Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

On 7/23/2019 at 5:07 AM, lucyford said:

Someone from CAA reposted Adriana’s Vogue cover and captioned it “a new era”. He used to work for IMG. I think he is Candice’s agent. So I guess she is signed with CAA as I suspected.

On 7/23/2019 at 10:07 AM, ekn said:

@lucyford Last week someone from Numero Russia team tagged both Adri and CAA' in a photo at the Bout Fight Club and now this Vogue repost. I'm convinced she's not just signed for her skincare brand, they will also work together for her modeling business.

Her collobration with CAA was obvious after her instagram post but we couldn't figure out if it was for her or her brand and by this repost it confirmed. I don't know how should i feel about it because as far as i know adriana never had any russia cover before, rigtht? I don't expect her to be better than before, i only want her to not slow down at her career.

3 hours ago, emerald7 said:

Still can't believe Adriana has no Vogue US cover yet.... They shoud have given her one long ago and after leaving VS even more. 

It’s not that surprising seeing how Ana has never favored Adriana. Plus Adriana doesn’t even do many covers for whatever reason. It’s more likely every member of the Kardashian/Jenner family will get a Vogue US before Adriana lol.

She gets a decent amount of covers compared to the average VS angel (besides Gisele basically) . The only one who does very well besides her is Taylor, which I don't understand why because every Vogue cover of hers is boring. But she gets them alot. I don't understand how these people choose cover girls these days. Its a whole lot of models who put little to 0 effort in their shots getting these covers.

11 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

She gets a decent amount of covers compared to the average VS angel (besides Gisele basically) . The only one who does very well besides her is Taylor, which I don't understand why because every Vogue cover of hers is boring. But she gets them alot. I don't understand how these people choose cover girls these days. Its a whole lot of models who put little to 0 effort in their shots getting these covers.

She used to get a decent amount. I wouldn’t call 1 Vogue cover in 3 years decent. But I’ve said before I don’t think this was cause she couldn’t get any. Taylor has a more hf look with her eyebrows. So it’s no shocker Taylor is one of the most successful angels in hf. But I do agree Taylor is mediocre. 

2 hours ago, lucyford said:

She used to get a decent amount. I wouldn’t call 1 Vogue cover in 3 years decent. But I’ve said before I don’t think this was cause she couldn’t get any. Taylor has a more hf look with her eyebrows. So it’s no shocker Taylor is one of the most successful angels in hf. But I do agree Taylor is mediocre. 

I said compared to other angels who were never as consistent with Vogue covers. This was the first time Adriana had 1 vogue cover in 3 years. In the past, she'd get ATLEAST 1 every year. Alot of VS models can't even say that, especially not now. So thats what I meant. Her vogue cover flow is not the best, but its also not the worst for a VS model.

I don't think just because of her eyebrows, I think popularity and social media influence helps taylor as well. IMO the number 1 thing that keeps models these days booking covers is amount of attention. Whether thats from social media or the model's boyfriend. In taylor's case she is pretty popular and has an impressive social media influence. But its frustrating because when you see her work, you just know that opportunity should have went to someone else. Just like when she opened last years show, that was def because she is popular and well known amongst the new angels. But she did not deliver during her opening. Thats the modelling world today in a nut shell. They don't care about talent and half of the time, they don't care about looks anymore neither. Taylor is one of the best looking but TBH I don't think its a big factor of why she gets so many chances

I agree, I don’t understand why she doesn’t get covers. I think it’s because she does think they’re beneficial since they barely pay? It’s either that or she’s been blacklisted by someone at the top of the industry which I doubt. Because the thing is, on normal circumstances, her name/face recognition alone should be enough to give her at least 4 covers a year 

@Souled-Out Yes Taylor is popular on social media but I think that’s because of her unique look as well. And yes she gets hired more for being popular but like I mentioned, I think it comes from her standing out with her eyebrows. I don’t see how else Taylor become that popular. She is a pretty mediocre model, she isn’t dating or linked to super famous people, and her IG posts are just like all the other angels. 

46 minutes ago, Corner said:

I agree, I don’t understand why she doesn’t get covers. I think it’s because she does think they’re beneficial since they barely pay? It’s either that or she’s been blacklisted by someone at the top of the industry which I doubt. Because the thing is, on normal circumstances, her name/face recognition alone should be enough to give her at least 4 covers a year 

I think The Society wasn’t booking her for them for whatever reason. She just left The Society and now suddenly she has Vogue, Numero, and prob another cover with Zoey. And maybe she wasn’t opposed to this because as you mentioned, they don’t pay much. But I think Adriana is intrested in covers and more hf in general. She was clearly very happy with her Vogue covers.

Well then I’m glad she’s moved on from the society. She honestly needs a whole new team. I hope for her sake she makes some serious changes in her management especially now that she’s about to launch a skincare line

51 minutes ago, Corner said:

Well then I’m glad she’s moved on from the society. She honestly needs a whole new team. I hope for her sake she makes some serious changes in her management especially now that she’s about to launch a skincare line

She also needs someone to manage her social media and tell her to post her work. Yes Adriana has gotten soooo much better about it. She at least posts about events for the most part and she’s pretty active on stories. But when was the last time she posted a maybelline picture? Im not sure people even know she works for Maybelline still. It’s clear Puma pushes her to post her work for them tho. Why has she not posted more pictures from Vogue Spain? Irina did like 7 posts about it. She only posted her covers. Is Full Picture (Andrea) supposed to be helping her with this?? Adriana needs to realize that IG is now a models portfolio almost.

On 7/26/2019 at 2:55 PM, lucyford said:

@Souled-Out Yes Taylor is popular on social media but I think that’s because of her unique look as well. And yes she gets hired more for being popular but like I mentioned, I think it comes from her standing out with her eyebrows. I don’t see how else Taylor become that popular. She is a pretty mediocre model, she isn’t dating or linked to super famous people, and her IG posts are just like all the other angels. 

I think The Society wasn’t booking her for them for whatever reason. She just left The Society and now suddenly she has Vogue, Numero, and prob another cover with Zoey. And maybe she wasn’t opposed to this because as you mentioned, they don’t pay much. But I think Adriana is intrested in covers and more hf in general. She was clearly very happy with her Vogue covers.

Taylor is also more attractive than most of the other angels, so there is always that lol

2 hours ago, lucyford said:

She also needs someone to manage her social media and tell her to post her work. Yes Adriana has gotten soooo much better about it. She at least posts about events for the most part and she’s pretty active on stories. But when was the last time she posted a maybelline picture? Im not sure people even know she works for Maybelline still. It’s clear Puma pushes her to post her work for them tho. Why has she not posted more pictures from Vogue Spain? Irina did like 7 posts about it. She only posted her covers. Is Full Picture (Andrea) supposed to be helping her with this?? Adriana needs to realize that IG is now a models portfolio almost.

I agree. We are seeing A LITTLE improvement from her social media post. Like she is posting more random photos from her life again as well as events, and she did post every single cover as soon as it came out. Thats new for her lol. Usually she is slow about posting new work. However, I do agree that there is no consistency. Like she posts once about her brands and thats it. Hopefully whoever is on her team now tells her that every now and then randomly post some of her recent work and deals. I think the brands would also greatly appreciate that, therefore she will be offered even more opportunities as well

22 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

I agree. We are seeing A LITTLE improvement from her social media post. Like she is posting more random photos from her life again as well as events, and she did post every single cover as soon as it came out. Thats new for her lol. Usually she is slow about posting new work. However, I do agree that there is no consistency. Like she posts once about her brands and thats it. Hopefully whoever is on her team now tells her that every now and then randomly post some of her recent work and deals. I think the brands would also greatly appreciate that, therefore she will be offered even more opportunities as well

She is only being consistent with Puma which I’m sure is cause they tell her when/what to post. 

Its hard to tell who Is part of her team now. Someone from CAA and Elite both posted her Vogue cover. And now I saw she’s following people who are part of IMG. And she hasn’t unfollowed The Society which I figured she would’ve by now but she liked a recent picture which she never did lol. 

17 hours ago, lucyford said:

She is only being consistent with Puma which I’m sure is cause they tell her when/what to post. 

Its hard to tell who Is part of her team now. Someone from CAA and Elite both posted her Vogue cover. And now I saw she’s following people who are part of IMG. And she hasn’t unfollowed The Society which I figured she would’ve by now but she liked a recent picture which she never did lol. 

I think she also does because she always liked fitness to be apart of her brand anyway.

I don’t know if this is possible but all this drama about Vsfs got me thinking adriana was informed there will be no show this year ( or anymore). So she had to left earlier than she said she will. I can’t find any other reason.

for those who don’t know: 

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d4197c1e4b0db8affb171c3?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS50ci8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAKpd4jRDnDdVBBzJ8clyR9H9ZSExZDSEZ7R4XwfUihFojl4GJtv-sTCA1k0F13J6vGjvHZmz8Cr8M8KsDrUlX0ECTccOsGl4GCv27-q1q_pNgg1icOWhpdgGh4MzLfa96xLMpXJQgnTCuW4svYN8jkMMMFqR0xFJopQt3tb3qFSg

22 minutes ago, laeteita said:

I don’t know if this is possible but all this drama about Vsfs got me thinking adriana was informed there will be no show this year ( or anymore). So she had to left earlier than she said she will. I can’t find any other reason.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d4197c1e4b0db8affb171c3?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS50ci8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAKpd4jRDnDdVBBzJ8clyR9H9ZSExZDSEZ7R4XwfUihFojl4GJtv-sTCA1k0F13J6vGjvHZmz8Cr8M8KsDrUlX0ECTccOsGl4GCv27-q1q_pNgg1icOWhpdgGh4MzLfa96xLMpXJQgnTCuW4svYN8jkMMMFqR0xFJopQt3tb3qFSg

I tought the same thing when I heard there wasn't going to be a show anymore a few months ago. She was with VS only to walk in that show every year at this point, so without that she had no reason to stay.

35 minutes ago, laeteita said:

Adriana said in her Daily Front Row interview that she knew a year in advance that she was leaving. That leads me to believe VS was the one who wanted to end her contract (prob cause it was worth a lot more than the others and Vs is more cute/teenage vibes these days and they wanted room for the younger girls). This would also explain why Adriana wasn’t working and said she was losing her confidence that year. Adriana kept saying at the 2017 show and the viewing party that she wanted to do it until 40 at least. I don’t believe Adriana could’ve changed her mind that fast when VS is something she has always been consistent about. Contracts are signed in the beginning of the year which is I assume when it was decided Adriana would just sign a small contract where her only responsibility was the show at the end of the year so she could get her last show that would also bring media attention. This would also explain why she didn’t make the Forbes list that year as I’m sure VS didn’t give her much for her last year. I don’t believe she was the one who wanted to even end her contract. 

16 minutes ago, lucyford said:

Adriana said in her Daily Front Row interview that she knew a year in advance that she was leaving. That leads me to believe VS was the one who wanted to end her contract (prob cause it was worth a lot more than the others and Vs is more cute/teenage vibes these days and they wanted room for the younger girls). This would also explain why Adriana wasn’t working and said she was losing her confidence that year. Adriana kept saying at the 2017 show and the viewing party that she wanted to do it until 40 at least. I don’t believe Adriana could’ve changed her mind that fast when VS is something she has always been consistent about. Contracts are signed in the beginning of the year which is I assume when it was decided Adriana would just sign a small contract where her only responsibility was the show at the end of the year so she could get her last show that would also bring media attention. This would also explain why she didn’t make the Forbes list that year as I’m sure VS didn’t give her much for her last year. I don’t believe she was the one who wanted to even end her contract. 

Totally disagree. She said she won’t leave the brand before her 20th show probably 10 times, even 4 months before her last show. 

She was the only one who worths money among the current angels but if you think it was the money issue, i’m sure both side would agree on a small contract.

38 minutes ago, laeteita said:

Totally disagree. She said she won’t leave the brand before her 20th show probably 10 times, even 4 months before her last show. 

She was the only one who worths money among the current angels but if you think it was the money issue, i’m sure both side would agree on a small contract.

That’s what I said, that Adriana herself kept saying she wanted to do it more years than she did. That’s why I think VS may have ended her contract, because for years she said she wanted to be there as long as she could. Whether she lied in her Daily Front Row interview about knowing a year in advance, I don’t know. Either she lied there or 4 months before her last show which you are referring to. I’m honetly not sure what she said 4 months before the show tho. If you are referring to her W mag interview when she said she hasn’t thought about stopping, she could’ve had to lie about VS when they asked her as it wasn’t ready to be announced. But those two interviews she did do not add up.

I wasn’t saying it was a money issue either. But Adriana’s contract was prob worth more than the 4 new angels combined. And the truth is Adriana is getting older and I’m not sure she fits the cute/teenage vibes VS is targeting these days. VS also makes questionable decisions so who knows.