Bellazon

The Witcher

Cult Icon

3 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Season 2 is meh... it's alright, but not what I expected from a Witcher series.

I guess if I hadn't known the Witcher before, I would've enjoyed it way more. It's still a good TV show, just not "epic" yet.

Like my other response, basically this is not the Witcher.  It is inspired by the Witcher but almost not related to the novels.

Most of it doesn't make sense compared to the books.

I prefer Ciri from the games. I dunno why... I try to find an explanation, but I'm not sure. Maybe Ciri from the game looks kinder, maybe it's her voice.

:idk:

I think SympathyS also does not like Freya.

The Ciri in Witcher 3 is around 25 years old.  The one in the novels/books starts as a child (like middle school aged girl), and is 16 years old by the beginning of the final two books in the main story.  The Ciri from the Witcher 3 starts appearing in the last 2 books.

I think Freya was one of the few casting decisions that hit the mark if the show was an adaptation of the books. Maybe they could have gotten a better actress, I don't know.  The thing with Freya is that she has "young girl genetics".  Even though she's 20, with the right makeup and outfits she can look 14 years old.   The other actor that hit the mark was Rience (the fire wizard).  

And I don't like how they depicted Eskel and Lambert. Vesemir's depiction is alright (though I would've loved to see what Mark Hamill would've done with the character).

Of course, that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Yeah Eskel...is a WTF, totally made up drivel by the showrunners.  Lambert is also not Lambert.  Basically a lot of the characters don't make sense in the way they are written and acted/casted in the show. 

CDPR's Eskel, Lambert, and Vesemir are the best, even better than in the novels where they are very minor characters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The Liams Hemsworth for Henry Cavill thing isn't any less horrible now that a few days have passed since the news dropped.

It has to be one of the worst recasting choices in history. They were always going to have an uphill battled replacing Cavill.

He is a household name and he did a good job I think.

But Liam Hemsworth... this is like they put absolutely zero effort into thinking of alternatives.

23 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

The Liams Hemsworth for Henry Cavill thing isn't any less horrible now that a few days have passed since the news dropped.

It has to be one of the worst recasting choices in history. They were always going to have an uphill battled replacing Cavill.

He is a household name and he did a good job I think.

But Liam Hemsworth... this is like they put absolutely zero effort into thinking of alternatives.

discussion of Henry C.'s issues:

On 11/6/2022 at 2:16 PM, Cult Icon said:

tbjvhp0clzx91.jpg

Replacing a lead mid-run is always disastrous for any show.

Most opt against it and just cancel.

But if you are going to do it, at least put some effort into it. Liam Hemsworth feels like they just cast the biggest name that was interested in the role as opposed to someone who might be right to play Geralt.

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Replacing a lead mid-run is always disastrous for any show.

Most opt against it and just cancel.

But if you are going to do it, at least put some effort into it. Liam Hemsworth feels like they just cast the biggest name that was interested in the role as opposed to someone who might be right to play Geralt.

This reminds me of what happened when Kevin Spacey got cancelled. His show ended not long after.

Also the Vikings TV series had the same problem when Travis Fimmel's run ended after Season 4.  The show was never the same quality ever again and didn't have the same level of viewership.

I have no idea how Liam Hemsworth acts.  Never saw him in anything.

3 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

This reminds me of what happened when Kevin Spacey got cancelled. His show ended not long after.

Also the Vikings TV series had the same problem when Travis Fimmel's run ended after Season 4.  The show was never the same quality ever again and didn't have the same level of viewership.

I have no idea how Liam Hemsworth acts.  Never saw him in anything.

He had a pretty big role in the Hunger Games movies. And The Expendables 2.

He's not much of an actor. I think even the least famous Hemsworth brother Luke has more talent than he does.

But it's not just the acting talent, everything about him is also so very wrong for Geralt.

Travis Fimmel was actually once suggested as Geralt and he would have been much better as a replacement.

Or someone like Anson Mount. Anyone who could give the role a bit of gravitas.

2 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

He had a pretty big role in the Hunger Games movies. And The Expendables 2.

He's not much of an actor. I think even the least famous Hemsworth brother Luke has more talent than he does.

But it's not just the acting talent, everything about him is also so very wrong for Geralt.

Travis Fimmel was actually once suggested as Geralt and he would have been much better as a replacement.

Or someone like Anson Mount. Anyone who could give the role a bit of gravitas.

oh that sucks.  I need to check out Hemsworth on youtube to see how he acts.

Travis Fimmel was completely awesome as Ragner in Vikings.  Basically an iconic acting performance.  However his voice is not gruff like Doug's.  The only issue I would have is if he just played Ragner again as Geralt...that would be weird.  His recent show had too much Ragner in it.

• 3 weeks later...