Bellazon

:rofl: If VS want to hire me to negotiate for their Russians.....

But seriously, diplomatic bureaucracy in China is no joke, I have a friend in Marine Biology who was going on a trip with her dissertation adviser to study the effects of air quality in Chinese cities on lakes in the Changbai Range, and the trip was completely destroyed by a minor fuckup. Her adviser's been in and out of China for like fifteen years now doing research and for this trip someone misplaced a document needed for his new visa and they denied it to him completely plus put any future visas on hold to investigate him (the document was like an affidavit about what he was doing in North Korea or something, I don't know exactly but I do know he was in NK for a brief time due to the nature of the Changbai and the border).

VS are so greedy and so fucking stupid for playing with visa requirements.

20 minutes ago, canirove said:

Vogue Spain just mentioned on an article that Mayowa Nicholas (from Nigeria) didn't get her visa either.

I was going through her insta earlier when making my list and she hasn't posted anything VS related recently. Where there is smoke....

Honestly I think most of us saw this coming as soon as we saw China as the confirmed location. Only an idiot would think everyone would have their visas approved and that this show would go smoothly, if they wanted Asia so bad I think Japan would have been a way better option.

2 hours ago, diamondtw said:

@Kevork89 @Dipit Trust me it was on the VS page 2 days ago... I can link you to the cache version of it.

can you link me to it?

Not that I don't believe you but it does seem super fake. At this point I wouldn't even be surprised some idiot tried to hack into the VS site :ninja: 

22 minutes ago, htttps said:

considering how they're controlling every single bit of information that comes out and the show hasnt even started, i would say yes

but we really dont know what will happen

yeah i think that maybe they will ban phone videos during the show's taping? it's just can i say that VS has maybe choose China bc of that reason, because they are really keeping everything quiet (seems like they want this year everything to be a suprise) and this prohibitions are maybe the thing they wanted until the show airs. That is one of the reasons all angels had to make weibo accounts, they knew that this will happen. But for sure things are getting out of control now and i believe that even themselves have no idea how this will end

Just now, Clauds said:

Honestly I think most of us saw this coming as soon as we saw China as the confirmed location. Only an idiot would think everyone would have their visas approved and that this show would go smoothly, if they wanted Asia so bad I think Japan would have been a way better option.

Agree. They must have thought that, as they are VS and their models, why wouldn’t they approve the visas? It’s sad. I hope we don’t miss an important model and that, if we do, they give the outfits to the angels (only if they all get 3 so no one complains lol)

2 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Definitely a better option! Tokyo or something would have been great. Very curious how VS is going to clean all this up and if we're going to get sneak peaks right after the show. This mess actually has me worried :rofl:

WHAT DO YALL MEAN MAYOWA DIDN'T GET HER VISA I WAS FINE WITH THIS SHIT UNTIL I READ ABOUT MAYOWA. 

China, get your shit together and let my girl have her moment, she's like one of the maybe fifteen women I'm 100% on board with and excited to see

3 minutes ago, Glamazonia said:

Agree. They must have thought that, as they are VS and their models, why wouldn’t they approve the visas? It’s sad. I hope we don’t miss an important model and that, if we do, they give the outfits to the angels (only if they all get 3 so no one complains lol)

That would be the better outcome of all this. 

2 minutes ago, Rapunzelica said:

yeah i think that maybe they will ban phone videos during the show's taping? it's just can i say that VS has maybe choose China bc of that reason, because they are really keeping everything quiet (seems like they want this year everything to be a suprise) and this prohibitions are maybe the thing they wanted until the show airs. That is one of the reasons all angels had to make weibo accounts, they knew that this will happen. But for sure things are getting out of control now and i believe that even themselves have no idea how will end it

I doubt it, the whole reason is that they want to expand into Asia and hosting the show there is the best PR. I think they had no idea of what they were getting into tbh, last year pretty much nothing got leaked and the show was in Paris, everything we got was through VS themselves or the models, but that was it. A lot of people here saw this coming and thought China was the dumbest idea ever, it's one of the hardest countries to get everything, freaking Dubai would be an easier place to host the show. 

And again,

YALL NEED TO LET MAYOWA IN!!!!

They won't cancel the show, most of the Angels are already there and as long as the Angels and one of two performers are there, the show will go on. I fully expect at least ten girls to not get their visa approved, which is probably the reason why VS decided to cast so many girls, they knew someone wouldn't make it.

On the bright side, the less girls, the better the odds that other girls get two or three outfits for the Angels.