Bellazon

The Nostalgia Thread

Enrico_sw

12 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

Nostalgia was when I did not know Joss Whedon was a douch.

How can u be such an amazing writer and portrayed badass and feminist women and being a shitty human being towards women and men ?

Because he thought he’d get away with that behavior, relying on the past way directors worked to forge along. 

I am trying to separate the douche from the work, and not let it taint the works he’s done. 

@frenchkiki  Do you remember the movie "L'Ours" by Jean-Jacques Annaud?

I saw this movie when I was a little child... I had huge "roller coaster" emotions during this movie.  Since then, I have a huge affection for bears, like they're family or something.

The MK arcade machines used to creep me out as a kid.  I even had nightmares about it.  While other kids were playing MK in the arcade (now a quaint and mostly lost institution), the reality was that I was too disturbed by the imagery to play it with them.

MK also entered the public debate about violence in videogames as a prime example. :

On 4/27/2021 at 11:09 PM, Enrico_sw said:

@frenchkiki  Do you remember the movie "L'Ours" by Jean-Jacques Annaud?

I saw this movie when I was a little child... I had huge "roller coaster" emotions during this movie.  Since then, I have a huge affection for bears, like they're family or something.

Jamais vu surprise.gif.4a226fa3cce6adc27faef86c428a20a5.gif

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

Jurrassic Park was an "event" for all kids.   Unfortunately my cheap parents only brought me to watch it once.  This scene in particular, plus the music:

Oh yes! I was a grown adult and Hubs and I saw it a few times in the theater. 
I still love dinos!

10 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Oh yes! I was a grown adult and Hubs and I saw it a few times in the theater. 
I still love dinos!

Oh wow you did?  The CGI still holds.  For that time it would have been something special compared to our massively oversaturated and overexposed minds today.

For kids I remember that we were interested in dinosaurs a lot that year, the dinosaur toys were also very popular.

This toy was one of my favorites during my childhood:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrpSpTmqhG_8IlQRwVi

6 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Oh wow you did?  The CGI still holds.  …

This toy was one of my favorites during my childhood:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrpSpTmqhG_8IlQRwVi

Nice toy! 
you’re right, the cgi is still strong, even after 25 (?) years.

Yep, I’ve been a Dino fan since I was little.  Godzilla may have had a strong influence in that aspect. 

There was an exhibition with tons of memorabilia along with some of the maquettes that Hubs and I went to that spring too. That was cool too.

On 6/15/2021 at 10:19 AM, CandleVixen said:

Nice toy! 
you’re right, the cgi is still strong, even after 25 (?) years.

Yep, I’ve been a Dino fan since I was little.  Godzilla may have had a strong influence in that aspect. 

There was an exhibition with tons of memorabilia along with some of the maquettes that Hubs and I went to that spring too. That was cool too.

I remember around 1995 ish I went to the Museum of Natural History at NYC and saw the T-Rec, Tricerotops, raptors, etc.  That was an experience..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I rewatched resident evil 3 and bits of RE2, OG modded.  I played RE2 and RE3 several times in high school and they were some of my favorite games. 

I had forgotten how well designed and timeless both games are, and how cinematic they already are.  

A director like Snyder could easily make three films that are very loyal to the story and characters of RE1, RE2, and RE3 and do it well..

• 2 weeks later...