Bellazon

How to be a male model?

AnthonyDeOliveira

don't let your acne or "lack of" chiseled features get in your way. if you truly want to be a model, send in pictures to your desired agencies. I suggest a head shot and a full body shot (no shirt, maybe try from 1 or two angles just so they can make sure you're fit). you need to understand though that you might not get accepted. a big part of modeling is auditioning and you don't always get the jobs you want, so you need to be prepared to be let down- don't get your hopes up too high.

i don't think you should be worried about your acne. lots of successful models have it, and that's what makeup in for. in editorials and ads and stuff the models are photo shopped to hell and back, so small imperfections really don't matter that much. if you DO get interviewed and seem unconfident about it though, those interviewing you may notice and ultimately not accept you. these agencies want people who will be genuinely interested in their profession, and not unconfident. if you're already giving up because you don't have strong cheekbones, maybe this isn't the right job for you.

on that note, i hope you're not doing this just to meet natasha, doutzen, or flavia... :laugh: modeling is not about meeting gorgeous girls.. try lowering your standards a bit. :p

Thanks i really needed that talk, you know what im not going to let that stop me, i wanna be a model so im gonna give it my all cause i MIGHT be going to new york in march and my aunt said she'll try helping me become a model too.

and my cosuin is coming out with her own lingerie line so i MIGHT be able to get in the buissnes i hope. but im not doing this to meet them, but if i do great, but i wana do it cause when i see modeling/model's im so motivated to do it.

and in poloroids your face isnt going to come out really retty yeah?

YEAH!

heeeheee well first of all would they allow me to send photo's to them when there are agencies over here?

like would they wonder like "why are we getting photos from someone in the usa, arent there agencies over there?"

they might say that right?

can you help me find some good small agencies in new york or some foreign country?

here is a list of agencies!

http://supermodels.nl/agencies/

idk yet i asked this lady from an agency over here in hawaii she said i can make an appointment for an open-call but i wanna start out on the top , could i send it in to an agency in the netherlands?

I don't think the netherlands is the best market in Europe..

anyway, I think you should try out first in hawaii or in the mainland and then you'll see... at least to have opinions of professionals!!

if they want you they wont care if youve had an agency in the us...it would just mean you have experience but if they really want you it wont matter.

But you realize if they want you youll need money to get out there...

My buddies agency is in south africa...he got lucky and won a competition though and uses that money any time he has to go out there.