Bellazon

The Nostalgia Thread

Enrico_sw

Cindy Crawford was my first model crush and probably completely altered my brain chemistry at 5 years old lol.  

I feel like in the 1990s all entertainment and toys were taken with much more gratitude, as it was pre high speed-internet, pre-smartphone, and computers were somewhat primitive, and there was just a lot less access.  

Toys R US and toys stores were like heaven; now they are bankrupt or massively downgraded.

• 3 weeks later...

Man of Steel (2013) had two timeless trailers.  Amazing because they address universal philosophical themes that could be applied in all sorts of hero stories.  Also, they were perfectly edited . I don't think any film has lived up to this advance billing yet.

Relistening to this recently brought back a lot of 1990s/early 2000s feels.  MGS2 couldn't have been made in any other time.  The politics of the film were vintage pre- 9-11 and war the terror, having the feel of the American post-Soviet Union triumph and faith in special forces & innovating technology.  The Tanker mission in MGS2 was arguably the most advanced game level in existence at the time.  MGS1-MGS2 had a lot of homages to 1980s-90s- thriller/action films too- a type of film that has been overtaken by the Comic book superhero.

And the story of MGS2 is still relevant today- about the control of the digital flow of information.

The ending of MGS3 was probably inspired by the intro Rock (1995 IIRC), the only good movie Michael Bay made:

15 hours ago, Tania82 said:

And I miss people dressing in good way, not like poors or dirty, or always in sport clothes.

Well, I miss that too. I like elegant people. That doesn't necessarily mean that the clothes should be expensive, but at least chosing quality fabrics, matching clothes/colors, etc.  Also, clothes can be both comfy and classy.

BTW, I really don't like slim fit trousers for men, but they are everywhere now...

On 7/24/2020 at 12:36 AM, Enrico_sw said:

Well, I miss that too. I like elegant people. That doesn't necessarily mean that the clothes should be expensive, but at least chosing quality fabrics, matching clothes/colors, etc.  Also, clothes can be both comfy and classy.

BTW, I really don't like slim fit trousers for men, but they are everywhere now...

Yes, in all styles, 60, 70, 90, 2000 clothes can be funny and elegant at same time

On 7/23/2020 at 2:41 AM, Tania82 said:

And I miss people dressing in good way, not like poors or dirty, or always in sport clothes. 

And I miss people when he were slim and nice, in health way, or athletic, not fat or anorexic  wihout brain

You miss this?  :D

36 minutes ago, Tania82 said:

Men without hair is not interesting to me, no

I love Paris  but I love beach too.

I think it would be a pain in the A$$ to be forced by "social convention" to wear dress clothes everyday for no good reason, especially in sweltering weather.  Then I or someone else would have to wash all those clothes by hand and hang them on a string.  An ironing. I'm sure that it would be a pain for women too to be overdressed all the time.

Then to be sent by my government to be killed, in mounds, along with millions of other young men- to satisfy the  greed of my leaders

I understand I have to wear uniform in my job, but I love to wear another clothes in my free time, for not special reasons too. I love to put me a nice dress to go to market but I love to use jeans in my travels, more comfortable.

Maybe I miss normal people who don't call you whore to use dresses in the city if you don't go with some men or mpre people. There are a lot of stupid men who confuse fashion with sex workers, and not always is same. 

Not always you need special reason to put your own red dress.