Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

It's been 23 years for me as a fan...

First movie I ever saw from Leo:

1b59be783cf68d81e1f00ee1a14ae418cbef60fd

Source

Last movie I saw (so far) from Leo:

d8d8ad00b8453fd44f7f9f730e72a0ad4a134a11

Source

And it's been 46 years for Leo today so  H a p p y  B i r t h d a y  to the one and only Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio and for sure one of my favorite person in this world. Can't put in words how much I admire this man :heart:

31 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

It's been 23 years for me as a fan...

First movie I ever saw from Leo:

1b59be783cf68d81e1f00ee1a14ae418cbef60fd

Source

Last movie I saw (so far) from Leo:

d8d8ad00b8453fd44f7f9f730e72a0ad4a134a11

Source

The same as me 👋🏻😉

Happy Birthday to the most amazing,talented,kind,sweet not to mention sexy human being on the face of the planet...my idol...my hero...my all time favorite actor,Mr.Leonardo Dicaprio❤❤❤❤😘😘😘😘😘😘😘🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🍾🥂

Giorgio Armani on Leonardo DiCaprio’s timeless style

Martin Scorsese’s favourite actor and the undisputed king of Hollywood celebrates his birthday today and his longtime Italian clothier, Giorgio Armani, has something to say about it.

Leonardo Wilhelm (yup) DiCaprio is the undisputed king of Hollywood. With more than 60 movies under his belt, including five with Martin Scorsese, Titanic (the one which arguably made his name on the global stage) and, of course, The Revenant (for which he finally won the Best Actor Oscar at the 88th Academy Awards in 2016), DiCaprio, who is also a climate change activist and one of the highest paid actors in the world, has achieved much in his 46 years. 

What’s more, today is his birthday, which is why we thought this would be a good moment to ask the man who has dressed DiCaprio for red-carpet appearances since the early 1990s to explain just why the Los Angeles native is as much an icon of style as he is one of screen. 

Giorgio Armani has made his name dressing the world’s most famous men in beautifully simple suits which speak of both masculinity and elegance, whispering style rather than screaming it, all the while exuding a sotto voce confidence without making an overblown statement. A sartorial embodiment, in short, of DiCaprio’s own approach to his life and work.

“I have seen Leonardo grow, as a man and as an actor,” Giorgio Armani told GQ exclusively on the day of DiCaprio’s birthday. “I know him and I have long appreciated his great qualities and over the years we have built a mutual relationship of great esteem.

“Working together is always an experience that enriches me, from a professional and human point of view,” Armani continued. “He is an extremely talented actor, capable of playing very different roles with a surprising intensity. I think Leo is one of the most talented actors of his generation.”

On the subject of the kind of clothes Armani most likes to dress DiCaprio in, he is characteristically effusive. “I have dressed him on many occasions, on the red carpet but also on set. I like the relaxed and natural way in which he wears my clothes, his nonchalant style: he has a spontaneous and masculine allure, on set or off, whether he is wearing formalwear or a T-shirt with jeans,” Armani explained. “He is a perfect example of an inconspicuous elegance that can always be appreciated, everywhere.”

Here, as selected by Armani himself, are the most important times DiCaprio has worn his eponymous brand. 

1. The 88th Academy Awards, 2016

Keeping it classic for his first ever Academy Award win, following some six prior nominations, DiCaprio looked every bit Hollywood royalty in his simple black wool tux, finished with flattering peak lapel (which adds width to the shoulders, not that he needs it).

2. The Armani Privé show, 2007

A rare outing in velvet and Mr Armani’s favoured ton-sur-ton-with-pleated-trousers vibe. In fact, with that fresh face and excellently coiffured crop of hair, Leo looks a bit like an Armani model himself.  

3. The Wolf Of Wall Street, 2013

Giorgio Armani was famously involved in providing Leonardo DiCaprio with his capacious Wall Street-style grey and greige suits for his role in Martin Scorsese’s financial caper, The Wolf Of Wall Street

4. The Cannes Film Festival, 2002

Stern in high-lustre navy at the Cannes Film Festival in 2002, the only one outdoing DiCaprio in the tonal style stakes is Mr Armani himself, which we guess shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise. Scorsese’s looking pretty slick too.

5. The Baftas, 2016

We were very taken with this cadet-blue take on a classic tux which DiCaprio wore for the 2016 Baftas then and we’re still taken with it now. An incredibly chic moment of proof that you don’t need to wear black to be taken seriously on the red carpet. 

6. Mr Armani and DiCaprio in the Armani Teatro before a show

A fresh-faced Leonardo DiCaprio accompanied by a fresh-faced Mr Armani in the cinematic surrounds of the Armani Teatro in Milan. Leo looked every bit the young Hollywood bad boy in oversized pin stripes and a carefree open-neck shirt. Bellissimo

source

LEOARMANI_Leonardo-DiCaprio-wearing-GiorLEOARMANI_Leonardo-DiCaprio-wearing-GiorLEOARMANI_Leonardo-DiCaprio-wearing-GiorLEOARMANI_Giorgio-Armani%252C-Leonardo-DLEOARMANI_Leonardo-DiCaprio-wearing-GiorLEOARMANI_Giorgio-Armani-and-Leonardo-Di

Celebrate Leonardo DiCaprio's Birthday with The Best of the Internet's Leo Memes

Slick your hair back, hit that vape, and point at the TV screen when they say the name of the movie.

Today, Leonardo DiCaprio turns 46, or in simplified math, two Leonardo DiCaprio girlfriends. The prolific actor spent his birthday week hanging out in Malibu, shirtless on the beach with his friend Emile Hirsch—a timeless November activity. Naturally, when DiCaprio was spotted in the wild with family and friends, media outlets flocked to the story because a sporadic DiCaprio sighting is rare. An actor’s actor, DiCaprio leads a private life that has always piqued the interest of the paparazzi. Similarly, it’s also caught the attention of the internet as a whole, because no one—on screen or in public—has lent themselves to being as meme-able as DiCaprio.

It’s a funny coincidence because DiCaprio seems like a thoughtful, serious guy when it comes to his activism and intense movie roles, but in the same breath, how specifically relatable is that image of DiCaprio, discreetly puffing on a bulky vape at Coachella? Or that other image of DiCaprio swallowing himself inside a puffer jacket because he doesn’t want to talk to you? And don’t get us started on the freedom personified in that water gun shot taken a few years ago. What a blessing to be wild and free like that.

He represents idealism as well: an encapsulation of what we’ll never be. Whether he’s raising a glass as Jay Gatsby on New Year’s Day, losing his shit on an executive in The Wolf of Wall Street or just breathing in the rare air that graces the exterior of a tinted window black SUV, DiCaprio represents the perfect balance of relatability and ambition.

So for DiCaprio’s birthday, let us celebrate him in meme form. Slick that hair back, sneak a vape hit, and paint this damn day like one of your French girls.

Snobby Django Unchained Leo

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

It's so niche and yet so universal. I mean, look at this reach. Look at the range.

The "Who, ME?" and Abject Despair

Jay Gatsby

The king of memes, Jay Gatsby, toasts you.

The Covert

DiCaprio is the king of hiding in plain sight. He’s been known to keep pesky paparazzi at bay with disguises incorporating everything from giant puffer jackets to rubberized face masks (dude was wearing face masks WAY before it was cool!). Just call him Inspector Clouseau.

The Coachella Shot

Leo, do you even go here? DiCaprio’s hoodie and specs weren’t quite enough to disguise him from eagle-eyed Coachella fans, who spotted him in the wild. A perfect disguise.

The Perennial Oscar Nominee

For decades, until he finally took home Oscar gold for The Revenant, DiCaprio was always the bridesmaid, never the bride at the Academy Awards. The Internet loved to clown on his quest to conquer his white whale, but as evidenced by this video of DiCaprio chatting up the woman who engraves winners’ names on their Oscar statues, no one loved to clown on DiCaprio as much as DiCaprio himself.

The Winner's Account

Twitter user @LeoAndHisOscar spent two years reporting almost daily on DiCaprio’s award status. Then, in 2016, he finally won. Thousands of fans were eager to celebrate with the account that spent every day hanging on DiCaprio’s every move.

The Gaga Pass

Is DiCaprio scared of Lady Gaga? Making fun of her exuberance? Or is he just frightened out of his skin by any woman over the ripe old age twenty-five? You be the judge.

The Pointing

When the thing happens in the movie that is exactly what the movie's title is, Leo's Rick Dalton is there to make sure you're aware.

The Relatable Athlete

When Monday comes in hot, it’s easy to feel like you’ve been smacked in the face with a volleyball. This shot of DiCaprio is all of us in gym class (and when a nasty email slides into your inbox first thing on a workday).

In short, we agree. Thanks for the meme-ories.

source

This is great news and can't wait for production to start and thanks Jade, Barbie, ox, Sugarwater and Lilja for the latest posts! Leo does have that face for memes, especially the smirk and eyes and I love his 'dad bod':tongue::blush: plus that was a nice article regarding Armani's style, too.