Bellazon

Kate Upton
Thumbnail

allus6ka

^ Based on what I have read and seen (including interviews), you can tell she is pompous and feels entitled. Most likely as a defense mechanism to hide her personal issues and insecurities.

She like one of those "consultants" companies bring in to help a company run better. They usually act like they are above everybody and they belittle those they view as inferior.

The thing is VS never distanced themselves from the comments Ms.Neophitou-Apostolou made. Those comments became a confirmation bias to some people as to why certain models don't walked for VSFS, and don't become Angels either. All they have to do is look at the casting choices for VS and the models that have become Angels to see that perception is reality.

I don't have the need to see her as an Angel but I doubt that she would be a disaster. For some reason pictures from Liverpool Fashion Fest remind me of the style of photo ops that Angels do and I like the pictures a lot! She would probably look the same even when paired up. Credit to LucyLover:

post-38690-0-88864600-1369689821_thumb.j post-38690-0-27487600-1369689844_thumb.j

Of course that is all in the makeup. Kate does fill a role in a catalogue, as they need someone who is fuller figured now that they've stopped using Marisa. Sure you can digitally enhance Lily or Candice but it isn't the same. She does not fit the VSFS though, I can agree with that.

So apparently Kate is pissed off at VS using an old shot of hers.

Of course there is little she can do about it, but you have to wonder what VS is thinking in creating the illusions she is still working for them?

Obviously they are latching onto the publicity she has garnered recently, but wouldn't they stand to get a hit to their own image if Kate makes a public dismissal of their company?

It already makes VS look desperate latching on to the fame of the model they dissed (it was one person who made the comments but did VS publicly apologize?). But Kate shouldn't burn any bridges with VS. Even though they threw the first stone. They can possibly have a mutually beneficial relationship in the future.

Like they say..It aint personal, its strictly business.

Never allow your personal beliefs to stop you from making money and VS are doing exactly that. And can be as hypocritical as they want because 20 years from now, they will be still doing their thing but with dozens of other women who are the hot things of 2033.

I think we'd be surprised at just how many models have done shots for VS. Its just that very few of them ever have those shots used.

I think we'd be surprised at just how many models have done shots for VS. Its just that very few of them ever have those shots used.

Agreed!

It's a good investment by VS because when the model is 'big' they can bring them up as VS owns the rights to the pictures. The contract likely says we don't need your approval and the model at that point would want exposure.