitably dealing with them. That said, most are small and we don't even use the Spanish word for earthquake (= terremoto) for anything under 7, or pretty much anything that doesn't cause any destruction. We say "temblor" (... as if a "shake"?).
But I felt the February 27 2010 one. It was huge, actually the second biggest in Chile only after Valdivia's. This one was 8.8.

I was in Osorno, some 500 km south of the epicenter and it felt quite powerful even there. it was 3 AM... I felt the house - no exaggerating - moving from side to side. But luckily nothing happened there. Closer to the epicenter and even in Santiago it was a different story. It was a very destructive earthquake, even if not as much as 1960's.

Now I know that I’m turned into my parents; I remember them saying wtf is the world/country coming to?? 

In less than 12 hours there has been 2 mass shootings. One in El Paso, TX and one in Dayton, Ohio.

The news conferences have both mentioned that “we” need to be more watchful of people, our loved ones for signs of mental illness. To make sure our neighbors are alright. If you suspect/observe someone acting strangely to call the authorities.

What we really need is to bring mental illnesses into the foreground and start to really make people to stop making jokes about it. 

I’m sad, yet mad that these shootings happened. Why? Because if this shit was dealt with when the Las Vegas shooting happened. 

Our prez pointed out the opioid crisis, can’t he do the same for us who are dealing with our own(or a loved one) mental health illness.

My my thoughts are jumbled at the moment.

:angry: :(:huh:

23 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

Fuck that and no thanks!

Do not use blablabla *panting* gender blablabla *panting* *panting*

Seems like a bunch of disoriented kids, who let their anger flow because they are discontent with other people's opinion and they want to control how other people speak.

They need parents to tell them they should just go home and rethink their lives.

Spoiler