Bellazon

Football

goose

Hazard was absolutely brilliant against West Sam.

A superb talent. He may have a way to go before fully deserving the current comparisons with Zola, Ronaldo and Messi, but he, Mata and Oscar could run riot in the Premier League for many years to come.

Someone was pretty excited at the news that the U.S. has a 65% chance of qualifying for the World Cup. I guess even if I were new to Earth, it would go without saying that less than 70% chance of qualifying is the equivalent of less than 1% chance of winning :ninja: . Of course, stranger things have happened in other sports although I wouldn't hold my breath. Its always great just to be there though :Angel: .

Oh lord, now Fletcher is knackered. An optimist might say that we have two more than capable strikers in reserve - one desperate to silence the doubters, the other with massive potential. But who ever heard of an optimistic Sunderland fan? :pinch:

Terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought. I’ve already seen countless Sunderland managers come and go, but quite honestly, this departure has upset me more than any other, not least because I really, really liked O’Neill. He seemed to have all the right credentials to take us forward, his presence was a breath of fresh air after Bruce and his well-documented childhood affinity with the club was an added bonus. Hard to say where it all went wrong - although it seems too throwaway just to say that he's lost it or that he's no good without his mate John Robertson, anyone who's watched us at any point this year would have seen a team with some very obvious and very serious shortcomings, and while the timing could hardly have been worse, Short must have been incredibly spooked at seeing a seven-point safety cushion go up in smoke within the space of six days. So here we are again, flying straight into the unknown, holding what could turn out to be a get out of jail free card or a one way ticket to the Championship. Despite a good few years' experience with this kind of nonsense, I'm completely clueless with regard to what or who's going to happen next.

With the exception of Benteke's header that was blocked (by Gerrard, clearly well rested having slept through the entire second half in Montenegro) we were absolutely hopeless in the second half today. Baker must be the clumsiest sod since at least, erm, Richard Dunne.

Its hard to argue that O'Neill was doing a particularly decent job at Sunderland but I don't necessarily regard this as a wise move. The timing seems very cynical and as I've said before their run in post-Chelsea looks pretty decent. That Newcastle game just keeps getting bigger.

It's difficult to see it as anything other than a 'hail mary' play by Short, but I suppose all you can do as a fan at this point is cross your fingers and hope for the best. If Di Canio can fire a rocket up the players, scrape a win or two and drag us out of danger with time to spare, fantastic. If relegation should happen and we go down fighting, then I'd probably prefer to be in the depressing environment of the Championship with him than some old-school dullard like McLeish or McDermott. Of course, there's a good chance we'll just completely crash and burn too, but we'll have to cross that bridge if and when we come to it. One thing's for sure, it won't be boring.