Bellazon

Football

goose

I'm hoping Mr. Average does one over Freddy next week! If I can beat ...ummm :unsure: *muttersindistinguishablenameunderbreath* then I have a chance of pipping him of "GD"

I heard about the punch up. Apparently Demba Ba didn't want to sign anything for a couple of fans?

Not sure if the Average One has it in him, but the second bit shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'll kill that Suarez! :persuazn:

There was a joke the other day that Ba no longer gives out autographs, since the last time he signed his name in London, he ended up at West Ham - but the story currently doing the rounds is that he was racially abused by a 'fan', which sparked a mass brawl between players and guests.

Oh Birmingham City, how you tickle my plump, top half of the table supporting belly!

Sadly I was once again unable to catch an impressive leader, this time Ed, in the SPL-like version of the BZ League, though I did win the more sexy, head-to-head championship! I'm particularly pleased to have clinched it with an away (!) win over my nemesis, Average! I couldn't hire an open top bus at short notice, and the trophy is still in the shop, so instead I will be parading a tin of baked beans around my street from 2 til 4 this afternoon. Do swing by if you're in the neighbourhood!

post-9484-0-1446013658-32514_thumb.jpg post-9484-0-1446013658-36105_thumb.jpg

Oh well, there's always next season for me, assuming I'm not replaced by Guus Hiddink over the summer. Congratulations to Messrs Ed and Freddy - victory in the world's greatest fantasy league(s) surely deserves the world's greatest celebration... :laugh:

congrats facoquer

you must be jumping up and down everytime you know you're going to face united in a final, you basically school us everytime we play. Embarrassing stuff on our behalf, but barca were clearly and deservedly the better team.

you should be proud of your team.

Thanks! :) When Rooney scored I felt scared. I thought myself: "We had many clear chances to score and they did it in their first, we're gonna lose this".

There's no shame for United in losing to Pep's boys. The footballing world hardly needs proof that they're beatable but they'll win any game provided they turn up and perform - regardless of who the opposition is or whether they choose to defend, attack, contain or bully. It's impossible to do anything without a fair share of possession and you simply don't get that against Barca.

P.S. Peterborough 3-0 Lee Clark's Huddersfield Town. Hahahahahahaha. Ha. :ninja:

If you don't do proper zonal or man marking against the likes of Xavi and Messi you are asking for trouble and that's what happened. At least one proper DM in front of the back 4 and behind your mids for covering the gaps

Congrats Barca

^The only realistic chance United had of winning in the first place was to catch Barca on a real off day (Exhibits A & B: Hercules and Sociedad) or to get incredibly lucky (Exhibit C: Arsenal - their performance in the last 20 minutes of the first leg masked what could and should have been a massacre) but it's fair to say that they did little to help their cause. Not only did Fergie's much-vaunted masterplan for stopping Messi fail to materialise, pairing the attack-minded Giggs with the relatively pedestrian Carrick to try and nullify Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets in the midfield was tantamount to suicide.

So Fred, do you want Hughes or Moyes (or neither)?

Like everyone, I wanted Gerard to gracefully exit from the stage (though we all know that's not how it was) but to be honest I find myself whimpering away from the conversation whenever it comes up. I like the fact that we rang Ancelotti, presumably just for the sheer hell of it, but really none of the seemingly obtainable candidates stand out. For me the most important thing is to get it sorted quickly. Selling our best player with no manager in place, two summers in a row = doom.