Bellazon

The Witcher

Cult Icon

The only good news is that Woke Netflix has lost shitloads of money with this.

But the bad news is that they've butchered the Witcher's lore, they pushed Henry Cavill to the exit and they sacrifice a great lore to their almighty Woke sect. :yucky:

18 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Well, well, well...

https://www.bellazon.com/main/uploads/monthly_2022_12/376094258_Witcherbloodorigincritics.JPG.71dad9212de925a885327038c068e578.JPG

The trailer, costumes, and casting looked terrible, and I didn't even bother downloading this.  I heard Blood Origins is even worse than show.  It also another one of their own creations and not much related to the books.

I really dislike how they have an old grandmother (Michelle Yeoh) headlining this and doing kung-fu.  Seriously, this is not it.

The excuses that some of the feminist writers use to deny their responsibility and put it all on Henry are pathetic. This is typical from "toxic feminism".

Hollywood moguls and their servants always use the same excuse to justify their failures (-isms and -phobia are always the excuse, never their mediocrity).

That's why more and more people hate you, Hollywood :ninja:

On 12/31/2022 at 4:35 PM, Cult Icon said:

The trailer, costumes, and casting looked terrible, and I didn't even bother downloading this.  I heard Blood Origins is even worse than show.  It also another one of their own creations and not much related to the books.

I really dislike how they have an old grandmother (Michelle Yeoh) headlining this and doing kung-fu.  Seriously, this is not it.

I used to like Michelle Yeoh, she's a good actress. Unfortunately, she (or her agents) has made lots of mistakes in their shows/movie choices recently. Like Netflix's Star Trek Discovery (which is pure garbage) and this Witcher BO ("BS" would be more accurate...)

• 2 weeks later...

This is from an extremely long (150 pages!) interview with Sapkowski from 2005:

Q: When you start writing, do you immediately define the boundary conditions of your worlds, or do you write spontaneously, without a plan, with only a few directives in mind?

With the stubbornness of a maniac, I keep insisting that there is no actual world in my books! When it comes to the ontology of this entire civilization, it is vestigial, it serves the plot, and is adjusted to make it fit.

I have done no Benedictine task like Tolkien, who before he even began to write already established topography, geography, religion, and even languages. Tolkien could do it, he had the time, and was having great fun with it. If anyone has the time and the willingness to play around like that, go ahead. But I consider it far too excessive.

You have to concept out the plot, sit down and write, it's a bit of a waste of time drawing maps in advance, inventing prehistory and history, drawing family trees of the ruling houses. It's overkill to bring home a pile of sand and piss on it in order to create realistic river paths.

I never had any aspirations of being a creator of worlds, I was absorbed in the story and the fate of the heroes. At least that's what happened with the short stories. Yes, after I sat down to write the Saga, I had to create at least a rudimentary geography, both political and economic. I had to pay more attention to what was north and what was south, and which way the sea was.

But still I did it only to the extent that the plot warranted it, and was absolutely necessary for the action. Nothing more. My world is a pseudo-world, it's just a background, a fairground canvas moved by a spinning wheel.

This is justified - after all, the story is not about the fate of the world, but about the fate of the heroes, the world serves the plot, not the other way. It is of course, some kind of ontological construction, but it is there subservient to the plot, not to its own fantastically bizarre ontology.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

They calculated that Geralt is on screen only 16% of the time in the final three episodes of the Season.

Because Lauren (who is a spiteful person) just wanted to sideline the main character (for her sick cultural war agenda :yucky:)

Screw you Netflix.

:yucky:

And of course, they blame the fans. It's never their fault. These sick woke morons can never take responsibility.

10 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

They calculated that Geralt is on screen only 16% of the time in the final three episodes of the Season.

Because Lauren (who is a spiteful person) just wanted to sideline the main character (for her sick cultural war agenda :yucky:)

Screw you Netflix.

I am almost done reviewing Season 3 and they really should rename this show "Witches". 

There was already a lot of content in the first 2 seasons that wasn't in the novels and in Season 3 they went all in.  It is now really in the main fan-fiction about the female sorceresses at Aretuza.

Only a couple of scenes are from the books and some are not even in the right place chronologically.  So if 30% of S1 & S2 were from the books in S3 they have reduced this even further.

After reviewing this show I have also noticed that most of the Geralt quests that predate the first story book (Blood of Elves) have been modified or deleted.  There are 3 books of quests and they only did maybe half a book of them. 

This really shows how reduced Geralt's role is in the Netflix show compared to the books.  These books were vital for the character and world building.

Freya Allen is really the star of the show and Anya may end up having things changed so she plays a much bigger role than she did in the books.