The Witcher

Cult Icon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 4:15 PM, Cult Icon said:

new miniseries

It's too soon to know if this looks good or not, but that can be promising. Lauren Hissrich has showed that she can listen to the audience, which is good.

Will this new show be based on the Polish author's source material or is it new stuff?

I'm surprised Netflix has decided to go for a spin-off so fast, but I'll probably watch it because I actually liked the whole setting of The Witcher a lot, even though I never played the game I think the show did a good job showing the universe where it happens, reminds me a bit of GoT in that sense.

Also hyped to know they will be filming the second season soon! 

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

I'm surprised Netflix has decided to go for a spin-off so fast, but I'll probably watch it because I actually liked the whole setting of The Witcher a lot, even though I never played the game I think the show did a good job showing the universe where it happens, reminds me a bit of GoT in that sense.

If you like games, you should definitely try to play it, and, if you don't, there are still great stuff coming out of the Witcher 3, like the soundtrack (one of the best I know) or the trailers (that are like small movies).

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2020 at 8:05 PM, Enrico_sw said:

It's too soon to know if this looks good or not, but that can be promising. Lauren Hissrich has showed that she can listen to the audience, which is good.

Will this new show be based on the Polish author's source material or is it new stuff?

very little info on this. Haven't checked recently though.  It sounds like the GOT prequels set 2,000 years prior that never off the ground and were canceled after the pilot.

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

very little info on this. Haven't checked recently though.  It sounds like the GOT prequels set 2,000 years prior that never off the ground and were canceled after the pilot.

I never understood all the backlash after GOT's last season. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but it was still enjoyable and IMO the characters' arcs keep following the same logic, there's no major change (including Daenerys' arc, it's still pretty logical). The direction's quality was lower than the previous seasons and there are a couple of plothole, but all in all, it's good.

3 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

I never understood all the backlash after GOT's last season. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but it was still enjoyable and IMO the characters' arcs keep following the same logic, there's no major change (including Daenerys' arc, it's still pretty logical). The direction's quality was lower than the previous seasons and there are a couple of plothole, but all in all, it's good.

GOT seems to have straight up died as continuous cultural phenomenon.  I remember HBO youtube having all sorts of hype content until the last episode and checking it over and over again and nothing more came up.  Martin may never finish publishing his books.  GOT seems to have ended not with a bang but a whimper.

These days I am often reminded of the impermanence of even great things.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...