Bellazon

Battle of the Bods

Joe > Average

• 3 months later...

I wanna try this again :p . For one, just curious to see the different results of A) some different voters and B) the same voters after a bit of time and C) the difference in person vs. person as in person vs. person all votes are equal so the dynamics are different (a 3-5 has more power than a 9 or 10 whereas a x3 is a x3). But the way I want to go is...

1. 5 vs. 5 per round

2. Faces covered (if even 40% doesn't recognize them it serves purpose enough for the experiment :laugh: ). And even if you do recognize them focusing on body only should add at least a slightly different perspective...

3. I'll get some pics together slowly, but anyone can feel free to nominate casually.

4. Most importantly because of the face covering thing, all nominations must be done through pm only :p .

5. To nominate you need 10 pics with all major angles shown (for the benefit of those that don't know them or know them well).

6. The person who has the best win/loss record wins :) .

7. I don't have 1 and 7 totally figured out actually, but that's just where I am :) :ninja: .

May I add that people should try to use lesser known pictures of the model. IE if it's from VS/SI or a super known/popular ad/editoral it won't matter how much you cut off the head, we'll be able to tell who the person is, even if we aren't a fan. Also might want to cover any tat's the model has that are showing... another dead give away.

@ Joe I lolz so hard at this. /goestohelllaughing

You laugh, you lose.

post-1004-0-1446064146-23529_thumb.jpg

Also might want to cover any tat's the model has that are showing... another dead give away.

I don't think that would be fair. If they change what they look like by getting tattoos shouldn't the pictures show how they actually look with the tattoos?

The scoring is over (unless for fyi), but thanks :flower: .

Joe, this sounds great, especially covering their heads!! :dance:

Glad you like :D though the head covering was originally Stamaholic's idea :) .

Also might want to cover any tat's the model has that are showing... another dead give away.

I don't think that would be fair. If they change what they look like by getting tattoos shouldn't the pictures show how they actually look with the tattoos?

:dontgetit: I'm not understanding that on 3 different levels :ninja: .

You laugh, you lose.

I guess I win :ninja: , but its one of those ungratifying victories like the guy that wins the argument with his lady and gets no action as a result :ninja: .

May I add that people should try to use lesser known pictures of the model. IE if it's from VS/SI or a super known/popular ad/editoral it won't matter how much you cut off the head, we'll be able to tell who the person is, even if we aren't a fan. Also might want to cover any tat's the model has that are showing... another dead give away.
Good point Pretty. I´m curious how the results will look.

Thanks, I'll definitely try that :flower: .

And to all in general, I was meaning to say even if everyone isn't fooled necessarily, just focusing on the bodies alone for comparissons in and of itself I think will make it more competitive.

:dontgetit: I'm not understanding that on 3 different levels :ninja: .

The competition is about looks, tattoos change a person's looks. Some people might think the person with that tattoo looks better or worse than a person who looked the same but didn't have that tattoo. The tattoo could be okay or really bad, but it changes the person's looks, which is what the competition is about.

Well, not general looks but body looks for the premise of putting everyone on roughly the same page (judged on the merit of the body). As to the some may think they look better with a tatoo, I'm sure most people think a person they think is pretty with a nice body looks better than someone they think is a butterface, but that still has no bearing on the direction we're going. I know you're well-meaning so I'm going to restrain myself from comical/sarcastic analogies and just limit it down to, I respect your opinion, but in all due respect this is a non issue to me :/ . I won't refuse a mostly tatted person, but if a tat can be easily avoided on a person with one distinctive one that isn't generally visible anyway, I will. Though I must say in the whole last comp I didn't see one tat anyway.

I just wanted to make a few general things clear :) .

1. On the Premise

I just want to make plain that the main objective isn't just to fool everyone, but to make the voters look closer at what's being compared by not focusing as much on other things for the purpose of making the comp more competitive. Whereas before one my vote based on the name, with body only, the hope is even if you figure it out, focusing just that much more on the subject at hand will enhance the objectivity of the decision at least a fraction. And above all some who may not would have had a chance in the scoring portion based on lack of name recognition can moreso blend in here.

2. Issues

I'm aware and stillinwonderland brought it to my attention again that the nominating via pm only can confuse some. My remedy is this, A) Know that not many people are nominating (about 4 so far), so the chances the person you want to nominate is already nominated aren't particularly high B) Try to have maybe 4-5 names in mind and that will decrease the chances even further. I know its inconvenient, but that's the best I can do atm. And Pheno and I are finding general pics to speed the process up anyway.

3. What would help...

As I said, 'fooling' people isn't the only objective, but as Pretty said SI pics and VSFS pics given its popularity here are probably the biggest giveaway, so if you don't mind, could we maybe go for the same poses in editorials and candids instread? I'm willing to help anyone who has difficulty.

4. On choosing pics

Try to incorporate enough of a variety of angles to your pics so that someone seeing them for the first time can judge adequately. Ex. at least 1 front shot from at least the neck to upper thighs, at least 1 full leg shot that lets them see what kind of legs they have, at least 1 bottom shot (can be either facing camera or just them turning to the side if that's all you can find).

5. Advice needed

Does anyone have any input as to what the maximum o nominees per round without being cumbersome on the eyes? That is bearing in mind the average blocked set of pics is about 600 x 900. 4 rows of 2? 3 rows of 2? 2 rows of 2?

6. I'm considering this a work in progress atm, but its progressing :wave: .

5. Advice needed

Does anyone have any input as to what the maximum o nominees per round without being cumbersome on the eyes? That is bearing in mind the average blocked set of pics is about 600 x 900. 4 rows of 2? 3 rows of 2? 2 rows of 2?

Where do you get 600x900 from? Is that for a block of 10 pictures? :blink:

How is the voting going to work if there's more than 2 at a time? Is it going to be all against all, or model 1 vs model 2, model 3 vs model 4, etc?

The 600 was originally because that was the bandwidth lengnth rule of that time, now its 1,050 (so yeah, that would eliminate the two per row I guess :pinch: ). The average set of blocked pics is about this size post-17304-0-1446064147-07846_thumb.jpg. They'll start off going against others in their own groups that I have them in, but the overall premise is for all to go against all and the person with the best win to loss record wins. If 5 are in the first voting round for example, everyone ranks them 1-5 and everyone you place higher or lower than counts to your record as someone you beat or lost to.