Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

I saw the X-Mas Commercial a few seconds ago & ...

ADRIANA LOOKS AMAZING hahahaha. 70% of the commercial is about her hahaha ... But i hate to say that is not my favorite ... Why KK isn't there?! I wanted to see heeeeer!

& don't like the fact that all the girls are wearing the same outfit! ... For me, just Adriana, Heidi & Marisa look good w/the red outfit! ... Selita's hair is a mess :yuckky: i like but i hate her short hair

I missed Kk, Ale & Iza so bad :cry:

I for the themes ... Hate to see that they have the pink theme! :cry: ... Im so sad about that!

& the beach one, i would love to see Marisa opening! :drool: :heart: :heart: She's perfect for that ...

But in general, i think the show is going to be huuuuuuuuge & awesome! ... I can't to see it!

Dear Marisa lovers,

There is no need to get touchy. I specifically wrote she "seems to me..."

And by the way, I don't know of a time when interviewers of entertainment and media news would create a clip or write a piece where they say a VS angel is NOT nice. It's their job to suck up to get a good interview!

I have always thought Marisa has a killer figure and great hair, I just think VS has made MUCH better choices in angels in the past and present! : )

As for the comment Isabeli made about KK, I read it in KK's thread from someone who posted a Portugeuse article:

"courtesy of julicalg from KK's thread:

Quote:

The article below is in Portuguese, but basically says that she believes KK made a mistake doing the show. Isabeli called her unprofessional, and that people in the business will not trust you anymore; also says that she belives that walking on the catwalk looking like that is the beggining of the end..."

This is not the place to discuss this, but I just think it's horrible when people badmouth each other in the same business or for the sake of news. KK has been in the business for so long and has been one of the most booked and respected models, VS caught a real gem. She has beautifully evolved throughout all her VS shows and I've never been disappointed.

The stage looks incredible....Dec 3 seems like years away!!!!

Im very dissapointed that Karolina and Izabel were not in that commercial...They are contracted Angels and were not used in probably one of the biggest commercials of the year its unfair if anyone Selita shouldnt be in there what the hell was up with her hair...BTW was Emanuela in there too i like her but if anything KK or Iza should be there abover her and no Ale but thats ok she was preggo :D

I really like the concept for the stage its something different. I would love like a Miami night life glamour theme and i can def see Adriana wearing the fantasy bra. Marisa should def open the beach segment and i want to see her in wings :D

Sorry...it just bothers me. It's not like I came in here saying how ugly I think Marisa is, or how annoying Adriana is. How much I wish they'd both just disappear.

I simply stated that I don't like Marisa's walk....and refrained from mentioning Adri all together. Yet still people get all bent out of shape about it.

Everyone else is attacking Selita like crazy but the second someone mentions Marisa its an all out war. I think it's silly.

Yes I did just insult them both above, figured if someone is gonna hate me...gonna give them damn good reason for it! :p

I think opinion and trash talk shouldn't go together though. People take it to far. I don't trash talk models(except above) I usually say what I don't like about them in a nice as possible way. I don't like offending people. But so many people here take one 'not so perfect word' about their 'prefect' model as an insult to themselves, and retaliate by attacking the person who posted.

I think everyone needs to relax a bit (myself included) I only post in defense to that person being attacked.

We need to be discussing models, NOT attacking them with hate. I seriously don't like Adri(everyone knows) or Marisa but I don't outright attack them!

IE: "I don't like Marisa's walk, but her body is so hot that I can't look away"

*back to topic*

the only problem I have with the runway is that the models aren't walking into the audience, I like that about most catwalks. I like seeing the faces of the people as they walk back.

If you mean by which models will be at the show it isnt confirmed yet...We do know that obviously all contracted angels will be there so thats Adriana, Heidi, Alessandra, Izabel, Selita, Karolina, Miranda, Marisa and Doutzen...Other girls have not been confirmed yet. I read some article that said Caroline Trentini would be there to

ALE :guitar: :thumbsup: :hell yea!: :chicken: :woot: :hell yea!: :ddr: :clap:

Thanks)

Sorry...it just bothers me. It's not like I came in here saying how ugly I think Marisa is, or how annoying Adriana is. How much I wish they'd both just disappear.

I simply stated that I don't like Marisa's walk....and refrained from mentioning Adri all together. Yet still people get all bent out of shape about it.

Everyone else is attacking Selita like crazy but the second someone mentions Marisa its an all out war. I think it's silly.

Yes I did just insult them both above, figured if someone is gonna hate me...gonna give them damn good reason for it! :p

U Qontribute good stuff. be it a bashing or a cintia love post.. we want to see it.

I think opinion and trash talk shouldn't go together though. People take it to far. I don't trash talk models(except above) I usually say what I don't like about them in a nice as possible way. I don't like offending people. But so many people here take one 'not so perfect word' about their 'prefect' model as an insult to themselves, and retaliate by attacking the person who posted.

I think everyone needs to relax a bit (myself included) I only post in defense to that person being attacked.

We need to be discussing models, NOT attacking them with hate. I seriously don't like Adri(everyone knows) or Marisa but I don't outright attack them!

Quite right, Red. I've been away a couple of weeks and have been reading the posts since then: What's with this sly Rosie-bashing? It appears to have gone unnoticed in the wake of the constant hounding of Selita (comical as it is no doubt intended :ermm: ) and the incredible sensitivity surrounding any criticism of Marisa Miller. But Rosie? Ugly? REALLY? "Rosie is the ugliest girl to ever walk for VS"? (And myriad variations thereof)???

Let's be honest - NONE of these girls are ugly. If so, then outside the confines of the catwalk, we must live in a monstrous William Hogarth/Hieronymus Bosch wasteland of deformed creatures!

Whilst I agree that we should be able to voice our opinions on all the girls, regardless of their popularity (as I've said before just because you are in the majority it doesn't necessarily mean you are therefore right) it should at least be constructive. And simply saying Rosie Huntington Whiteley is "ugly" is certainly not constructive (or, in my opinion, even remotely correct!).

Much like other girls in last year's show, I thought Rosie's walk was a bit duff - though she wasn't the worst offender. I'll stand by it in 2006 though: When she strutted onto the runway in that gate/key ensemble I was instantly smitten... :heart:

Personally, like Ophelia, I do not find Marisa Miller, or Adriana Lima (two massively popular models within and without these hallowed walls) that attractive - but only in comparison with others such as Rosie. Blimey, I'm not going to say they are ugly! I find Adriana increasingly infantile with each passing year - and, personally, it does lessen her attractiveness (but she still can look smouldering in photos); whilst Marisa is, perhaps, the perfect embodiment of that 'California Beach Babe' look. It just happens to be a look that doesn't directly appeal to me.

Am I wrong?

But, come on, when this show finally happens whoever is there is not going to be ugly: They may not look their best, you might feel they are there in place of your favourite, they might seem to have an inflated position that seems unwarranted in comparison to someone else - but they 'aint going to be ugly. Selita is a constant 'whipping boy' on this forum - but, honestly, this is a pretty lady. People call Elise Crombez "mannish", or say that Erin Wasson is "skeletal" - but if you saw them on the street I'm sure you would be bowled over by their actual beauty.

When Rosie finally sorts herself out and marries me all shall be well with the world but, until then, I'm hardly going to turn any of them down now am I?

Quite right, Red. I've been away a couple of weeks and have been reading the posts since then: What's with this sly Rosie-bashing? It appears to have gone unnoticed in the wake of the constant hounding of Selita (comical as it is no doubt intended :ermm: ) and the incredible sensitivity surrounding any criticism of Marisa Miller. But Rosie? Ugly? REALLY? "Rosie is the ugliest girl to ever walk for VS"? (And myriad variations thereof)???

Let's be honest - NONE of these girls are ugly. If so, then outside the confines of the catwalk, we must live in a monstrous William Hogarth/Hieronymus Bosch wasteland of deformed creatures!

Whilst I agree that we should be able to voice our opinions on all the girls, regardless of their popularity (as I've said before just because you are in the majority it doesn't necessarily mean you are therefore right) it should at least be constructive. And simply saying Rosie Huntington Whiteley is "ugly" is certainly not constructive (or, in my opinion, even remotely correct!).

Much like other girls in last year's show, I thought Rosie's walk was a bit duff - though she wasn't the worst offender. I'll stand by it in 2006 though: When she strutted onto the runway in that gate/key ensemble I was instantly smitten... :heart:

Personally, like Ophelia, I do not find Marisa Miller, or Adriana Lima (two massively popular models within and without these hallowed walls) that attractive - but only in comparison with others such as Rosie. Blimey, I'm not going to say they are ugly! I find Adriana increasingly infantile with each passing year - and, personally, it does lessen her attractiveness (but she still can look smouldering in photos); whilst Marisa is, perhaps, the perfect embodiment of that 'California Beach Babe' look. It just happens to be a look that doesn't directly appeal to me.

Am I wrong?

But, come on, when this show finally happens whoever is there is not going to be ugly: They may not look their best, you might feel they are there in place of your favourite, they might seem to have an inflated position that seems unwarranted in comparison to someone else - but they 'aint going to be ugly. Selita is a constant 'whipping boy' on this forum - but, honestly, this is a pretty lady. People call Elise Crombez "mannish", or say that Erin Wasson is "skeletal" - but if you saw them on the street I'm sure you would be bowled over by their actual beauty.

When Rosie finally sorts herself out and marries me all shall be well with the world but, until then, I'm hardly going to turn any of them down now am I?

What a post (Y) . Minus pics, its got all you could want in a post, drama, pacing, it flows. Great job :) .