Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

From HR rticle about men's clothing for Gatsby; gosh 500 outfits !

Also , I didn't realize they've never announced who designed Daisy's gorgeous oufits

I've often wondered if Leo ever requests to keep an article of clothing from any of his roles ?

'The Great Gatsby': Brooks Brothers Outfits Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire

The clothing brand produced more than 500 evening and daytime looks for the stars and extras in Baz Luhrman's 3D film based on F. Scott Fitzgerald’s Jazz Age novel.

Brooks Brothers, the all-American label known for its preppy polos, teamed up with two-time Oscar-winning costume designer Catherine Martin to create the 1920s wardrobe worn by Jay Gatsby (Leonardo DiCaprio), Nick Carraway (Tobey Maguire) and Tom Buchanan (Joel Edgerton) in Baz Luhrman's film The Great Gatsby. The leading men's looks in the 3D version of F. Scott Fitzgerald's literary classic include everything from formal tuxes and three-piece check suits to striped bow ties and oxford shoes.

our editor recommended

"Fitzgerald was a Brooks Brothers customer," says Martin of her decision to work with the classic New York-based fashion brand. "Brooks Brothers is mentioned numerous times in Fitzgerald's writings as a representation of the ultimate gentleman's purveyor of fine clothing." In preparation for shooting, Martin poured over the Brooks Brothers archives to find best-selling styles, textured fabrics and patterns specific to the Gatsby era.

This isn't the first major fashion exclusive for the $125 million Warner Bros. film (out Christmas Day) — it was announced last October that Tiffany & Co. supplied all of the glittering Deco-style jewels and furnishings for Gatsby's Long Island mansion. The big question is who dressed Carey Mulligan's Daisy Buchanan? The studio is keeping that a secret for now.

post-52324-0-1446083209-84447_thumb.jpg

Without getting on anyone's side

I think the term of desperation for an Oscar comes from the fact that yes ... he always plays serious roles. ... and I know a lot of us (including myself) would like to see him doing another kind of character ... besides the tormented man he always tends to play ... (what a surprise it would be if I did a comedy) but I realize THAT IS NOT HIS STYLE .. and we have to keep in mind that. In my case I think... demanding something different from him would be like asking me to watch a stupid super hero movie (which isn't my type of film and don't enjoy it at all) and he probably feels the same about the comedies.

Many times we don't notice that desperation for Leo win a Oscar sometimes comes from the same fans that we wanna see him win it SO BAD that is all we have in mind and is the only thing we talked about and then when he don't win, we feel frustrated and is the only thing we focus on and the guy is just happy playing the roles he love...serious roles.

I also think this year is when his retractors have less right to complain about his movies-sellecion... We will have him in two completely different films playing two completely opposite characters. :)

I honestly couldnt care less about what these people are saying or not saying about Leo's work...because like every huge celebrity Leo has haters and huge fans, so I dont take these opinions seriously. Cause for them he is never good enough, he always overrated and he always dates the wrong person LOL, and these are views of the minority, Leo has a great career and is respected actor now.

And the oscars, you know why people keep telling he is desperate? because they cant accept Leo doesnt have a Oscar, cause he is just too damn good.

To tell you the real thing, I'm absolutely sure we, as a audience, think about that much more than him...he is living his life, working with the people he wants, is very well paid for this, has his friends and a gorgeous woman by his side...I dont think he cares too much about awards, he doenst look like this type of actor, but he deserves all the awards in this world.

Pami

In your local papers , have you read anything new about upcoming Rio eco convention , and who might have confirmed they were attending such as Leo ?

Not yet Oxford. I really cant say if he will attend it or not... :cry:

I am still waiting for more news.

thanks to all who shared the new photos, videos, articles.

Normally, I stay away from responding to personal stuff expressed here because for me (and this is not a diss to anyone who thinks differently), all that does not matter that much to me;

for me. it's all about the movies and his personality in interviews and appearances, and I would be lying if I did not include that I like his looks - the last, as time goes on, comes to matter less and less.

Back to the personal stuff, I would say that unless he lives in a vacuum, he probably realizes and knows what is said out there about his personal life; a lot of what is said demeaning and he is a target of ridicule. Despite that, he lives his life without worrying about the IMAGE or what people PERCEIVE from the outside, that is what make him special to me and what I like a LOT.

Do I think everything he does is wonderful, "normal", easy to understand ? No. no, and no. But if he conformed to everything that people want him to be, then he wouldn't be Leo.

Like oxford quoted photographer Greg Gorman writing about Leo:"he is the person most comfortable in his own skin that he has ever known" (that may not be the exact wording, word for word but I think it is 99% correct)- that about sums it up. When I read that, I thought, hmmm, is that really so? Then, I realized, yes, I can see where Gorman is coming from.

Definition of "comfortable in one's own skin" = Relaxed and confident in one's manner of presenting oneself and interacting with others; conveying the impression that one has a clear, satisfying understanding of one's own abilities and situation.

Just have to say, very nicely said Posey! I agree completely! :)

I honestly couldnt care less about what these people are saying or not saying about Leo's work...because like every huge celebrity Leo has haters and huge fans, so I dont take these opinions seriously. Cause for them he is never good enough, he always overrated and he always dates the wrong person LOL, and these are views of the minority, Leo has a great career and is respected actor now.

And the oscars, you know why people keep telling he is desperate? because they cant accept Leo doesnt have a Oscar, cause he is just too damn good.

To tell you the real thing, I'm absolutely sure we, as a audience, think about that much more than him...he is living his life, working with the people he wants, is very well paid for this, has his friends and a gorgeous woman by his side...I dont think he cares too much about awards, he doenst look like this type of actor, but he deserves all the awards in this world.

hi sweetGaby - I like what you wrote.

Sad Django related news from Variety

'Django' prod'n designer Riva dies at 63

Credits include 'The Color Purple,' 'A Few Good Men'

By Josh L. Dickey, Jeff Sneider

J. Michael Riva, production designer on several films including "The Amazing Spider-Man," "A Few Good Men" and "Django Unchained," has died. He was 63.

Quentin Tarantino's "Django" has been filming in and around New Orleans in the past weeks. No cause of death was immediately given; his reps say he passed away in a hospital, though it wasn't clear where he was at the time he was hospitalized.

Riva was nominated for an Oscar in 1985 for his work on "The Color Purple." He later won an Emmy in 2007 for the 79th Annual Academy Awards.

The New York-born Riva is from a showbiz family: the grandson of Marlene Dietrich, Riva's father William Riva was a Broadway set designer; his mother, Maria Riva, appeared in "The Scarlet Empress" with Dietrich, playing Catherine the Great as a child.

Riva's roughly 40 film credits as a production designer is a litany of commercial and critical successes. Other highlights include "The Goonies" (1985), "Lethal Weapon" (1987), and the first two "Iron Man" films.

His Emmy-winning turn as the Oscars' production designer was actually his second for the kudocast; his credits include the 2002 show, as well as the Opening Ceremonies of the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta.

ooh I don't think he is so desperate to win an Oscar, and how I hate when people make fun of this, common his a great actor since I know him and the most important thing he loves what he does, and that is the prior reason why he is so great, when you make your work with passion that is the result, maybe the past two years he was a little bit in the same, but how many time he has told that the majority of the scrip are bad in Hollywood? so is fine that he choice what he believes in, is a matter of facts I'll could probably do the same, and what about the comedy? have you seen any good comedy this year? you can't count with your fingers the good ones in the past so I don't think is about his type is about quality and I'm sure that he hasn't found a good one. sorry for the testament

This girls is in NY... and it was from yesterday.

Jackie Stuhl@jax5230

Talking about Plan B and just so happened to see Leonardo DiCaprio. HOLY SHIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!! @bpischke

7:52 pm - 7 jun 12 vía Twitter for iPhone · Detalles

People from New York you can do better than that ... We want tweets pics, know where he went, with whom... OK that would be too much stalker.. ... :laugh:

Amandinefrance

I can see that beard is out of control... :hehe: Multi petitions to see him without the beard.. or as I like, with his two-day beard post-51835-0-1446083210-62038_thumb.gif

Not sure what this means...

ItalianoTazza@CLASSICtazza

My Life is Complete at a Table with Leonardo DiCaprio.... #inlove #omg

1:18 am - 8 jun 12 vía Twitter for iPhone · Detalles

Marc Anthony now too? #whatifmylife #hellya @chopstalk

1:27 am - 8 jun 12 vía Twitter for iPhone · Detalles

It would be Marc Anthony and Leo were in the same place last night... I guess it was at LAVO since a saw this tweets

Gaby Banschick@DolceNGabanchic

MEET ME AT LAVO MARC ANTHONY IS THERE GODDAMNNNITTTTTTTTT @K_ROfosho

NY Nightlife Girl@NYnightlifegirl

@NYNightlife Marc Anthony at @LavoNY !

I found this but the girl doesn't say where she was... BTW: pleasantly plump???? and this is supposed to be a compliment? :avada:

Jennifer M.@JenNY86M

@lpavlovs Leonardo Dicaprio is right in front of us and he is pleasantly plump. P.S. I like his beard.

1:53 am - 7 jun 12 vía Twitter for iPhone · Detalles

Jennifer M.@JenNY86M

Leonardo Dicaprio right in front of me.

1:34 am - 7 jun 12 vía Twitter for iPhone · Detalles

Not sure what this means...

My Life is Complete at a Table with Leonardo DiCaprio.... #inlove #omg

1:18 am - 8 jun 12 vía Twitter for iPhone · Detalles

Marc Anthony now too? #whatifmylife #hellya @chopstalk

1:27 am - 8 jun 12 vía Twitter for iPhone · Detalles

It would be Marc Anthony and Leo were in the same place last night... I guess it was at LAVO since a saw this tweets

Gaby Banschick@DolceNGabanchic

MEET ME AT LAVO MARC ANTHONY IS THERE GODDAMNNNITTTTTTTTT @K_ROfosho

NY Nightlife Girl@NYnightlifegirl

@NYNightlife Marc Anthony at @LavoNY !

I found this but the girl doesn't say where she was... BTW: pleasantly plump???? and this is supposed to be a compliment? :avada:

Jennifer M.@JenNY86M

@lpavlovs Leonardo Dicaprio is right in front of us and he is pleasantly plump. P.S. I like his beard.

1:53 am - 7 jun 12 vía Twitter for iPhone · Detalles

Jennifer M.@JenNY86M

Leonardo Dicaprio right in front of me.

1:34 am - 7 jun 12 vía Twitter for iPhone · Detalles

Omg,she's so lucky..WHY SHE CAN'T SAY WHERE SHE IS DAMN ! HAHA

Well she don't say it but I think if the first tweet is legitimate... and she also saw Marc antony and Leo in the same place... and Marc was at Lavo... I'm guessing Lavo :gocho: and so ends my work detective/stalker for today :rofl:

Well she don't say it but I think if the first tweet is legitimate... and she also saw Marc antony and Leo in the same place... and Marc was at Lavo... I'm guessing Lavo :gocho: and so ends my work detective/stalker for today :rofl:

Haha where's is LAVO?!

Haha where's is LAVO?!

It's in NY :)

I think it could be true because Leo hung out with Marc Anthony before...

Thanks Ox for the articles :hug:

And thanks for yet another pic Amandine :flower:

I usually like his beard, but this length makes his chin look very pointy, or maybe it's just the angle :p

Adressing the keeping-custumes question someone asked before, I think Leo decided to keep the Gatsby-hats,

I wonder if he's baseball-hats are jealous :rofl:

Haha where's is LAVO?!

It's in NY :)

I think it could be true because Leo hung out with Marc Anthony before...

Thanks Ox for the articles :hug:

And thanks for yet another pic Amandine :flower:

I usually like his beard, but this length makes his chin look very pointy, or maybe it's just the angle :p

Adressing the keeping-custumes question someone asked before, I think Leo decided to keep the Gatsby-hats,

I don't know a lot of things about NYC omg I've say about Leo lol. And yes Leo and Mark hung with together last year if my memories are gooood...

I think he adopted the Gatsby style... and although at first I was a little hmmm (its normal after seeing him a long time only wearing caps) I don't think he look bad ... it's just that with caps he looks much younger :p

Ok... talking about stalking in action (and I swear isn't me) :laugh:

Susan@alegalbrunette

Creeping on Leonardo DiCaprio! I can see his apt from mine and he is out on his balcony!!!!!!!

11:28 am - 8 jun 12 vía Twitter for iPhone · Detalles