Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

Interesting idea JoeKnight...can you imagine if VS people actually read this thread to see what the audience/consumer reaction is?!

They may even hire you on as design/show consultant........ :whistle:

I REALLY hope that the glam theme is more classical in nature than Miami Vice in nature if you know what I mean. Taking a look at the stage concepts again, I hope they steer away from trying "too hard" for something new/modern and stick with what glamorous means in a womanly sense.

(Confusing sorry!)

Quick sidenote, but I always thought that maybe with a little bit more weight on her and some subtle highlights, Tiiu Kuik would be a stunning addition to VS. She is so angelic looking in my opinion as she is really really tall from what I've read, has the most immaculate, glowy skin and has a really European/classical look to her. I think she would be great if they ever decided to go back to the white/innocent looking lingerie in older VS shows. Perhaps a little too HF for VS, but they do have Hana, Eugenia and the like who have walked for them. Just a thought!

Just a few pics from models.com:

post-22385-1224808539_thumb.jpg post-22385-1224808554_thumb.jpg post-22385-1224808562_thumb.jpg

In terms of the VICTORIA'S SECRET FASHION SHOW, seeing your sketch, joe, really helped me to imagine how the girls could potentially walk across that STAGE. (*because it IS a stage, not a runway -- at least from the front*) and i think that could look really awesome. an interesting and potentially refreshing change.

Edited by happycanadian2

I just hope the show doesn't appear as a Miss World contest. You know, models walking to the side, like crabs. That just wouldn't be a great show. And it'll look awkward if the walk all the way to one side and then the other. And if they walk straight, then they will walk three steps...

So confusing! But I'm sure VS has a plan. I'm so excited to see Behati, I read somewhere that she was confirmed. Along with the Angels and Caroline Trentini... But who knows... :wub:

Also, my favorite Karolina Kurkova moment was definitely in the 2005 show, in her first outfit, the yellow one. Wow! I think she stole that segment... Raquel also looked great in that segment.

Usher will be in the middle of touring, so it really has nothing to do with other artists being on tour. And his last album didn't tank. It just didn't do as well as Confessions which, I mean, would be impossible to do anyway but his last album went platinum still, so if that's what you call "tanking" then there is seriously something wrong. I think he's a great choice. With Adriana having the Fantasy Bra and him performing this year, I am already content.

I just hope the show doesn't appear as a Miss World contest. You know, models walking to the side, like crabs. That just wouldn't be a great show. And it'll look awkward if the walk all the way to one side and then the other. And if they walk straight, then they will walk three steps...

So confusing! But I'm sure VS has a plan. I'm so excited to see Behati, I read somewhere that she was confirmed. Along with the Angels and Caroline Trentini... But who knows... :wub:

Also, my favorite Karolina Kurkova moment was definitely in the 2005 show, in her first outfit, the yellow one. Wow! I think she stole that segment... Raquel also looked great in that segment.

:rofl::nicole::rofl::nicole::rofl:

I was listening to his CD the other night and I think I got an awesome idea of how it's gonna work. Remember is 05, Seal started with Love's Divine (his more recent song at the time) but then quickly mixed it into Crazy( possible his most famous song). Well, maybe that's what Usher will do. Start with Love in this Club and then mix it into Yeah.

I was listening to his CD the other night and I think I got an awesome idea of how it's gonna work. Remember is 05, Seal started with Love's Divine (his more recent song at the time) but then quickly mixed it into Crazy( possible his most famous song). Well, maybe that's what Usher will do. Start with Love in this Club and then mix it into Yeah.

That would be a great idea, but I always like these two songs also:

What's Your Name feat. Will.I.Am: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgnruuTVmBk

Bad Girl (even though it's from his last album): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkkKcr5FW_U

And I mentioned this on AFL, but if you look closely at the concept art they have like a mini Usher in two of them from what I can see on the runway. In the beach segment and in another one, I think the one with the stars. But maybe that's just the concept art. As a fan, I know those pictures from photoshoots of his... or am I going crazy? Maybe those are the segments in which he's performing.

post-3972-1224864280_thumb.pngpost-3972-1224864256_thumb.jpg

Kiss From A Rose is his most famous song, ever.

LOL.

I hope Usher sings something from 8701. :heart:

OMG, you're right. HAHAHA. I wonder if that was deliberate.

And those are good song choices as well. But, if he's doing the "What's your name" song with the girls walking, I think he should leave out the phrase "Hey bitch". That really shouldn't be used in reference with the girls.

OMG, you're right. HAHAHA. I wonder if that was deliberate.

And those are good song choices as well. But, if he's doing the "What's your name" song with the girls walking, I think he should leave out the phrase "Hey bitch". That really shouldn't be used in reference with the girls.

LMAO I never even realized that before!

It's more like "Biditch" now that I listen to it, but it's still just as bad.