Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Tks for these wonderful pics Oxford...he looks sooo handsome!! :wub2: So now our hunk is in Korea? Leo is loved everywhere! :dance:

Tks for the vids and links, glad to know Leo was nominated for Best Villian for MTV Awards! :clap:

Tks for everything girls! :flower:

Seems like lots of people were very impressed with Leo's Jack Nicholson impression

I guess , unlike us long time fans , they had never seen him do it before :p

Leonardo DiCaprio's Jack Nicholson Impression Is Amazing

You don’t know Jack, but Leo does.

While promoting “Django Unchained” on a Japanese talk show, Leonardo DiCaprio was asked if he could do any impersonations.

“Well, uh, I do these Jack Nicholson eyebrows,” he said, lifting his eyebrows and looking remarkably like his “The Departed” co-star.

Watch his uncanny, almost scary impression of Nicholson above (fast forward to 2:18).

And see Leo’s eyebrows in action in GIF form.

DiCaprio also opened up about what he looks for in women (aside from being, you know, gorgeous models). “Ones with really great personalities,” he said. “They have to be very clever and have a great sense of humor. Sense of humor the most.”

Leo is set to appear next in “The Great Gatsby,” hitting theaters May 10.

http://news.moviefon..._n_2822267.html

Leo at Korea/Dango press conference

post-52324-0-1446085329-37512_thumb.jpg

post-52324-0-1446085329-6222_thumb.jpg

DiCaprio: 'Pain is temporary, film is forever'

Hollywood top star Leonardo DiCaprio visited Korea for the first time this week to promote his latest and Academy Award-winning output “Django Unchained.”

In the western film directed by the legendary Quentin Tarantino, which is set in the antebellum era of the Deep South of the U.S., DiCaprio stars as Calvin Candie, a cruel plantation owner who is chased by freed slave Django (Jamie Foxx), who wants to rescue his wife from him.

“I am proud to be part of this film and to play the character who represents everything wrong about the time period (and racism),” the actor said during a press conference in Seoul on Thursday.

The film was nominated for five Academy Awards this year, including Best Picture, and won Best Supporting Actor and Best Original Screenplay. It has grossed over $393 million in theaters worldwide, since its last year U.S. release on Dec. 25 -- becoming the highest-grossing picture made by Tarantino up to date.

The 38-year-old star enjoyed much popularity in Korea back in the 90s, for his roles as Romeo in Baz Luhrmann’s 1996 film “Romeo + Juliet” and James Cameron’s 1997 international hit “Titanic.”

“You know, I’ve been very, very lucky in this industry to be able to have the opportunity, almost like winning the lottery to choose the films I want to be in,” the actor said. “And that’s really thanks to one film and that’s ‘Titanic.’”

Throughout the 2000s, the actor starred in a number of films that got him nominations for awards, including “Gangs of New York” (2002), “The Aviator” (2004), “Blood Diamond” (2006) and “Revolutionary Road” (2008). His 2010 Sci-fi thriller “Inception” is among the biggest commercial hits of his acting career.

“My philosophy has been always the same,” the actor said. “Pain is temporary, film is forever. You go in there do everything you possibly can with all of your focus and hopefully you come out with -- if all the elements come together correctly -- a great piece of art. And to me, cinema is the great modern art form.”

The actor said he’s been eating Korean barbecue and kimchi “all his life,” while growing up in a predominantly Korean neighborhood in Los Angeles. He is also a big fan of Park Chan-wook’s 2003 film “Oldboy.”

“It was actually (Martin) Scorsese who brought the film to me saying Park is a true genius,” he said.

“Django Unchained” opens in theaters in Korea on March 21.