Bellazon

Everything About Her

lisa-1

my vote: 7

Diane beauty: 7,8

BRIGITTE BARDOT AS CINEMA LEGEND

And God Created Woman (Et Dieu… créa la femme) (1956) is a French drama film directed by Roger Vadim and starring Brigitte Bardot. This movie created her as a "sex kitten" in the world.When the film was released in the United States by distributor Kingsley-International Pictures in 1957, it pushed the boundaries of the representation of sexuality in American cinema, making Bardot an overnight sensation. It was condemned by the Catholic League of Decency. To this day, the scene of Bardot dancing barefoot on a table is considered by some to be one of the most erotic scenes in the history of cinema. The Vatican forbade the movie and condemned all people who came to see it. In USA the movie is fobidden in some cinema. In Spain and Russia the movie is completly forbidden. In Universal Exhibition in Brussels in 1958, bardot is represented by the Vatican as the seven deadly sins.

reporters109159.jpg

Video on the BB legend in english

Although the European film industry was then in its ascendancy, Bardot was one of the few European actresses to receive mass media attention in the United States.She and Marilyn Monroe were perhaps the foremost examples of female sexuality in films of the 1950s and 1960s, and whenever she made public appearances in the United States the media hordes covered her every move.

(Brigitte in Los Angeles with Paul Newman)

u1498678.jpg

In 1970 the sculptor Alain Gourdon used Bardot as the model for a bust of Marianne, the French national emblem

ga54294307.jpg

In addition to popularizing the bikini swimming suit, Bardot has also been credited with popularizing the city of St. Tropez and the town of Buzios, Brazil, which she visited in 1964 with her boyfriend at the time, Brazilian musician Bob Zagury. A statue by Christina Motta honours Brigitte Bardot in Buzios, Brazil.

398pxbbbuzios.jpg

Bardot was idolized by young John Lennon and Paul McCartney. They made plans to shoot a film featuring The Beatles and Bardot, similar to A Hard Day's Night, but the plans were never fulfilled. Lennon's first wife Cynthia Powell lightened her hair color to more closely resemble Bardot, while George Harrison made comparisons between Bardot and his first wife Pattie Boyd, as Cynthia wrote later in A Twist of Lennon.

Cynthia and John

sanstitrecbc.png

According to the liner notes of his first album, musician Bob Dylan dedicated the first song he ever wrote to Bardot. He also mentioned her by name in "I Shall Be Free", which appeared on his second album, The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan. And wrote her many letters.

In 1966, Harry Belafonte recorded "Zombie Jamboree" which has an entire verse dedicated to Brigitte Bardot.

Bardot has also been referenced in many other songs, including "I Shall Be Free" (Bob Dylan), "Mouth-to-Mouth Resuscitation" (John Hartford), We Didn't Start the Fire" (Billy Joel), "Message of Love" (The Pretenders), "I Think I'm Going To Kill Myself" (Elton John), "Warlocks" (Red Hot Chili Peppers), "You Went The Wrong Way, Old King Louie" (Allan Sherman), "You're My Favourite Star" (The Bellamy Brothers), "It's Not Enough" (The Who), "Contempt" (Silkworm), "Big Wedge" (Fish), "Brigitte Bardot" (Tom Zé), "Alegria, Alegria" (Caetano Veloso), "Loaded" (ZZ Top), "Brigitte Bardot" (Creature), "Bardot" (Marden Hill), "Shir Nevu'i Cosmi Aliz" (Yoni Rechter & Eli Mohar), "Smiles Like Richard Nixon" (The Bad Examples),"The Naighty Little Flea ({Miriam Makeba}) "Bijou" (Stew), "Stratford-On-Guy" (Liz Phair), "Barbarella" (Paul Baribeau), "Brigitte Bardot T.N.T." (Pizzicato Five), and "Porta Portese" (Claudio Baglioni).

1700096246d5eb0d26a.jpg

Famous painters, painted BB like their muse..

Van dongen

53602a1ec947.jpg68895f.jpg

6861684.jpgsp4fa48c.jpg

Pablo Picasso

sanstitre133.jpg

Carzou

carzou.jpg

Warhol

warhold.jpg

In fashion the Bardot neckline (a wide open neck that exposes both shoulders) is named after her. Bardot popularized this style which is especially used for knitted sweaters or jumpers although it is also used for other tops and dresses.

Bardot is recognised for popularizing bikini swimwear in early films such as Manina (Woman without a Veil, 1952), in her appearances at Cannes and in many photo shoots.

reporters98266596.jpg

In 1956 young dancer Brigitte Bardot asked Rose to design street shoes as light and pleasant as dance footwear-but sexier. Rose did, and the French actress immortalized her Repetto scarlet "Cinderella" ballerina flats in the movie that made her famous, Roger Vadim's And God Created Woman.

photo8brigittebardot3.jpg

Bardot also brought into fashion the choucroute ("Sauerkraut") hairstyle (a sort of beehive hair style) and gingham clothes after wearing a checkered pink dress, designed by Jacques Esterel, at her wedding

9423120126871221085lo.jpg85539set0001230030f1229.jpg

Her fashion, style, her poses are copied for many years....

Brigitte:

22256205.jpg750659122977lo.jpg

68271bb0017xz122411lo.jpg7699844122468lo.jpgdscn1425v.jpg

fcd56e61ac50.jpg27344936.jpg

sp5e2860.jpg07513699fs1.jpg

the others:

2ccy13a.jpg43a703df01323ed7i3.jpg

11922701141191871394mon.jpgcouv1.jpg

p25010.jpg32135960.jpg

43333elle3303av09411232.jpg48318kylie301.jpg

95040laetitiacasta8vani.jpgcouv4.jpg

77560katemoss03122944lo.jpggisele10.jpg

guessad02t.jpgmarisa11.jpg

n373153646449653863352.jpgpn010383.jpg

Ads inspired by Brigitte

Chanel from the movie the "Contpempt" with dialogue with similiar

Guerlain used the music of Gainsbourg written for and on Brigitte saying she wears Guerlain perfume..

Dior used the song sung by brigitte

In video clip:

Kylie Minogue used the same music that "Bonnie and Clyde" sung by Bardot and Gainsbourg

"Sensitized" "Bonnie and Clyde"

same style

GIVE A MARK BETWEEN 0 TO 10 FOR BRIGITTE AS CINEMA LEGEND