Bellazon

2009 SI Swimsuit Issue

Well yeah, they may not be the top names some may associate with the issue, but I agree, not second tier. I see potential there :guitar: .

xcku1w.jpg...Cintia's great, her hair bright red flame

Irina's smokin' and has a really long name

Bar from far East, Tori the far West

Is Jarah the Hawaiian you love best?

Ariel M is so cute with a tender sweet smile,

Damaris' cheekbones like the queen of the Nile

Jessica Gomes, Haro and Jessica White too,

I like Daniella Sarahybra, now how bout' you?

Esti says "I look young, but please don't hate"

Lucia seems like Vlada with an hourglass shape

Annie V seems to be the veteran of the bunch

I'll learn the rest later, I've just got a hunch...xcku1w.jpg

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

Well yeah, they may not be the top names some may associate with the issue, but I agree, not second tier. I see potential there :guitar: .

xcku1w.jpg...Cintia's great, her hair bright red flame

Irina's smokin' and has a really long name

Bar from far East, Tori the far West

Is Jarah the Hawaiian you love best?

Ariel M is so cute with a tender sweet smile,

Damaris' cheekbones like the queen of the Nile

Jessica Gomes, Haro and Jessica White too,

I like Daniella Sarahybra, now how bout' you?

Esti says "I look young, but please don't hate"

Lucia seems like Vlada with an hourglass shape

Annie V seems to be the veteran of the bunch

I'll learn the rest later, I've just got a hunch...xcku1w.jpg

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

what a great tune! I love it! Thanx! :wave: All the things you said are true, too. :D It should be a good mag :yes:

^ I agree with what sweetandlow was saying about there being too much sex in SI recently.

Like I commented on the other page, it's the swimsuit issue. I think Marisa Miller's cover was fantastic, but she was wearing some very small briefs and that was it... wasn't really swimwear ( although I was so pleased she got the cover!)

In the new video's, you can see so many girls wearing " sand bikini's" etc. and IMO that's ridiculous. It makes you feel like SI is trying to compete with FHM and failing miserably. They should just be SI. SI is a big deal!!

If you watch the " making of" videos from the eighties with Julie Campbell ( is she still around at the issue??) she is constantly telling the girls to bring it back if they're doing too overtly sexy poses and I remember in one particular video Kathy Ireland saying what she had learned at SI was not to be too sexy, but that it was " all in the eyes."

They should get back to that attitude, IMO, if not with this new issue then with SI 2010. It was WAY sexier.

Wow, I didn't expect Damaris to be there, but I'm happy to see she is still working :|

And I'm very surprised to see Hilary. She wasn't at f/w 2008/09 and s/s 2009 fashion show seasons, and now she's in SI :p

^ I don't think Brooklyn and Marisa are really that similar at all. But she seemed cool hosting last year's behind-the-scenes special, and she has the sporty-yet-voluptuous thing going, so she would make a good covermodel.

^ I don't think Brooklyn and Marisa are really that similar at all. But she seemed cool hosting last year's behind-the-scenes special, and she has the sporty-yet-voluptuous thing going, so she would make a good covermodel.

It depends on how you look at it. I think within the current crop of SISE models, Brooklyn is probably closest to MM in terms of looks and body type. If we widen the scope, then I'd agree with you.

...yah tell that to cheryl tiegs who wore the see through one piece in 83'

Yeah, but at least she was wearing a swimsuit!! :laugh:

And she might have had a wet see-through swimmie on, but she was smiling and still looked somewhat non-threatening. If she had been fashioning a pouty sexy face, it would have been WAY different. Not iconic.

I agree with, mbinebri, I like Daniella. She has a playful energy and a real SI Christie Brinkley type of smile!

I also really like the idea of Julie Henderson's location in the pottery barn, spinning the pots. Not for a cover, but the pictures from that should be cool if she models well! I laughed at her comment, " I've never been inside a real pottery barn. I've been to the one in New York, but that's it!" :p

You know, it actually is fitting that this is a Sports Illustrated issue. Replace "Tori" and "Bar" with say, Colts and Patriots, and it's just like a sports debate.

Here's the thing, no one is actually right.

FWIW, I'd expect Bar, but your average SI subscriber or random guy buying it off the newsstand has no idea who any of these models are.

i think bar or irina would move the most copies. ...besides bar is clearly the hottest. Her body is insane and she has the face of a 16 year old....i love it.

"You know, it actually is fitting that this is a Sports Illustrated issue. Replace "Tori" and "Bar" with say, Colts and Patriots, and it's just like a sports debate."...i dont even know what thats supposed to mean. Is that like some type of sports reference? lol

julie Henderson's face :ninja:

^ Well said, and really, the girl who gets the cover should simply be the girl who takes the best photo! The girl who takes the shot that will make the cover amazing, regardless of who she is.

Also, your avatar is gorgeous! :heart:

Replace Colts and Patriots with Arsenal and Man Utd. Or Nadal and Federer. It's all the same. Fans have their allegiances to teams or people that they have no genuine personal connection to, but attach their ego to them regardless. I do it, everyone does it. My point was it's the same for people at Bellazon with their favorite models as it is for Sports Illustrated readers and their favorite teams. Discussing Bar Rafaeli and Leo DiCaprio's relationship or the relative prestige of various models is no different from talking about whether or not Alex Rodriguez used steroids and which team is better. The attachment is almost entirely one-way (unless you're friends with the model or players on a sports team) and not entirely rational - which is why these kinds of arguments are fun, because there can be no real "winner."

In sports, the contest has to be decided on the field. And whoever gets the cover of SISE will get the cover without having anything to do with a single word said on this board or FMT or anywhere else.