Bellazon

Pivovarova, Poly, Fontana, Ward, Kuik, Stam, Werbowy, Rocha, Zimmerman

Joe > Average

Pivovarova, Kuik, Stam, Fontana, Ward, Werbowy, Rocha, Zimmerman, Poly  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Best Overall? (closest to an ideal model to you)

• Sasha Pivovarova
    • Gemma Ward
    • Tiiu Kuik
    • Isabeli Fontana
    • Jessica Stam
    • Daria Werbowy
    • Coco Rocha
    • Natasha Poly
    • Raquel Zimmerman
  2. 2. Best editorial model?

• Natasha Poly
    • Gemma Ward
    • Sasha Pivovarova
    • Tiiu Kuik
    • Jessica Stam
    • Isabeli Fontana
    • Daria Werbowy
    • Coco Rocha
    • Raquel Zimmerman
  3. 3. Best runway model?

• Natasha Poly
    • Gemma Ward
    • Sasha Pivovarova
    • Tiiu Kuik
    • Jessica Stam
    • Isabeli Fontana
    • Daria Werbowy
    • Coco Rocha
    • Raquel Zimmerman

Just to remind, it's Joe's poll, so it was his choice which models he should include here :whistle:

And Idk if Gemma is THAT known from being with Heath, really..... if so, she wasn't dating him long enough, to be known as his gf.

She's not like Bar :cain: (nothing against Bar, just comparing).

Zimmerman & Fontana are in this list the only two who get the closest to the 90's supermodels standard that i love, the other girls just don't stand the comparison looks wise, they can be good in editorials dressed up like christmas trees & with much makeup on, but live that's another story

I voted:

Isabeli

Raquel

Isabeli

Walk out on the street and if you're not in a fashion oriented location not a goddamn person will know who Isabeli or Raquel is. While they may be relatively big in the fashion community what set the quote on quote 90's supermodels apart from the rest of the modeling community is that they were household names.. sorry these girls just don't have it, no way no how. Gemma on that list is the ONLY one who may be known in the 'real' worldand that's simply due to her association with Heath Ledger and the alleged contraversy over his death and that association, and the fact that she's been in 2 movies that haven't done horribly, one of which she was one of the main actors, the other one is horror and the fanatics that follow horror just eat that up, regardless if it's good or not.

I still don't understand what your answer had to do with anything i previously wrote...i was only saying that Fontana and Zimmerman are to me, out of this list, the 2 closest to the 90's supermodels' standard, but i was clearly talking about their looks, not popularity...everybody know today only Gisele Bundchen can compare to what a small number of models used to be in the 90's, but that was not the point....both Isabeli & Raquel have good healty bodies, something we don't see very often nowadays in modelling world, of corse they're slim, but not like starving skeletric kids, and that's why out of this list they're the ones who come the closest to what 90's supermodels used to be looks wise....i never even mentioned popularity, i never talked about people knowing them on the street or anything like that, and have no idea at why or how you came up with that, and talking about Gemma, as far as i'm concerned she might as well be recognized by the whole wide world, i would still not like her....i kind of like Sasha too though, especially in editorials, but still not crazy about her

I never stated that you had to like Gemma, or any other girl on the list however if you want to compare them to the 90`s supermodels you have to throw in popularity as well as looks. One of the main reasons the quote on quote greats were great is because they were household names. So popularity factored into their careers as much as their looks. As for Isabeli looking fit and healthy, look at her recent backstage pictures and runway shots, she doesn`t look exceptionally healthy. When she looks more gaunt then Natasha Poly you know there`s a problem, as Natasha was for quite some time notoriously known for being overly thin.

Regardless, you`re entititled to your opinoin as am I.

1. It DOES NOT have to be industry consensus or anything. I'm not asking you who do you think the designers and photographers like the most ect. but who impresses YOU the most as a model :) .

2. Its NOT about who is the hottest right now, but either their body of work or career at their height (or else your vote would be irrelevant if your favorite stopped working :nicole: ) .

3. "Overall" DOES NOT mean combining the two areas (editorial and runway) mentioned (I could only have 2 questions), but "overall" means who is the closest to an ideal model to you :flower: .

4. I sort of...maybe reset the votes because I forgot someone :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: . She's too big to fit with the other group I wanted to do and she fits better here... post-17304-0-1446057687-95533_thumb.gif. I hope you guys don't hate me :blush: .

post-17304-0-1446057687-9831_thumb.gif

I never stated that you had to like Gemma, or any other girl on the list however if you want to compare them to the 90`s supermodels you have to throw in popularity as well as looks.

According to who? who decided this unspoken rule? if i want to compare them only by the looks, i will compare them only by the looks, period, without minding about who's more popular, whos less popular, how popular they used to be or anything like that, i know that already but that's not what we were asked to judge! i only know that if i had to imagine Isabeli or Raquel (or also Daria Werbowy, that is my third favorite on the list) sharing the same runway with the likes of Shiffer, Crawford, Evangelista, Campbell, Turlinghton, Christensen, Mulder and so on, they wouldn't look completely out of place like Gemma Ward or Coco Rocha would, plain and simple....the concept is not that articulate nor hard to get

One of the main reasons the quote on quote greats were great is because they were household names.

And how did they become household names? was it because they were funny and were good to crack a joke!? No, but because of the way they looked, and that's what i was comparing, for by average, 90's supermodels were better looking that today's models, and that's pretty much a fact.

1. It DOES NOT have to be industry consensus or anything. I'm not asking you who do you think the designers and photographers like the most ect. but who impresses YOU the most as a model

Thank you!

who said isabeli is skinny? damn she is The body - picture of yesterday

post-21972-0-1446057689-27305_thumb.jpg

i do think she has a great body too...the first time i saw her was at the 2005 victoria's secret runway show, when she came out right after Naomi Campbell...i didn't know who she was yet, and for a moment there i was surprised because i swear thought it was Helena Christensen when i knew she had retired from modelling years before, until i gave a second better look and realised i was mistaken :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...