Bellazon

The Witcher

Cult Icon

On 8/9/2019 at 6:53 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Netflix has been having a tendency to transform gold into lead, since they went full SJW.

If these supporting actors can act and suit their roles it'll be ok. It may be possible that they are well casted, as they aren't attractive people.  (not casted for looks like a soap opera, thank god).  I didn't see Triss in the promo so maybe she's more of a supporting character (with the story based mainly on ciri and yenn)?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2019 at 5:30 AM, Stromboli1 said:

Will the neckbeards riot?

I had never heard this word  before, but I guess these neckbeards won't be happy  :rofl:

Anyway, that was not my point. The Witcher is a lot bigger than these neckbeard kids. This franchise has made very popular games (among geek and non-geek fans) and very popular books. And it has two big strengths: its Slavonic origins, which makes it a very original object, and, it's a medieval fantasy, which is probably a winning bet given how popular the likes of GOT or LOTR are.

In other words, if you're a producer, it looks like a gold mine. If Netflix (aka the SJW company that thinks it's harassment to look at a woman for more than 5 seconds :rolleyes:)  screws it, then it may be another example of your theory "get woke, go broke".

On 8/20/2019 at 6:13 PM, Stromboli1 said:

Look up what a neckbeard is. :laugh:

I don't think that  "neckbeards" are particularly associated with Witcher.  It's a very long single-player experience but not an online one.  In my mind's eye this stereotype is associated with those insane online MMO RPGs like Warcraft where the person plays for thousands of hours.

south-park-s10e08c05-the-slaughter-16x9.

On 8/5/2019 at 8:32 PM, Cult Icon said:

Pretty awful I'd say and a strange design choice given the beautiful armor of their opponents

s8MZ99Zh.jpgpicsart_05-23-12.51.48.jpg?w=663

@Prettyphile I never realised that they looked like d**heads, but I guess it's true :rofl:

And if your source is right and it's really a move by the producers to smash the so-called "paaatriarchy", then Netflix have transformed gold into lead once again :rolleyes:

#get-woke-go-broke

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 3:30 PM, Stromboli1 said:

I saw that there will be only 8 episodes for the first season.

Have you tried the games yet? I don't know how the series will be, but the games are great and their soundtracks are beautiful.

The score in the TV series' trailer is pretty generic, I hope they will improve this in the actual series. In any case, it will be hard to beat scores like these:

I just watched Episode 1. It was pretty good. I guess I have to see how the next episode will evolve, but I liked it so far. The actors are all good (I liked the queen actress and the magician / Geralt's depiction is pretty faithful and I liked Cavill's performance), the landscapes are neat, the fights are well played. The score is good, though it's nowhere near the Witcher 3's soundtrack (but the bar is high).