Bellazon

Bands/Artists no one knows except you! (at least that's how you feel)

Headhuntaz

feist

goldfrapp

gotan project

i've been in love with "mushaboom" since the first time i heard it (Y)(Y)

And i've discovered Goldfrapp thanks to a lagerfeld runway show :laugh: they're awesome :woot:

and gotan project... electro tango, how awesome is that ? i think it's so mysterious and sensual... :woot: (Y)

feist

goldfrapp

gotan project

i've been in love with "mushaboom" since the first time i heard it (Y)(Y)

And i've discovered Goldfrapp thanks to a lagerfeld runway show :laugh: they're awesome :woot:

and gotan project... electro tango, how awesome is that ? i think it's so mysterious and sensual... :woot: (Y)

i knew that, you have stolen my ipod :shifty: :laugh:

you're right about these bands/artists...

mushaboom is brilliant! goldfrapp is really posh and sexy but i love their first album "felt mountain" much more... it's so gentle and sad (my favourite feeling) :wub:

and gotan project of course rules :yes:

Gotan Project, Interpol and the Pixies are pretty well know in Montreal. In the case of the Eagle Of death metal they aren't as know as the Queen of the stone age, but i'm sure many people knows about Josh Homme's side project.

some band that aren't known at they true value

Kasabian (even trought they sold out they shows)

the music

the kooks

modest mouse (in the mainstream)

electric six

supergrass

the von bondies

the muse

outlandish is nice. i like guantanamo :)

somebody knows anything from next list (by the way my almost-top artists):

4 hero

agoria

ame

astrud gilberto

deyampert

double u

fat freddy's drop

feist

frank popp ensemble

goldfrapp

gotan project

henrik schwarz

jazzanova

joao gilberto

joe hisaishi

kings of convenience

koop

kosma

kyoto jazz massive

les gammas

peggy lee

povo

[re:jazz]

sigur ros

terry callier

thievery corporation

thom yorke (radiohead)

tiefschwarz

united future organization

vincent gallo

wahoo

zero 7

this is from recent

my friends know nothing from this :(

i DO love vincent gallo :drool:

You won't believe it... Most of my friends don't know Pearl Jam

(well, they didn't, I presented PJ to them :D )

you friends need to be educated, you should take them to a gig :drool: . Pearl jam could have the best set list of all of the 90's, way much better than Nirvana, but unfortunatly all the fame and glory goes on Nirvana (because of Kurt's suicide). Many people don't remember that the «Seattle sound» wasn't all about Nirvana: Pearl Jam (Mother Love Bones, Temple Of The Dogs), Alice In Chains, Soundgarden and the Screaming Trees are some other bands that have been really active during the «grunge» era. And Pearl Jam have sold many more records, even Ten out sold Nevermind. So as «Vs »out sold In Utero.

you friends need to be educated, you should take them to a gig :drool: . Pearl jam could have the best set list of all of the 90's, way much better than Nirvana, but unfortunatly all the fame and glory goes on Nirvana (because of Kurt's suicide). Many people don't remember that the «Seattle sound» wasn't all about Nirvana: Pearl Jam (Mother Love Bones, Temple Of The Dogs), Alice In Chains, Soundgarden and the Screaming Trees are some other bands that have been really active during the «grunge» era. And Pearl Jam have sold many more records, even Ten out sold Nevermind. So as «Vs »out sold In Utero.

i should check this, thanx!

like...who doesn't know Muse, Kasabian or The Kooks? :lough:

too many people!

the kooks have sold 1.5 million of cd's worldwide, including 1.4 in the U.K., so I guess they aren't that famous outside of their homeland. Samething for the Muse and Kasabian, people go nuts for them UK but they only get like 800(Kasabian) and 2000 (muse) people for they shows in a area that have a pop of about 4 millions . It's like the White Stripes before Seven nation army, they get known in the alternative circuit with White Blood Cells, they we're already known by a couple of people before that, but they get their mainstream reconition with Seven Nation army and Elephant. I guess people in Israel have better taste in music that in Canada!

i should check this, thanx!

If you can't get to a show, go by either a bootleg from their 2000 tour (72 diffrent shows avaible) or the Touring Band dvd, buying both ain't bad either :whistle:

like...who doesn't know Muse, Kasabian or The Kooks? :lough:

too many people!

the kooks have sold 1.5 million of cd's worldwide, including 1.4 in the U.K., so I guess they aren't that famous outside of their homeland. Samething for the Muse and Kasabian, people go nuts for them UK but they only get like 800(Kasabian) and 2000 (muse) people for they shows in a area that have a pop of about 4 millions . It's like the White Stripes before Seven nation army, they get known in the alternative circuit with White Blood Cells, they we're already known by a couple of people before that, but they get their mainstream reconition with Seven Nation army and Elephant. I guess people in Israel have better taste in music that in Canada!

no...it's just me :laugh:

I think it's a good thing...how can you expect that most of the population will understand their genius...at least 50% of the world is ignorant. :rofl: