Bellazon

Unanswered/Weird Questions

The culture is way too different.

Everything is always too big & too fast for me.

The country is amazing, the land is one of the most beautiful but there is AMERICANS on it :ph34r:

I love you guys -really- but only in small doses.

And to be honest and fair I don't think I could live in another country than mine.

22 minutes ago, frenchkiki said:

The country is amazing, the land is one of the most beautiful but there is AMERICANS on it :ph34r:

And to be honest and fair I don't think I could live in another country than mine.

Accustomed to your own ways and life, understood :hehe: And like you, I can't stand a lot of my fellow Americans either :p We do tend to be loud, obnoxious, entitled to a given situation, and quite selfish :ninja: Bascilly a lot of focus on the "ME" and forgetting there are other people around :pinch: I hate our culture of pampering kids as if they are the most important things on this planet and they can do no wrong :ninja: Why we are full of spoiled brats :cain: This holds more ground when it comes to those born after 1990 :banghead: 

7 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

What about the food? :chicken::rofl::laugh: What do you think about Americans abroad in France?

6 hours ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

Accustomed to your own ways and life, understood :hehe: And like you, I can't stand a lot of my fellow Americans either :p We do tend to be loud, obnoxious, entitled to a given situation, and quite selfish :ninja: Bascilly a lot of focus on the "ME" and forgetting there are other people around :pinch: I hate our culture of pampering kids as if they are the most important things on this planet and they can do no wrong :ninja: Why we are full of spoiled brats :cain: This holds more ground when it comes to those born after 1990 :banghead:

I think a lot of it has to do with family values eroding the past 20 years. I don't like that we can't call out shitty parents in my profession and can't tell them the reason why their kid is fucked is because of you.

I think these kids that will be in the workforce in the next 5-10 years are soft and we aren't helping them either by giving them passes. I don't agree with that all. If the kid fucks up, make it inconvenient for them and the parents. They don't do after school detention, they do lunch detention. :rofl: I guaran-dam-tee that a lot of kids would act better if you take their time from them, but we've become too sissy like to do that to them..... meaning the higher ups have no balls.

Generation Me is the worst.

10 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

I don't quite understand this.  (especially pertaining to differences).    I asked you before where you visited in the US, because there are significant variations.  I actually find rural areas of America to be very slow.  Suburbs are moderately slow.  I live in one.  People commute either to the cities or other towns to work.   It the cities that are fast and highly stressful, and especially NYC.

There is probably a higher emphasis on materialism due to the geography (low population density outside of urban centers.)

16 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

Yes penguins have knees, 2.

@Cult Icon : This is where you live? :D

To be honest with you I don't think I could live in the US

french21.jpg

No, I live 2 hours away, in a mall town.  I drove past this town over the weekend.  The towns that border the Delaware River are quite picturesque and well kept.   My town is good but has a bit too much development (numerous large malls, countless businesses, noise, and not enough natural scenery.) I like how the towns across from the river still possess local businesses and actual town centers.  The buildings mesh well with the scenary.  

There were American and gay pride flags all over the place on Easter Sunday.  Frenchtown was the town where "Eat, Pray,  Love" was filmed (and the author lived in)Eat_pray_love_ver2.jpg

we could get a new suburban home across from the river and raise our babies and bring in your mom if she needs support ? ??  You could get a green card and eventually be able to drive?   I suppose you feel like you wouldn't fit in socially and miss out on activities and friends?  

Maybe I should move into your home??? :D  do you live in a medieval town?  lol

You always gave me the impression,..... and you also told me that you value your independence a lot.  Me too, in fact I prefer quality of contact with you far more than quantity.

23 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

Why do people say that they ''slept like  a baby'' if babies wake up every 2 hours crying?

It's an idiom that means to sleep a deep, carefree, uninterrupted sleep. The last part is bullshit like you said.

The interesting thing about Greenwich is the underwhelming level of public services/infrastructure.  It's impressive and definitely superior to the average 100K +/per household upper middle class town but at the same time they are collecting property taxes from numerous billionaires and so many grand estates.