Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Thanks everyone who posted anything. Lol it's hard to keep up.

Also re his mom being around all the time.....hmm. Uh. I think Leo and Irmelin's relationship is precious. I love that he's so close to his parents. But ngl, I think I would find it odd if I were Erin and his mom...errr more like a grandmother since Leo and Erin's age difference.....were around so much. I mean, I can see it with relationships he'd been in a long time like with Gisele or Bar. But if Irmelin is just hanging out non stop w him and a girl he's been dating for a handful of months...yeah, that's kinda sorta odd. :rofl: Maybe his new girlfriends have to go through "testing" (LOL) by Irmelin or maybe Leo just hadn't seen her in a while. :/ hmm.

BUT YES HE MUST DO ALL THE MAGAZINES.

and omg yes please to Charlize and Leo. Gorgeous. Should reproduce, okay.

Haha Bari...you're funny indeed! :rofl:

Sick...how can I forget my precious shoulders?! :ddr: Never...this will NEVER happen!

I'm impressed to see how some people from some threads (IMDB for example cough cough) who didnt even watch the movie yet are already throwing stones at Leo saying he's always trying to overact again and now as a villain and bla,bla,bla.....

No matter what,no matter the movie...Leo will always be judged and the answer is sooooo simple...because he's f****** handsome and hot! And yes...because in my opnion he's the best actor in activity.

pami all that is pure envy, (and of course he can't like to everybody, but I prefer the first envy) you can see Kate Winslet she was part of Titanic and she don't receive this criticizing, "she is great" and blah blah( I think the same I love Kate) but with she has been different look even the Oscars prefer her, just because they can accept that this man has all the package, he has talent, is handsome, and has one of the most incredible careers I ever seen, just see the next movie after Titanic that she had was Hideous Kinky I guess so, but anybody said "is the and of her career, we always knew it that she was jut fail, just a cute face" then Leo with the beach isn't the great movie but isn't that bad, but even Barbara Walters asked him "what did you learn from failure? Tom Hanks answered for him in a good way, was an horrible question, and I'm sure that a lot of people wanted the failure of Leo, but thank to his intelligence he can go against this bad wishes. (sorry with my english :morning: )

Gaby

Yes, I agree , Danny Archer is so very hard to resist :)

post-52324-0-1446083208-99027_thumb.jpg

MakeItCount

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question, but the photo with all the stars was taken during the movie award season this year back in early Jan 2012

On the other hand, the actual official 100 year anniversary date was June 1st, 2012

Shirah

Thanks for Gary Clark vid; I saw lots of Leo's pal Q-tip , but no Leo or Erin :)

Wijn & Barbie

There is no romance for Leo's character Calvin , however, what you do see her the girls who belong to his stable of call girls at his Cleopatra Club fawning over him to stay on his good side .

but I hope there will be a tiny bit of Leo-romance involved

Pami

The picture of Leo & Charlize would have been taken in mid Jan 2012.

pami all that is pure envy, (and of course he can't like to everybody, but I prefer the first envy) you can see Kate Winslet she was part of Titanic and she don't receive this criticizing, "she is great" and blah blah( I think the same I love Kate) but with she has been different look even the Oscars prefer her, just because they can accept that this man has all the package, he has talent, is handsome, and has one of the most incredible careers I ever seen, just see the next movie after Titanic that she had was Hideous Kinky I guess so, but anybody said "is the and of her career, we always knew it that she was jut fail, just a cute face" then Leo with the beach isn't the great movie but isn't that bad, but even Barbara Walters asked him "what did you learn from failure? Tom Hanks answered for him in a good way, was an horrible question, and I'm sure that a lot of people wanted the failure of Leo, but thank to his intelligence he can go against this bad wishes. (sorry with my english :morning: )

Osa,dont worry about your enlgish,it's great!Flower%20for%20you.gif

You said exactly what I think! That's it! This woman...Barbara Walters is a jerk in my opinion,she loves to humiliate others and Leo wasnt the first person to be humiliated by her. Unfortunately many people still want his failure in this show business but this will never happen! Leo is stronger than all these things.

Oxford,tks for your answer! And yes...who can resist to Danny Archer? :Angel:

One more thing...even his accent in Blood Diamond was criticized by many people and they had to call some experts to prove that it was perfect. I cant understand...really. What else is missing for him? He doesnt need to prove anything.

Article from MTV gives some good background information about the Django trailer in regard to Tarantino /spaghettie western references

And , if you didn't realize who the actor was that was shown at end of trailer and why he was shown , now you will :)

What's In A Name?

Tarantino has always filled his movies with some subtle (and not so subtle) references to the movies he admires. The title character in "Django Unchained" owes his name to the rich legacy of other Djangos in film. The original Django appeared in an Italian-made Western from 1966 by director Sergio Corbucci. In the original "Django," the character is a mysterious drifter who drags a coffin around with him wherever he goes. Naturally, the coffin contains a machine gun. Dozens of other films ripped off the film, trying to repeat the original by featuring a character with the same name, but Corbucci and star Franco Nero only made one other Django movie, a 1987 sequel called "Django 2: il grande ritorno."

The Hidden Gun

This tricky little pistol shows up twice during the trailer, but expect to see a lot more of it in the actual film. A contraption used by Dr. King Schultz, the hidden gun retracts up into the wearer's sleeve and pops out when needed for a surprising blast. The device shows up pretty regularly in Westerns, and it even makes an appearance in one of Tarantino's favorite movies of all time, Martin Scorsese's "Taxi Driver."

The Leo Zoom-In

The first time we see Leonardo DiCaprio, Tarantino does a jarring zoom-in on his smug, smiling face. The move comes straight out of the spaghetti Westerns that the style of "Django Unchained" pulls inspiration from. The most notable director of the genre, Sergio Leone, directed four of its most famous films: "Fistful of Dollars," "For a Few Dollars More," "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly," and "Once Upon a Time in the West." Tarantino has borrowed from Leone and the spaghetti Western aesthetic on other occasions, including nods in "Kill Bill" and "Inglourious Basterds."

Don Johnson

The lucky journalists at Cannes who got a sneak preview of "Django Unchained" left the theater raving about the performance of '80s TV star Don Johnson. He actually appears in the trailer, right around the two-minute mark, as the Colonel Sanders-esque gentleman on a horse. Johnson has found himself in a series of intriguing roles in recent years, appearing in "Machete" and "Eastbound and Down." It's safe to say that "Django Unchained" will continue that trajectory.

Franco Nero

Right at the end of the trailer, Tarantino throws in one last Easter egg for hard-core film fans. That man next to Jamie Foxx when he speaks the "D is silent" line? That's Franco Nero, the original Django.

Calibi

Thanks for Catherin Martin comments about Gatsby.

I especially liked this passage as it speaks to what drew people to Gatsby be it female or male as it is the first thing Nick mentions about him :)

Those things are to help you understand. Gatsby is an iconic character. It says he was the most optimistic person, you know … He looked at girls the way all girls wanted to be looked at. He smiled the smile that someone wanted to be smiled at [with]. So, you're obviously trying to make him have an iconic look and you want people — as many people as possible — to access those messages in the book

trailer was a bit underwhelming. I think it's meant to draw people to the theaters so they're going to portray it in a comedic way.

One more thing...even his accent in Blood Diamond was criticized by many people and they had to call some experts to prove that it was perfect. I cant understand...really. What else is missing for him? He doesnt need to prove anything.

The thing is.. Leo is a really huge celebrity. People are already extremely familiar with the way he sounds and looks so it's very hard for him to just "disappear" into a role. Do you know what I mean? It's not that he's not good, but he is just too well known and that sort of works against him. It's kind of like how you watch a movie with Angelina Jolie and you still see Angelina Jolie instead of her character? lol So I think that's pretty much why he gets a lot of criticism for his accents. People are so used to his actual voice that they find it a bit jarring when he puts on an accent.

For example, one of leo's best roles is arnie grape and the reason why people bought him in that role so much is because no one knew who he was before the movie. A lot of people thought they actually hired a mentally handicapped kid for the part. I can guarantee you that if he were to play a character like that now, it would not be as well received.

BTW I wouldn't take imdb comments to heart lol comments on that site are as bad as youtube comments.

edit: oh and I think people should calm down with the oscar talks lol we barely see him in the trailer.. plus I don't want him to suffer from "over-hype". If he's good, he'll get a nom. If he isn't, he won't. Unlike a lot of you guys, I don't think the academy hates him at all. He has 3 noms for someone under 40 and that's a pretty big achievement. There are plenty of great actors out there who don't even have a single oscar nom (gary oldman only got his first nom last year). I guess I'm just a little tired of all the "leo is overdue for an oscar" type of comments because .. he isn't. I don't think anyone is overdue for an award, and it just ends up making people dislike him.

Yes Geegine,I understand what you're trying to say and though I agree with your point of view yet it's unfair if we judge someone just because this person is a huge celebrity. And believe me,you are not the first person to tell me this,so I do understand what you mean.

But for example,I dont see the same thing going on with Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise (Tom Cruise at least in the past hehe). They both are well known and dont suffer all these judgments,especially Brad Pitt. Of course someone may not like him for whatever reason,but most of the comments that I see are simply by the fact he is Leonardo DiCaprio.I%20dont%20know.gif

edit: oh and I think people should calm down with the oscar talks lol we barely see him in the trailer.. plus I don't want him to suffer from "over-hype". If he's good, he'll get a nom. If he isn't, he won't. Unlike a lot of you guys, I don't think the academy hates him at all. He has 3 noms for someone under 40 and that's a pretty big achievement. There are plenty of great actors out there who don't even have a single oscar nom (gary oldman only got his first nom last year). I guess I'm just a little tired of all the "leo is overdue for an oscar" type of comments because .. he isn't. I don't think anyone is overdue for an award, and it just ends up making people dislike him.

Yes right,but no one is talking about The Academy Awards here,and sometimes they make some mistakes in my opinion. And that's not the reason why some people dont like him at all.

Pami: But I've seen plenty of criticism for those 2 actors.. especially Pitt. The general consensus on Pitt is that he's a limited actor who chooses great projects. No one thinks Cruise is a great actor either lol especially in recent years because he seems to only do action films now.

I think Leo gets more criticism because people don't like the movies he chooses. A lot of people think he only does movies to win oscars now (which ties into my previous comment about why I hate seeing "leo is overdue" comments), and I guess they dislike his "desperation". Which is all valid criticism because a lot of his recent choices have been a bit stale. And they're not only picking on leo, Johnny Depp also gets a lot of criticism for his recent movie choices.

edit

Yes right,but no one is talking about The Academy Awards here,and sometimes they make some mistakes in my opinion. And that's not the reason why some people dont like him at all.

lol sorry, I wasn't talking about you guys. I was referring to comments on other sites. And believe it or not.. that is a major reason why people aren't that fond of leo recently and think he's overrated.

I apologize you...

But...desperation?!I%20dont%20know.gif I dont agree with that at all. :hehe: The thing is that people criticize everything when it come to Leo,his clothes ( like his lack of style),his girlfriends,his dog,his mom and bla,bla,bla....they dont judge only his work and ends up going to the personal as well. Now, I dont think Leo's desperate to win an Oscar, not everything is about The Oscars. He just wants to bring back the classic,the glamor,of course that's only my opinion.

i would like to know when people started calling leo desperate for an oscar, ugh. it bothers me so much, i wish people would just get over it. if anything, leo is desperate to be in as many amazing films as he possibly can. let him do his thing, he's obviously enjoying it, otherwise he wouldn't be starring in films on a regular basis and being consistently outstanding in all of them!

he'll get his oscar in due time. he's worked with and received generous praise from some of the greatest talents in the industry, i'm sure that's validation enough for him.