Bellazon

2020 SI Swimsuit

3 minutes ago, Sensual said:

Not sure if you are replying to me, but I'm rejoicing, I've been a fan of Valentina for a couple years, I'm excited that shes on it.

no no..is a general thing...i should have said what's the problem and not your problem :rofl:

43 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

Valentina is a WOMAN, a real model (unlike some in the mag) and she's pretty (again, unlike some in the mag) i don't know what's your problem

I have no problem saying my original post on the subject was at best short sighted.  My "should I really post this" button clearly malfunctioned.  My bad.

I'm cool with this and she is stunning.  I've gone back to her page 3 or 4 times and I like her better each time I look.  

47 minutes ago, Sensual said:

At least it seems like whoever produces the videos seems to know what they are doing this year https://swimsuit.si.com/swim-daily/2020/07/10/valentina-sampaio-si-swimsuit-rookie-2020

Whoever did the videos last year didn't seem to know what they were working for.

It's at least encouraging that we may be back to the "the pics kinda suck but the videos are good" era from maybe 4-5 years ago.  A step in the right direction 

1 minute ago, effyja2012 said:

I have no problem saying my original post on the subject was at best short sighted.  My "should I really post this" button clearly malfunctioned.  My bad.

I'm cool with this and she is stunning.  I've gone back to her page 3 or 4 times and I like her better each time I look.  

Awesome! 😁

2 minutes ago, Sensual said:

I hope somebody who is one the cover is actually good, preferably Josephine.

playboy has its first male cover model, my money is that this will be the year of transgender

3 minutes ago, Bloodshot said:

And the final nail in the coffin for the SI Swimsuit Edition to every have any popularity again...

https://www.vogue.com/article/valentina-sampaio-becomes-sports-illustrated-first-trans-model

as long as is for something GOOD i don't see the problem..i never supported the "overweight girls should be SI Swimsuit models" movement but this is something great and it was bound to happen

59 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

as long as is for something GOOD i don't see the problem..i never supported the "overweight girls should be SI Swimsuit models" movement but this is something great and it was bound to happen

To me they're completely different issues, though they do overlap to a degree.  I think being overweight is unhealthy and shouldn't be glamorized, on top of finding it totally unattractive and unappealing.

With the trans thing, as a straight male, which is who 90% of the SI swimsuit edition's audience at least used to be, I have zero interest in seeing a trans person, and zero attraction towards trans-women in general, and frankly don't understand why a publication would be pushing that on a an audience that doesn't and won't have any interest in it.  It's not hard to figure out why men want to look at hot women in bikinis and a trans-woman completely kills that vibe on every level.  There's a huge difference between supporting trans rights and thinking it makes sense to put a trans-person in a publication aimed at males.

Now I'll freely admit that SI doesn't seem to want the swimsuit edition to be focused on a male audience anymore, but that's also why it's dying a not so slow death.  Just like there are differences between the sexes there are differences between women and trans-women.  Which again, doesn't mean that we don't all deserve equal rights, but it doesn't mean we're the same either.