Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

Looking at disastrous ratings, which are basically even worse then last year(I still can't believe they are down to 9% in adult viewer demographic from last year) I am glad that she wasn't there. I was sad at first, but now I think that was a smart decision on her part, even more when I saw that she was trending on twitter. Not even on show and trending will just show(if wasn't clear to everyone by now) how much people care about her and how important for VS she is, so without saying I think some major things are reserved for her for 2017 show. She will open without a doubt, maybe even double fb with Behati.

3 minutes ago, Ambrosio-Rahi said:

Where can you see how well or badly the show did?

http://deadline.com/2016/12/colts-win-monday-night-footballl-ratings-down-victorias-secret-low-the-voice-espn-nbc-1201865252/

Even though it was straight out of the City of Light for the first time and filled with loads of Lady Gaga, the 2016 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (2.1/7) just could not pack on the ratings weight last night. In fact, the lingerie catwalk show hit a new low among adults 18-49.  Victoria’s dirty secret is that the ratings are down 9% in the key demo from 2015’s previous low. Viewershipwise, this year’s VSFS had 6.65 million eyeballs, basically the same as the 6.6 million who watched last year. The struggle for the fashion show is now compounded by multi-year falls in the key ad-rich demo.

Basically rating wise this year is actually worse then last one, the thing that counts most is 18-49 demographic, and they are down astonishing 9% from last show. This would be considered major disaster for any show. VS needs to do something, I thought that they can't go lower from last year show, but this is all time low in their history. 

18 minutes ago, bellazonelurker said:

Looking at disastrous ratings, which are basically even worse then last year(I still can't believe they are down to 9% in adult viewer demographic from last year) I am glad that she wasn't there. I was sad at first, but now I think that was a smart decision on her part, even more when I saw that she was trending on twitter. Not even on show and trending will just show(if wasn't clear to everyone by now) how much people care about her and how important for VS she is, so without saying I think some major things are reserved for her for 2017 show. She will open without a doubt, maybe even double fb with Behati.

Yeah, I thought the same. She will open and Behati will have the fantasy bra for sure.

Honestly, I think you guys expect too much. Sure I also hope her comeback will be big and all but honestly i think in general it will be very less overal. Sadly. 

I'm sure the things she will do will be AMAZING (vs and also besides vs) but i think overal her work will not be much, speaking of how much content we will get. I think she will slow down big time, just continuing like this year during pregnancy. I personally don't expect much...maybe because i'm just too afraid to be dissapointed by the lack/miss of her. 

Sure the big fan in me REALLY hopes she will get the FB and open and blabla. Maybe even be in SI (dreamsss) Plus I also would love multiple Vogue covers, walking in fashion weeks, new campaigns and advertise for big names and so on.. But a girl can only hope, I just expect nothing.

I see the future negative as being a Candice fan lol maybe i'm just being too depressed :idk: 

/\ Sadly, I agree with you :/ I do see her slowing down and spending a lot more time here in Brazil in the future. Overall I'm just trying not to get my hopes very high I guess. (or maybe she'll do lots of amazing things and I'll happily admit I was wrong af) 

I think she will not slow down, for one reason only and that is cash. She has a baby, she is basically a breadwinner, and as far as I have heard she supports her cousins/parents too. She will need a ton of money, and I think that will keep her motivated. We have to remember that she doesn't have rich husband/rich family and that she has to work, because she doesn't have anyone to depend on. And beside money I have a feeling that she wants to model badly, her instagram posts are so nostalgic and full of desire to get back to work. 

And I didn't said anything about her work beside VS, I just said that VS is going to "offer'' her to open the show and something else, nobody would refuse that, even if she wants to work less. Only thing I think is almost 100 percent guarantee is her opening the show.

Just to add that she is always full of surprises. Almost everyone thought that we will not going to see one photo of her son until he is like 3 years old. And look what happened, she shared with us so much of her private life and her son, and we were all pleasantly surprised.

When it comes to her I just say wait and see, she is unpredictable.

I disagree about the money thing. She has enough money, if she want she just could stop right now you know. Or even just like this year, a little VS, a little Biotherm and a little Max Factor. With those contracts she earns enough, more then enough i would say. My expectations are that 2017 will be the same as this year. Just not much content (too less) for Candice fans. I just miss her a lot.

I really hope it's true that they are looking for a bigger place in NY and they will start living there instead of Brazil. In that case my hopes will be way higher because if her base would be in NYC the chances of working more and getting more content are way bigger. Fingers crossed.

And @bellazonelurker i agree in your last post. You are totally right she so much surprised me (us) with her personal shares of Anacã. Such a nice unexpected surprise!

37 minutes ago, bellazonelurker said:

When it comes to her I just say wait and see, she is unpredictable.

This sound so positive and hopefull (which i'm not). Thanks for reminding me of that. You are right, let's just wait and see. 

The waiting is killing me tho...

@Candylicious.Just to make you happy, it is true that she is buying bigger apartment in New York, like literally in one of the articles it says that they need bigger home in NY because they have a son now. That is honestly what makes me even more assured that she is going to be so active next year. 

And I know that she has money now, but all that money can vanish quickly, people with much more money managed to get broke, so in that regard she has to be careful, and she knows that better than we do.

Modeling is a short lived career, she has a time until mid 30es to save up all the money and that is it, she will have to branch out like other supermodels.

We all know how much she cares about her family, Herman and her son and because of that I think she will work extra hard. If they weren't in the picture, and if she didn't want to buy a bigger flat in NY I would be pessimistic too, because I really think that she wouldn't have desire to model anymore in that case.

So please don't worry, all we have to do is wait just a little longer, I think she will start modeling again in month or 2, if not then it is time to worry. :D

P.S. And be happy and proud that so many people adore her that she was trending worldwide on twitter and she wasn't even in the show. :D That is major. :smile:

12 minutes ago, Candylicious. said:

I really hope it's true that they are looking for a bigger place in NY and they will start living there instead of Brazil. In that case my hopes will be way higher because if her base would be in NYC the changes of working more and getting more content are way bigger. Fingers crossed.

A brazilian website said that they already moved to a new place in the same neighborhood, hope it's true, but it's not from the best source. :ninja: