Bellazon

Football

goose

Do you attend home games? :)

I was a season ticket holder until uni and work came along, but I still try to go whenever possible. My win percentage has taken a bit of a battering as of late - the 3-0 against West Ham was only time I've managed to see them win in five outings this season. Fingers crossed for the Fulham game on the 2nd of March. :laugh:

I'm actually quite pleased that the Arsenal-Bayern result wasn't used by the press as another stick to beat Arsene Wenger with. Bayern (who turned in a near-flawless away performance) are one of the top two or three teams in Europe, while Arsenal are perhaps the current fifth best team in the Premier League. It was always going to be something of a mismatch and there was a far bigger gulf in class on show than in the Milan-Barca game.

Which of course isn't to say that Milan didn't do well - quite the opposite in fact, Allegri's gameplan worked to absolute perfection. The second leg at the Nou Camp will still be a formidable challenge but I could see Milan scoring, which could well be enough to take them through. I remember when Sulley Muntari couldn't get a game for us. :pinch:

What's your run in for the next few weeks like? You'e not going to do anything silly like get involved in the pig fight down at the bottom are you?

It's Fulham on Saturday, then QPR away and Norwich at home. I'm hoping we can take a minimum of five points from those three games because our subsequent run of fixtures makes me want to hide under my duvet and cry.

I'm like a day or two late but i still have to toot my real madrid whistle :chicken:

Barca really should be starting VIlla up front with Messi cause clearly Pedro (or Fabregas or whoever) isn't cutting it and the other plays haven't been stepping up when Messi's been shut down lately.

Not uncommon for Barca to look somewhat jaded and uncomfortable between January and March then resurgent later, but with the players more or less managing themselves in Vilanova's unfortunate absence, it'll be interesting to see how they get on between now and the end of the season.

Bet AVB had a bit of a laugh (in his detuned radio voice) looking at the Premier League table last night. A deserved poke in the eye for Chelsea and particularly for the press, whose pathetic stories of crisis during his first few months at Spurs are now conspicuous by their absence.

If you launch yourself at an opponent with studs showing, you're crossing a line - especially in the current climate. Nani was reckless, and the ref made a harsh but correct call. What I'd be interested to know is whether Nani going down as if injured (which you'll often see when a player knows he's in trouble and wants to deflect attention) swayed the ref's decision in any way or gave him more time to deliberate. Pure speculation on my part of course, but he may have had a chance of escaping the red card had he got straight back to his feet afterwards.

Defeat to Schalke is rarely a secondary matter but today it is (still incredibly annoyed, mind). Thank goodness for that. Had to win, HAD TO WIN. When Baker spoons one into his own goal like that you weigh up the options, planning the midweek journey to Barnsley for August or reaching for the Samaritans hotline. Must beat Wheeler Dealer next week, please God let it happen.

If you launch yourself at an opponent with studs showing, you're crossing a line - especially in the current climate. Nani was reckless, and the ref made a harsh but correct call. What I'd be interested to know is whether Nani going down as if injured (which you'll often see when a player knows he's in trouble and wants to deflect attention) swayed the ref's decision in any way or gave him more time to deliberate. Pure speculation on my part of course, but he may have had a chance of escaping the red card had he got straight back to his feet afterwards.

?????

He was controlling the ball and Arbeloa can from behiend.

I wasn't saying Nani showed intent to maim, I was saying that he couldn't have realistically expected to leap kung-fu style, pluck the ball out of the air and remain completely unchallenged. In games against teams of Real Madrid's quality, being granted that sort of time and space simply doesn't happen.

And so, Sunderland continue to do what Sunderland do best - capitulate. On paper, we have the makings of a reasonable first eleven, but I honestly believe that some of those players just couldn't care less. It's okay, I'll turn up, go through the motions and pick up my £50k a week (or whatever) and an extra bonus if we get a corner. That seems to be the mentality, and I'm sick to the back teeth of it.

Now, needless to say, the Norwich game is an absolutely massive one. It's vital that we pick up a win ahead of Man United's visit to the SoL and trips to Chelsea and Newcastle - anything less and the threat of relegation once again becomes all too real.