Bellazon

Kate Upton
Thumbnail

allus6ka

Thanks everyone! :wave:

Also she got this :D Pretty prestigous award for Kate! Bod of the year ;)

GQ's Model Behavior Body of the Year: Kate Upton

There are so many reasons to love Kate Upton. The 19-year-old supermodel walks, poses, and dances with the best of them. We sat down with Sports Illustrated's curvy swimsuit star to discuss music, modeling, and motivation.

There are few things more intimidating than a supermodel. But who knew the blonde bombshell walking the runway for Victoria's Secret is really just a Southern girl who enjoys the simple pleasures of Dirty South hip-hop dance? We caught up with Kate Upton to get to know the woman behind the body America is falling in love with.

GQ: So, we've got to ask you about the infamous video where you're Dougie-ing. Your Dougie is better than Michelle Obama's Dougie, by the way.

Kate Upton: Thank you so much. I'm very competitive about my Dougie.

GQ: Have you moved on to a new dance? The Dougie is really old now.

Kate Upton: I know! I haven't decided on a new one yet. People keep giving me different dances I should learn but I'm not sure. Maybe the Cupid Shuffle or something. You know, like an even older song.

GQ: Is hip-hop your favorite genre of music?

Kate Upton: Definitely.

GQ: Who's your favorite rapper?

Kate Upton: Right now, I love Nicki Minaj. I know all the words to "Super Bass" but it's really embarrassing so I can't do it for you.

GQ: If you were a rapper, what would your name be?

Kate Upton: All my friends call me Kupton.

GQ: Kupton?

Kate Upton: Yeah, like K...Upton: Kupton.

GQ: What would the name of your first album be?

Kate Upton: Two Girls, One Kupton. [laughs]

http://www.gq.com/women/photos/201112/mode...w#ixzz1fz75Hzf5

Thanks everyone! :wave:

Also she got this :D Pretty prestigous award for Kate! Bod of the year ;)

GQ's Model Behavior Body of the Year: Kate Upton

There are so many reasons to love Kate Upton. The 19-year-old supermodel walks, poses, and dances with the best of them. We sat down with Sports Illustrated's curvy swimsuit star to discuss music, modeling, and motivation.

There are few things more intimidating than a supermodel. But who knew the blonde bombshell walking the runway for Victoria's Secret is really just a Southern girl who enjoys the simple pleasures of Dirty South hip-hop dance? We caught up with Kate Upton to get to know the woman behind the body America is falling in love with.

GQ: So, we've got to ask you about the infamous video where you're Dougie-ing. Your Dougie is better than Michelle Obama's Dougie, by the way.

Kate Upton: Thank you so much. I'm very competitive about my Dougie.

GQ: Have you moved on to a new dance? The Dougie is really old now.

Kate Upton: I know! I haven't decided on a new one yet. People keep giving me different dances I should learn but I'm not sure. Maybe the Cupid Shuffle or something. You know, like an even older song.

GQ: Is hip-hop your favorite genre of music?

Kate Upton: Definitely.

GQ: Who's your favorite rapper?

Kate Upton: Right now, I love Nicki Minaj. I know all the words to "Super Bass" but it's really embarrassing so I can't do it for you.

GQ: If you were a rapper, what would your name be?

Kate Upton: All my friends call me Kupton.

GQ: Kupton?

Kate Upton: Yeah, like K...Upton: Kupton.

GQ: What would the name of your first album be?

Kate Upton: Two Girls, One Kupton. [laughs]

http://www.gq.com/women/photos/201112/mode...w#ixzz1fz75Hzf5

just saw this today. two girls, one kupton xD it's actually a nice little read too :)

and thanks for the screencaps :rofl:

The pictures from the link & the rest of the interview

post-18831-0-1446076410-95445_thumb.jpg post-18831-0-1446076411-03399_thumb.jpg post-18831-0-1446076411-07548_thumb.jpg post-18831-0-1446076411-12133_thumb.jpg post-18831-0-1446076411-14979_thumb.jpg post-18831-0-1446076411-16964_thumb.jpg post-18831-0-1446076411-18991_thumb.jpg post-18831-0-1446076411-21535_thumb.jpg post-18831-0-1446076411-2622_thumb.jpg

GQ: When you were a kid, before you considered modeling, what was your perception of models and the industry?

Kate Upton: I was actually scouted at 12. I didn't start modeling at 12, but models always had my attention. I used to get made fun of at school so my mom would go through pages of magazines and point out how I looked like the models. For example, I used to get made fun of because I had bushy eyebrows and she'd point out that all the models have bushy eyebrows. I also had long legs but I was really short so it was awkward. She'd be like, 'Oh, all the models have long legs.' So I loved models because it was my way to keep up my confidence in school.

GQ: Is there a model that you really look up to?

Kate Upton: Adriana [Lima] has always been my favorite.

GQ: What makes her special?

Kate Upton: I think that there is a fine line between coming across sexy in a photo and coming across slutty. She's able to capture sexy.

GQ: Are you worried about crossing that line between sexy and slutty?

Kate Upton: Um, I was definitely aware of it at first because I would never want to come across wrong. I think it's just about being natural, you know? About having a natural beauty. I feel like that is from the inside and it shows in the pictures. People might not believe this but your personality does come out in the photos.

GQ: Who's a non-model female that you really look up to? Other than Nicki Minaj.

Kate Upton: [laughs] Of course. I really look up to my mom. She's my best friend and I always try to model myself after her. She's such a good person, definitely who I look up to the most.

GQ: If you weren't modeling, what would you be doing?

Kate Upton: Probably the traditional route of going to college, but I always wanted to model so it's hard to even imagine myself doing anything else. I really enjoy it.

GQ: What would you study in school?

Kate Upton: Probably something in fashion because I have a special love for it.

GQ: Would you ever move into the realm of designing?

Kate Upton: I actually would like that. I have an interest in it but I haven't pursued it much farther than that, but maybe one day.

GQ: You became extremely popular extremely fast. How is it dealing with being in the public eye?

Kate Upton: It was a little bit of a shock at first. But I don't really let it get to me, especially if it's not true. They have their right to judge or say stuff about me and I have my right to not care and live my life.

GQ: Do you prefer walking on the runway or print?

Kate Upton: I like print much better.

GQ: Why?

Kate Upton: Because the runway is for the designer to have his ability to be creative. The model is really just a mannequin. But in print it's about the whole thing and you're able to create a picture�"it really brings out everybody's talent.

GQ: What's your ideal date?

Kate Upton: My ideal date? Hmm...

GQ: Every man in America is waiting to read the answer to this question.

Kate Upton: [laughs] I don't know because if I liked the guy I really am not expecting a lot, just hanging out and being together as long as we enjoy each other's company is fun to me... but if there were something that involved horses, he'd probably win my heart.

GQ: You said that when you were younger your mother would make you feel better about your insecurities. What do you say to the girls who look at supermodels and become self-conscious?

Kate Upton: Girls are mean and it's not going to stop there. People will say mean things and be mean when you're older. You have to love yourself and know you'll find your niche. It doesn't get easier, so you just have to learn to deal with it.

GQ: What do you want your legacy to be?

Kate Upton: I hope that it's about my personality, you know? About being a happy person and less about being a sex symbol.

GQ: Do you think you're a sex symbol?

Kate Upton: Not there yet, but I think that people like to see me in a bikini.

GQ: Do you want to be a sex symbol?

Kate Upton: I don't know. I just don't want that to be the only thing I'm known for.