Bellazon

Dolce & Gabbana humilates women?!

Nemeside

actually second time when i looked at it, after OMGBiancadoesforDolceGabbanaawsome i thought the same but i thought this topic is too serious and too sore to discuss about it here.

i was afraid to be misunderstood finally, well at least someone thinks like me :laugh:

It's actually Shannan Click ;)

yes i know it now, but it was posted in Bianca's thread as it was Bianca, so i was like it

Hm... First I wasn't offended b/c I just had a short glance at that picture. but I absolutely understand when ppl say it looks like raping. Nothing against offensive ads, and I count myself as openminded in a lot of things, but this is offending women who had to go through this.

Hm... First I wasn't offended b/c I just had a short glance at that picture. but I absolutely understand when ppl say it looks like raping. Nothing against offensive ads, and I count myself as openminded in a lot of things, but this is offending women who had to go through this.

Totally agree. I don't find it offending for me personally, but for other women who have endured that particular pain of rape it is offending.

Anyways I still think Domenico and Stefano are brilliant and I love them to pieces.

I am a feminist and I am not offended by it. There are far worse things than this.

However, I have sense Domenico and Stefano did this all on purpose for publicity.

Bingo. I was more offended by their arrogant reaction than the ads themselves, frankly.

I was also amused by the fact that they compared this ad to Caravaggio's paintings. If they ever create anything with 1/100th of the power of a Caravaggio painting, I'll be very surprised.

• 4 months later...
Here is a bigger version :shifty:

1cky2.th.jpg

omFg...I love u...:D lol...I have to admit,I've been lookin everywhere 4 a bigger version :ninja: :D

& bout this ad...I think it's cool,I really like it,....and wtf,it was supposed to represent a FANTASy not a rape... :/

See, the women who object to seeing those types of advertisements are like the members of this community:

http://www.livejournal.com/community/kissmyass_cosmo

They honestly believe that Victoria's Secret is doing some great disservice to women by featuring models that are tan, thin, busty and have large hair. Aren't there more serious matters to get worked up over?

These women need to suck it up and get over it.

exactly...they're just jealous cuz they're not tan & tall & long legged & beautiful like VS models... ;)))

Totally agree. I don't find it offending for me personally, but for other women who have endured that particular pain of rape it is offending.

Anyways I still think Domenico and Stefano are brilliant and I love them to pieces.

wow haven't thought about it that way...but i stil stand how i'm prety sure D&G didn't purposely make the ad be based on a rape scene

in a way i can agree how that ad looks as if the men are about to gang-bang the model....yeesh.

but i hate how people can be so controversial and make the ad turned around *rolls eyes*

i love the model...she looks so sexy :p haha

who is it btw?

its Shannan Click ;)

I think the ad does exactly what it set out to achieve, provoke controversy and/or create buzz. I mean there are only a few ways the image can be construed, either the girl is going to be violated or she's about to umm, service the men in her company. I personally don't find the ad offensive, just a tad low brow and uncreative. Sex sells. Okay guys, we got it. Anymore tricks up your sleeve cause this one has gotten tiring. One thing I totally agree with every on is the Live Journal "feminist" board. There are so many Feminist issues that these women could be actively involved in that can really affect lives. Yet they choose to get their panties in a bunch about stupid ads.

I like this ad. I mean I can understand someone's concern but I have seen many other ads with men on top of women or similar. I mean jeesh, don't they have something better to do than to find everything little thing wrong with an ad? Have they not seen VS? If they'd get disturbed off of this, it would seem that they'd get highly disturbed with lingerie. :cain: