Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

By Princess

Yes, we expect 24/7 for you to be searching for new Leo news & pix for us ! :p :p

Thanks for set pix. It must have been taken when he first arrived back in Sydney as he still has his trademark stubble.

Whereas , we know Jay Gatsby is a clean shaven man :)

Kat and Fash

Yes, I'm sure Warners is hoping that Leo's performance will receive the deserved attention it should from awards groups , as they hope in doing so it may motivate more to see the film.

As I know this weekend the highly praised "The Descendants" opened , and with each passing weekend more dramas will open draining off the adult audience to other films.

Pami

I'm glad the new picture of Leo's shoulders/biceps brought a smile to you this morning :wave:

Jay is a walk in the park for Leo

DON'T they look dashing? After filming in Rozelle and Manly, The Great Gatsby action has moved to Sydney's Centennial Park.

The movie's three leads, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire and Carey Mulligan, dressed in dapper period costumes, shot scenes in the park on Friday.

And we have to say DiCaprio, fresh from his trip to the US to promote new flick

J. Edgar, looked more handsome than we've seen him since production started on The Great Gatsby in September.

Dressed in a cream suit with brogues and a cane, the 37-year-old sauntered ahead of his co-stars along a flower-lined pathway, immersed in his character, Jay Gatsby.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/jay-is-...z-1226200224033

Hey Girls :wave:

I swear, I slept only for a minute, and I feel like I already missed everything. :magic:

So... no rest in the weekend for Leo :(

One thing... please tell me that Leo never dated Keibler! she looks so "Wannabe famous". There is another word but I wouldn't say it :unsure:

Here is Leo robbing a bank :laugh:

post-42953-0-1446081412-93756_thumb.jpg

Actually, is a pic of leo on the set of The Great Gatsby 14/11/11 I guess in Manly :trout:

Leo looks damn good in this pic. He should wear hats like this more often. He looks cute! :heart: Thanks Princess :hug:

By Princess

Yes, we expect 24/7 for you to be searching for new Leo news & pix for us !

Boss! I promise, won't happen again (sleeping on the job). :laugh:

about the pic... you say when he arrived in Sydney in September? or when he returned this week? The location is similar to the University of manly I remember an article they began on Monday night.

sure he wanted to go incognito (for the college girls) :whistle:

and also the pic appears to have been taken from the balcony of shame (no wait, that is how we call the balcony of the Vaucluse's house), from the university balcony where the girls filmed the video :laugh:

ByPrincess

Yes, sleep is not important when there is new Leo news or pix to find :p :p

As to pix , I meant when he returned to Sydney this past Monday 11/14.

As he had his stubble when he was in L.A, but had to clean shaven once he started filming Monday as per the mansion/party pix we saw.

I don't like to complain but I must say: God! this job is killing me! not only my supervisor is very bossy, but I'm not very well paid, monetarily speaking! :laugh:

I was checking the page Mobli of Lukas (let us call it my usual stalking :p ) and we can note that the kids are having fun in sydney

as it seems They were in a boat ride and in the video we can see that Tobey was there with them. No signs Leo, at least to my eyes :D

http://www.mobli.com/lukashaas/1042301/sydney-harbor-by-boat

Oxford OoOo The Descendants is opening this weekend? Well just hope the movie doesn't do well Box Office wise... it can't be a critically praised movie, with a critically praised performance in Clooney AND be a BO success. I will not allow that :evil: :p

Princess Thanks for the pic from NOV 14 :)

Sick NP :flower:

hahaha Barbie and Fash ... you and your good thoughts! :laugh:

Girls! learn from me. In my case I am less cruel. Let say ... George I give you a box office for an oscar buttkick.gif

Wow Thanks LOLA... obviously Leo could not miss that trip. What I was thinking?

What the hell??????????????????????????????

Did you saw it? did you? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

lukass.png

Leonardo DiCaprio,a star without fear

Actor has a peculiar way of choosing roles: they are often harassed, unpleasant and striking, prepared with the help of a small roster of directors of the first line, among which stands out Martin Scorsese

What helps DiCaprio to take such strong characters as J. Edgar is that he preserves his privacy. People are more likely to accept an influential personality if they have a very clear idea of ​​who is the actor who plays off the big screen

To become a J. Aged Edgar Hoover, Leonardo DiCaprio spent hours in the care of the featured makeup with freckles, yellow teeth and prominent love handles. He spends a good chunk of the film J. Edgar, the new film from Clint Eastwood, so - sarcastic and sweaty under the lights of relentless FBI headquarters. The role also took him to memorize monologues, which needed to be verbalized in dizzying pace characteristic of Hoover himself. In addition, DiCaprio, supermodel girlfriend usually in real life, had to fight aggressively with a man and then kiss him.

Oh, and wear a dress.

Faced with such a role, most Hollywood stars, even those who live eager to draw the attention of the voting members of the Oscars, have fled the border. Get ugly and anti-heroic? It would be too great a risk, even with Eastwood at the helm. But DiCaprio - at least the post-Titanic DiCaprio - has a career based on high-risk choices. And somehow, this option has paid off not only the awards circuit - he was nominated for an Oscar three times - but also box office.

"I accept a paper when I can not define the character immediately when it has an element of mystery to be explored," said DiCaprio, 36, in an interview recently in the courtyard of the Hotel Bel-Air in Los Angeles. "I like these complicated characters. I just like."

Answers so please do not typically Hollywood. The star system may have become more subtle than it was in the days of Clark Gable and Jimmy Stewart, but it was still a system: an American actor still has to be a "person" stable, changing little. "It's a system that likes to label players," said Brian Grazer, producer J. Edgar, who debuted in U.S. theaters in the last 11 days and go on display in Brazil on January 27. "Once the players are successful in certain roles, transform it into formula and take it to the next film, which will do exactly the same thing. To resist this, you have to make very difficult choices. Most people are afraid" , Grazer said.

The likely benefits DiCaprio is the fact that the actor was able to create a mystique about her personal life in this age of celebrity bloggers and twitterers. He strives to preserve their privacy. When interviewed, for example, do not try to force a friendship with journalists, unlike a lot of movie stars. Besides him to enjoy your privacy, it makes his performances more successful. People are more likely to accept an influential personality if they have a very clear idea of ​​who is the actor who plays off the big screen.

DiCaprio's choices may be unusual, but it has its own style to opt for what they think will work. His characters are often tormented faces, unpleasant and striking, prepared with the help of a small roster of directors of the first line, among which stands out Martin Scorsese. In The Aviator, he embodied Howard Hughes, who collected their own urine. In Blood Diamond, was a smuggler from Zimbabwe. After he played a mental patient in Shutter Island and a thief of dreams in the Origin.

"The Leonardo could make lots of money invested into a formula, but prefers to face challenges," Eastwood said by telephone. "And playing someone who has nothing to do with you is a big challenge."

The actor's next venture will star in the new version, made by Baz Luhrmann, The Great Gatsby. And he's ready to play Frank Sinatra in Scorsese's biopic of another. "It is in the hands of the director," the actor said about the possible movie Sinatra, stopping to grab a slice of watermelon and pour herself a cup of coffee. "I'm always very open to get involved in whatever he decides."

J. Edgar fits perfectly in this canon. The best biopic offers a portrait of the person, with all its defects, and invite viewers to have an own opinion about it. That's exactly what Eastwood's film strives to do. Hoover is portrayed as a brilliant patriot who invented the modern forensic investigation and no one could take the power over all the years - eight chairs and three wars - in which he was charged with protecting the United States. But the omnipotent director of the FBI prevented - to say the least - the advancement of the civil rights movement, and has worked hard to collect, archive and distort the truth in order to secure his position of power.

All this is more or less true. The treacherous character of J. Edgar, written by Dustin Lance Black, who won for her screenplay for Milk - The Voice of Equality, involves other aspects. Hoover was gay? Nobody knows for sure. He certainly had a very close relationship with Clyde Tolson, his colleague at the FBI, played in the film by Armi Hammer (of The Social Network). It is even less clear whether Hoover liked to wear women's clothing, but Eastwood and DiCaprio decided to keep the air of mystery script for Black. "Obviously there is a love story in the film, whether it's a gay love story or any other kind," said Eastwood. "It is open to the public to interpret. My intention was to show two men who really love each other. Moreover, there is more of my business."

The option to take risks by DiCaprio is appreciated by the party that worships Hollywood films seriously, giving it a status of divinity by his taste for a kind of drama that is endangered in the major studios today. But for the part of Hollywood focused on business - agents, studio heads - make as many biopic is a mistake. The concern is that DiCaprio at some point, become uninteresting to the public, if not the spice career with a greater variety of roles.

Jeanine Basinger, head of film at Wesleyan University, calls this "the problem Paul Muni." Muni was perhaps the main actor at Warner Brothers in the 1930s, when he starred in movies with powerful characters, such as Scarface - The Shame of a Nation. He also had a penchant for biographical roles and won an Oscar for The Story of Louis Pasteur (1936). But he was obsessed with historic roles and his career was hampered.

Behold, then, the anti-Leonardo DiCaprio has just labels labeled by people from industry. If he is with that, he admits. "Never. No. Do not worry" responds quickly. The truth is that Jeanine Basinger recalls with some apprehension the case of Paul Muni, but do not worry so much about the fate of DiCaprio. For her, the actor has a great natural talent, and a diversified curriculum - with work in the television series Growing Pains, in the 1980s, through Gilbert Grape - Apprentice of a Dreamer and Titanic, until The Departed - which is a good omen of his future endeavors. "His presence is always very strong, yet it can really make us believe it's someone else," said Basinger. "It's an impressive talent."

The indications that DiCaprio had been to the Oscars for roles in Gilbert Grape - Apprentice of a Dreamer, in which he served for 19 years, The Aviator and Blood Diamond. Experts at the awards veterans (who have not worked on anything related to J. Edgar) believe that the actor should get another nomination this year, with George Clooney for his role in The Descendants of Alexander Payne (Clooney plays a man who tries to reconnect with his two daughters after his wife into a coma).

J. Edgar will be a success? It is also unclear. However, DiCaprio is provided by 3-D version of Titanic, which will surface in April. If a 3-D version of The Lion King managed to raise almost $ 100 million for Disney in October, Titanic should be easy to topple a huge box office. DiCaprio said he did not think much about it and that is at peace with the fact that it is continuously associated with the image of Jack Dawson. "I'm not haunted by that image, but it certainly haunts me," he said. "When I was in the Amazon, people had no clothes - and I'm not exaggerating - they knew the film. It's something that I accepted."

http://veja.abril.com.br/noticia/celebrida...-medo-de-riscos

Haha you mean the bracelet Princess? Oxford mentioned Lukas wearing that bracelet back when those Bondi pics were taken. Then she noted that Leo wasn't wearing his.... so like she said who knows if its the same bracelet or if leo has his own.. but strange that Leo would stop wearing his all of a sudden and then we see Lukas wearing it. :blink: Kinda makes me feel its the same bracelet lol....

Pami Thanks for the article ! :hug:

Haha you mean the bracelet Princess? Oxford mentioned Lukas wearing that bracelet back when those Bondi pics were taken. Then she noted that Leo wasn't wearing his.... so like she said who knows if its the same bracelet or if leo has his own.. but strange that Leo would stop wearing his all of a sudden and then we see Lukas wearing it. :blink: Kinda makes me feel its the same bracelet lol....

What? But what the hell is that means? Some sort of weird brotherhood of the bracelet? OMFG?

I thought I had seen it all... but This goes beyond the words