Bellazon

8 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

One question I have is would people be as offended if this wasn’t Gigi? And if it were someone like Candice? Would there be as negative of a reaction from people? I feel like there’s extra attention on girls like Kendall and Gigi obviously because they have more followers but they’re scrutinized more by the public. Which makes sense, it comes with the territory. But do you think everyone would’ve been as triggered if it was someone more “loved”?

Without a doubt. I think most people have higher standards for those they idolize, so for any of the more loved models to do it would probably feel like a slap on the face to their fans. As you said, it comes with the territory.

37 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

One question I have is would people be as offended if this wasn’t Gigi? And if it were someone like Candice? Would there be as negative of a reaction from people? I feel like there’s extra attention on girls like Kendall and Gigi obviously because they have more followers but they’re scrutinized more by the public. Which makes sense, it comes with the territory. But do you think everyone would’ve been as triggered if it was someone more “loved”?

I obviously cannot speak for the general population but I think it wouldn't matter if it was Candice---the reactions would have been similar. And keep in mind Gigi has fans in China. It was kinda weird how fast some turned on her but that is another topic, and also I think the amount of outrage does not always accurately reflect what people overall think. People tend to be more vocal about criticisms than they are with praises online (this too is another topic :p). Yes, the fact she is high profile does create awareness but the level of outrage does not change. In other words, people would still be pissed regardless of who it was but there was more attention on it b/c she is high profile.

22 minutes ago, GlitterAndWings said:

Without a doubt. I think most people have higher standards for those they idolize, so for any of the more loved models to do it would probably feel like a slap on the face to their fans. As you said, it comes with the territory.

:thumbs_up:

As I said she does have fans in China. I think some of them are disappointed which is understandable. It is part of our celebrity-centric culture.

11 hours ago, Fuka said:

I think we have to wait for the show before judging it despite the first organizational problems. there are still the elements for the show to be very good. We have a beautiful fantasy bra and a beautiful swarovski outfit and the best angels are present I remain optimistic.

You said it well, and I totally am +1 on this.

10 hours ago, ThePinkDiet said:

Do you think they've been waiting to post stuff on their social media because they want people on the US timezone to see it or because they had to go through check up from Chinese press and shit before posting it?

That's my thoughts.  They have to be cleared by the gov't press.