Bellazon

The Witcher

Cult Icon

21 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

The entire season is on the web now..

58% RT

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_witcher/s01

91% audience score. I trust the audience more than the critics (who are comparing it to game of thrones, which is dumb, the two shows have nothing to do with each other).

@Cult Icon yet another reason I don't give a shit about critics' opinions anymore. If you read the headline it states the Witcher is terrible and they give it a F. Then you read the article which they didn't even watch (only 2.5) all 8 episodes and speculated what happens. :rofl:

https://ew.com/tv-reviews/2019/12/20/netflix-the-witcher-review/

14 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

The top critics score vs audience.

No one trusts the critics anymore. At best, they are trolls, at worst, they are political zealots who are in the eye of the media (mass hysteria) storm.

Just an example of these trolls (he's a RT approved critic :rolleyes:)

The show is really good. It has a couple of flaws like all shows, but all in all it's pretty solid and I enjoyed it a lot.

The timeline is original. The narration structure is enjoyable and it's a good change, the season's structure is built to converge on the last episode. All the characters are built up in the first seven episodes to finally convege in episode 8 unravelling a couple of the things that were presented before.

The fights and the monsters are good, but Geralt seem to only use Aard, which is kind of frustrating. Also, he looks kinda weak against the Ghouls (which are the weakest monsters in the Witcher games).

The costumes are  average. They can do better (for Geralt and for the Nilfgaardians particularly). Geralt's swords are very average and I don't like his sheath. Also, I know they adapt the books and he's supposed to have one sword on his back in the books, but apparently they made changes to the story and to the characters, so they could've kept the 2 sword concept (that's one of the witchers' trademarks in the games).

I like that they kep mysteries/surprises in the show.

The actors are great (particularly Geralt, Yennefer and Jaskier).

4 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

The show is really good. It has a couple of flaws like all shows, but all in all it's pretty solid and I enjoyed it a lot.

The timeline is original. The narration structure is enjoyable and it's a good change, the season's structure is built to converge on the last episode. All the characters are built up in the first seven episodes to finally convege in episode 8 unravelling a couple of the things that were presented before.

The fights and the monsters are good, but Geralt seem to only use Aard, which is kind of frustrating. Also, he looks kinda weak against the Ghouls (which are the weakest monsters in the Witcher games).

The costumes are  average. They can do better (for Geralt and for the Nilfgaardians particularly). Geralt's swords are very average and I don't like his sheath. Also, I know they adapt the books and he's supposed to have one sword on his back in the books, but apparently they made changes to the story and to the characters, so they could've kept the 2 sword concept (that's one of the witchers' trademarks in the games).

I like that they kep mysteries/surprises in the show.

The actors are great (particularly Geralt, Yennefer and Jaskier).

I think Geralt's & Yennefer's characters are developed really well unlike the Disney Trilogy. :nicole:

It took a 2nd viewing to figure out what the hell was going. 

I think Season 2 is when it'll take off and be even better.