Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Love Huffington Post's comment about the new Gatsby pix ;especially the ending comments.

When Leonardo DiCaprio cleaned up, went from rags to riches and slipped into in the finest of suits aboard the Titanic, it was a revelation: the young man looked good in early 20th century threads. Fourteen years later, he's proving that he's still got it.

In perhaps the clearest shots yet from the set of the 3D adaptation of "The Great Gatsby," DiCaprio is dressed to the nines in a white suit, walking with a fancy cane that only aristocrats could pull off. Luckily, he's just that: DiCaprio plays the title role, while Tobey Maguire (as Nick) and Carey Mulligan (as Daisy) follow along, probably in awe.

Lola, By Princess, Fash

Thanks to all of you for these to die for new Gatsby pix !!!! :)

When I saw them I must say I was tempted to go rob a bank and head out on the next flight to Sydney . :woot::woot:

Pami

I know sweet Pami would share , the only problem is that I would have aged from 27 to 77 by the time it was my turn ! :p

Barbie

Great choice of avatar; love it :)

Thanks for translation of Brazilian eco article

By Princess

As always whenever I return I find tons of Leo goodies from you, thanks for all of your efforts on behalf of Leo fans :)

Needless to say, the Gatsby fan video is adorable.

Wijn

Thanks for all the articles ; I like your new avatar/siggi set :)

Kat

Thanks for Titanic 3d trailer :)

Sic

The Leo gif is hilarious, thanks :)

Also , thanks , for Marvin Room's pix; is one my favorite films .

Fash

Love your avatar , Hank is one of my favorite Leo performances. How wonderful it would be if both he and Mery won Oscars this year , a mother and son reunion :p

When I saw them I must say I was tempted to go rob a bank and head out on the next flight to Sydney

Oxford I assume that you will buy "severals" plane tickets to Sydney... one way , right? :whistle:

Princess, I think he looks that way because they are acting in the scene, right? I mean, the pictures are being taken while a scene is being shot, right? And Gatsby isn't like the most happy type of guy from what I remember about the book.

Ah ok! ! did not know that.

:cain: to be honest I don't know anything about the book or the characters, in fact I had never been interested in Gatsby until Now :D

Thanks for the explanation! :wave: Luckily one of us did read the book :laugh:

Love the tweet reaction about new Gatsby pix from a girl who fell in love with Leo when she was ten and is now journalism graduate

achaelmammenRachael Mamme

10 year old Rachael and literary Rachael met, and decided this is beyond awesome. Leo as Jay Gatsby, #swoon.

1 minute ago

ByPrincess

Hell, if I'm robbing a bank I well as buy the whole plane like the guy in Inception did , and it's all aboard for all of us :) :)

Fash

As to new pix /reaction I just know if anyone states Leo doesn't look like a million in those Gatsby pix they need to have their eyesight checked immediately :p :p

Personally, I don't remember loving the book. :laugh: But I think it will come across on screen a lot better. AND LEO WEARING ALL THOSE SUITS. YES, PLEASE. :sex:

Haha you can't ask for anything more than that :heart:

I like the book it has a lot of great messages within it. Though the only reason I read it in the first place was for school. :p

Here's a pic of Gemma on set.. she looks amazing as well!!

post-40197-0-1446081404-0478_thumb.jpg

^I think they definetly will. Clint released his trailer alot later than most directors, and with a movie this epic and anticipated, Gatsby will surely at least have a teaser trailer sooner ;) Or at least I hope :D

From E!Online about Gatby pics :wub:

Well isn't this a jaunty little excursion we've stumbled upon.

Rockin' some seriously dapper duds, Leonardo DiCaprio (just look at that swagger), Carey Mulligan and Tobey Maguire take a stroll on the set of director Baz Luhrmann's adaptation of The Great Gatsby in Sydney.

PHOTOS: Movies From the Future!

Leo definitely looks like he's enjoying the role of rich 1920s Long Islander Jay Gatsby—it isn't every movie where your wardrobe comes with a sweet cane—and a source tells us every bit of costuming, even for the extras, is being custom made.

And Mulligan looks equally tickled to spend her time in some classic flapper ensembles as the effervescent Daisy Buchanan. The only one we aren't getting a clear look at is Maguire. What we can see looks pretty drab, but as Nick Carraway, Gatsby's neighbor and a quiet guy from the Midwest who's new to all this opulence, that's right up his character's alley.

We're sure we'll get another look soon though, as Gatsby isn't set to hit theaters until Christmas of 2012.

http://www.eonline.com/news/leonardo_dicap...3#ixzz1e68kjrvV

Bari & Fash

Personally, I loved "The Great Gatsby" ; its themes are timeless .

Leo as Romeo , Leo as Jack , Leo as Gatsby; Leo will have brought to life '3' iconic tragic romantic figures

I better start now stocking my kleenix boxes :p :p

Kat

Thanks for E's take on our Greaty Gatsy ; he's great looking for sure ! ;)

^Oh geesh me too! :cry: I cry during anything! The first time I saw Titanic, I was holding back tears the whole time, and I started to bawl when the old couple were laying in bed together as the water was coming in :cry: From then on, I didn't stop crying! :laugh:

Fash: Like your valentina siggi!

Thanks girls :hug:.

Wow, Leo is gorgeous wearing a white suit :drool:. Carey is so pretty and Tobey seems so happy.

We're less than 1 month for the announcement of nominees for the Golden Globe. The awards season will start and I'm so excited about it. I cannot wait.

I just need to point out something here...

I'm sick of hearing this...Leo loves his private jet!! Jesus!! What about the other things? What about his causes,his donations,his charities?How many Hollywood stars do not enjoy the same? Why crucify Leo?Because he's powerful and and his fame is worldwide?Because he's donated 1 milion to the victims in Haiti? Because he's the world's most famous environmentalist?I really cant understand girls...ok,I'm not saying it's totally right,but nobody can be perfect all the time,Leo is not Jesus and we must remember that he is very famous and sometimes it's better to have some privacy in his life. This Brazilian campaign that he will embrace shows his courage to continue fighting for a cause,but nobody paises it....why?Here in Brazil we know how much his presence will be important in this campaign,and I'm sure Leo knows a lot about our our vast natural resources and that what matters for me....the good things he does,some people should focus on it. :(

I just need to point out something here...

I'm sick of hearing this...Leo loves his private jet!! Jesus!! What about the other things? What about his causes,his donations,his charities?How many Hollywood stars do not enjoy the same? Why crucify Leo?Because he's powerful and and his fame is worldwide?Because he's donated 1 milion to the victims in Haiti? Because he's the world's most famous environmentalist?I really cant understand girls...ok,I'm not saying it's totally right,but nobody can be perfect all the time,Leo is not Jesus and we must remember that he is very famous and sometimes it's better to have some privacy in his life. This Brazilian campaign that he will embrace shows his courage to continue fighting for a cause,but nobody paises it....why?Here in Brazil we know how much his presence will be important in this campaign,and I'm sure Leo knows a lot about our our vast natural resources and that what matters for me....the good things he does,some people should focus on it. :(

I think its because the press always likes to focus on the negatives and juicy stories rather than leo doing something good. Because stories of leo donating to charity or something like that is not gonna sell stories. But a made up story about leo getting his coffee too hot and acting like a brat will. Its all about what sells :/