Bellazon

Just now, jayden85qc said:

Carnaval brasileño

Roma Imperial

Sección inspirada en los derechos (algo así como la que Galliano hizo por Dior hace unos años)

Amazonas

The theme of the '' Brazilian Carnival '' could be epic if they erect it well.

I can name several only at this time:

-The Egyptian theme
-Hunters (with fake fur and shotguns)
-Zodiac (each one representing a sign)
-Recycling  (this is a little crazy but well executed would go very well)
-The theme about angels and archangels (yes, it's a somewhat religious issue and I think they would not do it for any reason, but it occurred to me suddenly hehe)
-Halloween

-Pirates
-Extinct animals
-Old Cartoons (only as  inspiration for PINK)
  and so I could continue but this is what comes to mind up to now.

I can not believe that people who are dedicated to fashion can not have more ideas: / (or simply do not want / can execute them for some reason)

8 minutes ago, Limapoel said:

The theme of the '' Brazilian Carnival '' could be epic if they erect it well.

I can name several only at this time:

-The Egyptian theme
-Hunters (with fake fur and shotguns)
-Zodiac (each one representing a sign)
-Recycling  (this is a little crazy but well executed would go very well)
-The theme about angels and archangels (yes, it's a somewhat religious issue and I think they would not do it for any reason, but it occurred to me suddenly hehe)
-Halloween
-Extinct animals
-Old Cartoons (only as  inspiration for PINK)
  and so I could continue but this is what comes to mind up to now.

I can not believe that people who are dedicated to fashion can not have more ideas: / (or simply do not want / can execute them for some reason)

The hotel theme by Louis Vuitton a few years ago could also work for VS. That could be very sexy.

Brazilian carnival

96031868ab9d1824d23fc676eda57193.jpg

Ancient Rome, Egypt (Christian Dior HC SS 2004)

d621318e548ce6da5cc1d949b56ba8a7.jpg

Spanish/Matador Angels (DG 2015)

00316.jpg

Royalty Angels (Dior HC 2004)

Christian+Dior+Fall+2004+3mSqc2tQ89Fl.jp

Hotel Angels (Louis Vuitton FW 2011)

primary-photo.jpg

Abstract Theme for Pink or Fairy Tales

Desktop8.jpg

Unlike all of you, I do want Todd back because he was just amazing and didn't allow Sophia do whatever she wanted to do with his desings.

EDIT: And y'all can say what you want but IMO after he left was when the segments started to become unoriginal and the show started to be dissapointing speaking on outfits.

Todd never got a say in castings guys he just designed and fit the models. Ed, Monica and John are the main ones plus the stylist. So previously Charlotte and now Sophia who pick the girls. So since Sophia has been yes there’s been more diversity. But don’t blame Todd for no girls of colour not being cast because he didn’t have a say.

Amilna does NOT know who will open the show but she (and other girls in PINK who I now have connections with ;) ) think it will be Candice this year for sure and who will open and close segements? She does not know except for PINK which we already knew who was opening. Zuri was originally selected to close the PINK segment while Grace is opening but Zuri will be second in the lineup after Grace instead and Nadine will be closing the segment. However, she said before it was Dilone who would be closing again like last years based on what she's heard during fittings but they keep changing the rotation lineup so most likely it could be anyone at this point but for now: Grace E.-opening/Nadine Leopold- closing :smile: 

As for some of the looks and outfits she's seen so far, she said out of all the Angels: Candice, Adriana, Alessandra, Lais and Sara have the BEST looks and best wings this year year! 

7 minutes ago, stilleto_stomper said:

Amilna does NOT know who will open the show but she (and other girls in PINK who I now have connections with ;) ) think it will be Candice this year for sure and who will open and close segements? She does not know except for PINK which we already knew who was opening. Zuri was originally selected to close the PINK segment while Grace is opening but Zuri will be second in the lineup after Grace instead and Nadine will be closing the segment. However, she said before it was Dilone who would be closing again like last years based on what she's heard during fittings but they keep changing the rotation lineup so most likely it could be anyone at this point but for now: Grace E.-opening/Nadine Leopold- closing :smile: 

As for some of the looks and outfits she's seen so far, she said out of all the Angels: Candice, Adriana, Alessandra, Lais and Sara have the BEST looks and best wings this year year! 

Is it alright if I could ask about a particular model (I think you know who). If it is, I'll pm you to avoid clogging up the thread and not putting back Amilna in trouble :rofl: 

1 hour ago, jayden85qc said:

The hotel theme by Louis Vuitton a few years ago could also work for VS. That could be very sexy.

Brazilian carnival

96031868ab9d1824d23fc676eda57193.jpg

Ancient Rome, Egypt (Christian Dior HC SS 2004)

d621318e548ce6da5cc1d949b56ba8a7.jpg

Spanish/Matador Angels (DG 2015)

00316.jpg

Royalty Angels (Dior HC 2004)

Christian+Dior+Fall+2004+3mSqc2tQ89Fl.jp

Hotel Angels (Louis Vuitton FW 2011)

primary-photo.jpg

Abstract Theme for Pink or Fairy Tales

Desktop8.jpg

All of this sooo amazing! I love it! I also loooooove @Limapoel idea of having a collab with a different designer every year, that would bring so much more viewers and public/media interest in the fashion show and VS wont be ridiculed within the high fashion world for it as well if executed properly, it's win win imo.

However, we don't need a Spanish Matador segment because I instantly think of the flamenco/matador segment that Tyra (fiercely) opened in one of the VS shows from the 90s or early 00s I think?  And Passion from 2011 which was...tragic. Also, Abstract segment would be way too similar to Surreally Sexy from 2007 :/ 

2 hours ago, nuttyfeet said:

The problem with Sophia is this, she doesn't have a vision of her own. She knows which artisan is good with what sort of work and let's that dictate the themes. These artisans have a signature style and in essence the wings every year end up looking similar ... 

Todd used to come up with a more distinct vision and made sure the artisans contributed to his vision. Not the other way around. 

VS needs to hire a better creative lead if they can't bring back Todd, Sophia seems to be one trick pony ...

+100000000000

I seriously wonder why Kelly's agency doesn't have a talk with her regarding her obsession with working out. If she keeps doing this she won't even be able to step up onto that runway in 10 inch heels and huge wings (if she has wings). I'm not surprised she has a foot fracture (or had now since she uploaded a video of her training with a jump rope). She doesn't seem to get that she should've been resting instead of working out even more and walking everywhere non stop. Not that I want this for her but I'm afraid the only way she will wake up and realize this is just too much is that she can't go to Shanghai because of her foot... 

Do not believe that any fashion designer would be able to take care of a lingerie show ... There are other criteria than for high fashion, for VSFS you have to sell glamor and sexy. I'm not always a fan of Sophia's work but I'm for stability, everything changed can be a disaster. I don't think she's responsible for the loss of interest of some for the VSFS

1 hour ago, stilleto_stomper said:

it's a shame, I wanted zuri to open this segment, I hope they will change again. Zuri deserves something better

My segment ideas :angel: pleaseee read and tell me what you think guys! Love to hear opinions :smile: 

-Rio Carnaval (loooong overdue considering we've had hundreds of Brazilian models and Angels throughout the history of VSFS...definitely a show opener/1st segment and this will be colorful done right! Very fun and very sexy with feathers, headdresses and huge elaborate wings) 

*segment song: anything remixed with Brazilian Samba or just straight up Samba, it'll be fun seeing the Brazilian models and Angels dancing and enjoying their native music...also, the Samba drums :ddr: *

-Ancient Angels (based off of empresses, pharaohs, goddesses & mythological creatures of Ancient Egypt/Ancient Rome, lots of gold, headpieces, artistic wings and couture-esq looks) 

*segment song: don't really care, just a performer or remix that sounds really powerful, regal and strong.*

-All That Glitters (based off of the Roaring '20s/1920s, lots of jewels, jeweled and feathered headbands, Swarovski wings will def be in this segment! and think of the Great Gastby and flappers! I also envision a model or Angel wearing a men's 1920's suit but with a bra of course, Dilone or Adriana would kill that look!) 

*segment song: "100$ Bill" by Jay-Z. It has a 1920s vibe to it and it would be I C O N I C to see Ale open this segment with Swarovski wings while Jay-Z is playing in the background :D*

-PINK Barbie™ (if done well...this could be the BEST PINK we've ever had, lots of pinks and pastels, iconic Barbie looks like Malibu Barbie, Disco Barbie, Nightgown Barbie, if done properly, could be interpreted in this segment and it'll be very girly girl and feminine of course think Moschino Summer 2015) 

*segment song: "Venus Fly" by Grimes feat. Janelle Monae. This song is very perfect for PINK and will bring a sort of high-fashion vibe to the segment, very good, powerful and girly song for the models to walk to for PINK* 

-Moulin Rouge (pretty self-explanatory, another long overdue segment that would be very sexy and fun, very burlesque and champagne and jewels on the boudoir, think that song Lady Marmalade) 

*segment song: a remixed version of the Marilyn Monroe song "I Wanna Be Loved By You" and "Lady Marmalade" by Patti Labelle, very flirty and sexy and the remixed version of Marilyn's song is even better

side note*** I know I've overused the word "sexy" to death:hang:

-Red Hot Romance (I have dreams about this segment  :excited:just thinking about it, nothing but ALL-red lingerie with just a few red wings, both huge and small, elaborate red capes, red jewels and red masks, roses embedded in wings and lingerie, very romantic but also dark and I think the red petals falling from the ceiling like in Ballet de Fleurs VSFS 2008 would look perfect for this!) 

*segment song: "Love is Blindness" by Jack White...the guitar riff in the song would be EPIC to see the models walking to and I miss having good rock songs being played at the VSFS and this one is just incredible*

**sorry! Didn't know the original post got cut off for some reason grrr**

4 hours ago, stilleto_stomper said:

I really hope this for Sara is true, it's finally time for her to shine!