Bellazon

General Discussion

Prettyphile

21 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

I have no idea why VS would post this online :ermm::blink::noexpression:, and because misery loves company, here you all go. You are all welcome (video) :flower::nicole:

Who is this person and why does she speak like an AI wrote it based on Drag Race catch phrases? The cringe I feel :rofl: 

14 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

Now these 2, are what I call proper representation. Checks the DEI box, features both women who look gorgeous and sultry in their get up. If only VS knew how to rebrand in this direction, instead of picking every random girl that wasn't conventionally beautiful, sexy or pretty. 

Agreed! I wish they'd stuck to this, having a diverse pool of models but still having actually good looking women. Not whatever it is they are doing these days by casting any woman who will work with them.

On 9/7/2023 at 7:54 PM, Warhol said:
I don't understand what's the point of choosing plus size models if they’re not charming or good enough….

22 hours ago, Clauds said:

Agreed! I wish they'd stuck to this, having a diverse pool of models but still having actually good looking women. Not whatever it is they are doing these days by casting any woman who will work with them.

Both of these! :thumbs_up:

It is not they are being more diverse that is the issue, in fact it is a good thing. The issue is they are choosing random lackluster models/influencers who have very little charisma, star-quality and/or presence whatsoever. People already think VS is being performative and this is only proving this perception to be correct. As I said before, they aren't even half-assing all this, let alone quarter-assing. So far this whole thing is a mess, and it seems very little thought or effort was put into this (or at least promotional part of it. Maybe the actual show itself will be decent. Here's to hoping). They are attempting to perform a smoke & mirror trick but it is failing b/c it is so obvious.

You gotta be fucking kidding me, the new management hands out wings to the models like candies during trick-or-treat. I pity the models whose wings are being worn by newer faces. I know they don't own them, but man, imagine someone new wearing wings that originally belonged to you. The pair of wings you worked your ass off to get, and suddenly a new face comes on and just gets it. It's such a slap to the face. 

Oh wow, this is even worse than I was expecting - and the bar wasn't high to begin with. 

I feel so much for the models who actually worked to get their wings and now they're just la de da anyone can have them.  Such a slap in the face to the girls who wore the wings originally. 

This further proves all this attempt to be more "body inclusive" is BS and performative. Before anyone thinks I am fat-shaming any of them, I am not. In fact I believe VS are the ones fat-shaming these women [on purpose] by making them look unflattering. There are many brands out there who knows how to make plus size women look flattering. Again, VS didn't even half-ass try---let alone quater-ass  try.

377802997_827522979010654_9206274504489192494_n.jpg
I am sure of all the photos they took of her, this is not one of the best ones. I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the worse b/c I have seen her other work---she looks much better than this.

379243571_1472431733491922_429758594860128406_n.jpg

Either this is a poor AI attempt or an intern went Photshop-crazy. But at least her outfit is somewhat flattering.

380271383_1899171003809769_277590224886183227_n.jpg

This one looks ok but they should have either: 1) Left the thing around her waist off. 2) Adjusted the thing around the waist so it doesn't create a prominent muffin top. 3) Left the thing around her waist off and given her better underwear. 4) Selected a better photo.

380595173_291984620134019_6415830126579955215_n.jpg

The top is very unflattering on her and is a major mess. What was VS thinking!? Actually they probably weren't thinking and just randomly put whatever was laying around on her.

8 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

This further proves all this attempt to be more "body inclusive" is BS and performative. Before anyone thinks I am fat-shaming any of them, I am not. In fact I believe VS are the ones fat-shaming these women [on purpose] by making them look unflattering. There are many brands out there who knows how to make plus size women look flattering. Again, VS didn't even half-ass try---let alone quater-ass  try.

Malicious compliance, I like that.  My heart breaks knowing these models are wearing not just wings, but large or reasonably beautiful mid-sized wings that were made for models who had to walk the fashion show for a good 2-3 years before they earned them. Aiyeye. It looks like the hype for VS Tour 23 is so bad, it's like neither of us were actually back :(. 

962417657255165972.webp?size=96&quality=lossless

VS had got the rules to be an ángel. I am not against the clothes, the new models, new sizes...but they had that marketing and a lot of women, me too, had felt identificated with that Angels and models, be sexy and friendship, with Pink University concept, the old marketing.

The new publicity is more agressive to me. To me, It was better create new brand with that ideas and VS still with the old ideas of beauty.

37 minutes ago, cardigans said:

couldn’t even finish it it was so boring, would rather watch paint dry. and to think at the time i thought some of the more recent vsfs were bad — in comparison to this, they were oscar winning movies lmao

Oh no this doesnt bode well

Were any of the classic angels good at least?

24 minutes ago, victoriassecret_aut said:

Oh no this doesnt bode well

Were any of the classic angels good at least?

none of the models were bad, it just wasn’t a runway show. it was them dancing around cameras in different locations cut between documentary style clips of different artists. if you love a b grade netflix documentary and some artistic camera movement then maybe you’ll like it more than me 🫣

7 hours ago, cardigans said:

none of the models were bad, it just wasn’t a runway show. it was them dancing around cameras in different locations cut between documentary style clips of different artists. if you love a b grade netflix documentary and some artistic camera movement then maybe you’ll like it more than me 🫣

Oh wow, that's just bad.