Bellazon

Kate Upton
Thumbnail

allus6ka

The story of Kate getting cast for SI is that she couldn't go to castings before because she was 17 & the day after she turned 18 even though the castings were done already IMG spoke to MJ about having a girl that she needed to see for SI & they send Kate.

I can't remember if it was this year or in 2011 but that was what MJ said in an interview

Actually Kate said about She being the last one after they casted all their girls.

u can see her talked about it at 1.26 in this video.

BUT honestly i really think she was too good lol her appealing to guys is so big that probably that make her to get the job.

I have a question for you guys. Do you think Kate's family has anything to do with her continued success in "HF" modeling? The Upton family is damn near royalty in the United States, and money gives you the option to achieve more and with greater ease then those who have to work hard for it.

For those of you who don't know who Kate's Great Grandfather and Uncle are the founders and owners of a little company called Whirlpool (networth 18 billion o.o), so between the politics and a fortune 500 company Kate's set for life.

I'd like to think that the families wealth isn't a factor is Kate's success but the resounding answer to your question is YES! Money is much too influential for it not to be a variable in Kate's continuing success. Question for me now is how much of Kate's family monetary influences have sculpted her career? I've seen first hand what money can buy and influence at a local government level so it wouldn't be a surprise if a push here or there to give Kate the upper hand was put forth a times.

My opinions about Kate are pretty neutral, but her family totally paid her way in. So obvious even from the beginning. Even a little "help" goes a long way. I know many of you fanatics will disagree with me and come up w/ arguments to refute. No need. My opinion stands (Y)

I have a question for you guys. Do you think Kate's family has anything to do with her continued success in "HF" modeling? The Upton family is damn near royalty in the United States, and money gives you the option to achieve more and with greater ease then those who have to work hard for it.

For those of you who don't know who Kate's Great Grandfather and Uncle are the founders and owners of a little company called Whirlpool (networth 18 billion o.o), so between the politics and a fortune 500 company Kate's set for life.

I'd like to think that the families wealth isn't a factor is Kate's success but the resounding answer to your question is YES! Money is much too influential for it not to be a variable in Kate's continuing success. Question for me now is how much of Kate's family monetary influences have sculpted her career? I've seen first hand what money can buy and influence at a local government level so it wouldn't be a surprise if a push here or there to give Kate the upper hand was put forth a times.

My opinions about Kate are pretty neutral, but her family totally paid her way in. So obvious even from the beginning. Even a little "help" goes a long way. I know many of you fanatics will disagree with me and come up w/ arguments to refute. No need. My opinion stands (Y)

You might be right Pinky, but even if she got help, she had to have enough of an appeal to last. Otherwise there would be more filthy rich heiresses who have serious modelling careers.

Actually Kate said about She being the last one after they casted all their girls.

u can see her talked about it at 1.26 in this video.

BUT honestly i really think she was too good lol her appealing to guys is so big that probably that make her to get the job.

I think her family maybe helped her when she was starting with her career but i don't think all the money in the world can make you a good model & book jobs, Riley K never had a huge success as a model, Georgia May Jagger was hot for like two days & there are many other models who are rich/well connected but still didn't manage to make it as big as Kate

Of course it didn't hurt her career, that's probably why she got signed with IMG at first but right now i think Kate owns her success to herself & her good management

Isn't that what i said? :idk:

You buried a fragment about her being signed to IMG in a sentence largely diminishing its importance. I'm just emphasizing that the logical counter-argument to your first paragraph probably deserves more consideration than that.

Big Boi Shoots Skullcandy Commercial w/ Kate Upton

Atlanta rap delegate and one half of the might OutKast, Big Boi, was in California recently to shoot a commercial with Skullcandy headphones and Kate Upton.

We're not sure what the details of the shoot are, but we do know that is seems to involve "Funny Or Die" and that Skull Candy has a gang of Hip-Hop acts in their circle, including MMG and Roc Nation rappers Wale and Meek Mill. The headphone and earbud company also has athletes like Derrick Rose, James Harden, Kevin Durant, and more, in the mix, too. Also, Kate Upton is an official spokeswoman for the brand.

KXTza.png SuXQx.png