Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

41 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

You are? That's great! :bounce:Is it for fun or do you have a specific purpouse? You know there's actually a part of France in South America (Guyana). Have you been there? That's a nice place.

Mostly for fun.

And yes, I knew about it. Never been there though. Have you?

42 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yes, it's hard for me to understand spoken Spanish as well. I think it's got to do with the facts that I can't detect when a word ends and another starts.  Then the intonation makes it harder and the speaking pace are quite different too. The hardest "latin (romance) language" for me is probably Portuguese. :idk:

Well, I have a similar problem with French :rofl: Also the overwhelming amount of homophones it has (or at least homophones for an untrained ear like me) doesn't make it easier.

Other thing about Spanish that may make it harder is its myriad of different accents :chicken: 

Portuguese is veeeery similar to Spanish too :chicken: 

51 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

That's cool! I didn't know all of these solos. Interesting ones!

They are! Musically interesting too, besides the pyrotechnic speed (except for the Annihilator one... that one is mostly just pentatonic with some extra notes here and there) :chicken: 

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

Also both my parents got their 2 doses of the vaccine and I'm so happy

Very cool, Stormy! 

I finally got my first shot appointment set on Sunday. I go Thursday, yea!! 
FiL got his first shot on Friday. 

Hubs needs to get his, sometime. 

6 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

I finally got my first shot appointment set on Sunday. I go Thursday, yea!! 

Awesome! :chicken::chicken::chicken:

5 minutes ago, Matt! said:

That's great news, when are you getting yours? :chicken:

Still no idea. I don't think it'll be before one or two months for my age group. 

22 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

And yes, I knew about it. Never been there though. Have you?

I have! It's a beautiful place.  :bounce:  It's wild. There are some big spiders, but they're nice ones, people pet them (you could pet one, they're soft like velvet!) There are jaguars, big snakes, caiman, etc. but the real dangers are mosquitoes, parasites and microbes! The small beasts are more dangerous than the big ones. :ninja:

I thought I could swim in the ocean, but apparently the currents are dangerous. As for the rivers, well... there are leeches and piranhas (I realize I might not sell it very well, but I assure you it's a great place :laugh:)

Also the overwhelming amount of homophones it has (or at least homophones for an untrained ear like me) doesn't make it easier.

Homopohones? Like what? :bounce:

Portuguese is veeeery similar to Spanish too :chicken: 

I remember this :bounce:  Brazil is one of the biggest countries for models!

2 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

I have! It's a beautiful place.  :bounce:  It's wild. There are some big spiders, but they're nice ones, people pet them (you could pet one, they're soft like velvet!) There are jaguars, big snakes, caiman, etc. but the real dangers are mosquitoes, parasites and microbes! The small beasts are more dangerous than the big ones. :ninja:

I thought I could swim in the ocean, but apparently the currents are dangerous. As for the rivers, well... there are leeches and piranhas (I realize I might not sell it very well, but I assure you it's a great place :laugh:)

"Nice spiders" don't exist :blah: 

But yeah, those "small beats" tend to be the most dangerous!

6 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

This video might be better than me to promote Guyana!:angel:  If you like space and technology, the space launchers in Kourou are great :bounce:

It does a better job presenting it indeed :rofl: 

Looks beautiful :chicken: :chicken: 

14 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Homopohones? Like what? :bounce:

I mean the incredible amount of words that sound exactly the same as others :chicken::chicken::chicken: 

(That for an untrained ear like mine at least).

17 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

I remember this :bounce:  Brazil is one of the biggest countries for models!

Fun video :rofl: :rofl: 

And without actually knowing Portuguese I could understand pretty much all of it.