Bellazon

Football

goose

Ribery,Ronaldo and Messi are up to the best player in the world prize.

I choose Ronaldo though I like Messi alot.

Agreed. I don't think anyone has played as good as Ronaldo has this year. Unfortunately there are so many people who would disagree, even though his record says it all.

Well, he won! And rightfully so IMO. Yes he can be selfish and arrogant, but he is still one of the best players we've ever seen in soccer. I understand that a lot of people don't like him, but you can't deny he has talent.

I think we could be seeing Diego Costa on that list for 2014, if he keeps playing as well as he is now and if he keeps his temper in check.

Yay,yes,I've just seen it too. :ddr:

That's my opinion too he surely deserved it.Away from his personality,he's a real talent,and a very good player,those who like football alot,will surely think the same as us.

Ji Dong-Won apparently off to Dortmund in the summer. Calling it now, he'll be the subject of a £20m+ bid from Man United within three years.

Haven't seen much of the boy at Sunderland but he looked lively at Augsburg last season.

Moments when he looked the part for us were few and far between, but he was never used in his preferred position and was treated appallingly by Di Canio. Get him super fit and in the right headspace (which I’m almost certain Klopp will be able to do), he could become a real star.

Salvaging a point without doing yourself justice is a decent habit to get into when you're fighting for your life at the bottom, particularly against an impressively slick Southampton, who I distinctly remember playing us off the park last season as well. Yes, we must try and find a solution to our poor home form and quickly, but we can't play brilliantly every week and may well need more afternoons like that one.

Ji Dong-Won apparently off to Dortmund in the summer. Calling it now, he'll be the subject of a £20m+ bid from Man United within three years.

Haven't seen much of the boy at Sunderland but he looked lively at Augsburg last season.

Moments when he looked the part for us were few and far between, but he was never used in his preferred position and was treated appallingly by Di Canio. Get him super fit and in the right headspace (which I’m almost certain Klopp will be able to do), he could become a real star.

Confusingly enough he'll be making his second debut for Augsburg against Dortmund next weekend. Will probably score, miss a penalty, get sent off and or do a cruciate!

Funny: whenever Brendan Rodgers starts talking up Liverpool's title chances, they drop points in the very next game.

Unfunny: there's a strong possibility of Phil Jones starting games for England at the World Cup. :wacko:

Possibly our best performance of the season. Don't let the goal chronology fool anyone we did not crumble under overwhelming pressure nor did we park the bus, only Suarez's "nous" got them back to parity (maybe I should question the chosen referee's place of birth?) and thereafter we were just as likely to go and nick it as them. Thankfully Benteke looks rejuvenated now he's back in the goals while the addition of Bertrand is a clear improvement on Luna though we could definitely still do with one or two in (and frankly, one or two out).

Has Moyes made a bid for Lee Carsley yet? 

Thanks Fred! Suspense, intrigue, gripping finale complete with avant garde penalty shoot-out - the game should be nominated for a BAFTA. I've yet to determine whether a one-off meeting with a potentially rampant Man City is a prize or a punishment, but I applaud the lads for the magnificent achievement of reaching the final. Hopefully, it's onwards and upwards from here in all competitions.

post-20523-0-1446013749-95406_thumb.jpg

Unlikely that one will go down in the annals of time as a classic Premier League thriller (few games involving Sunderland, and even fewer involving Stoke, do), but if there’s one thing that we can't complain about at this stage of the season, it's taking points before performances. We dominated, we let them back in, we got hold of it again, then we finished the game under pressure. Hardly emphatic, but it brought us what we so desperately needed - a home win.