Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

Matt Harvey Missed Game Because He Was Sad About Adriana Lima Going Out With Julian Edelman

Mets pitcher Matt Harvey skipped Saturday’s game and got himself suspended after seeing pictures of his supermodel gal pal out partying with another man, sources told The Post.

The “Dark Knight” became an emotional wreck on May 2, after paparazzi photos came out showing Adriana Lima stepping from a limo and heading into Rihanna’s Met Gala after-party with her former boyfriend, NFL star Julian Edelman.

Both the Victoria’s Secret stunner and the Patriots wide receiver — with whom she had broken up several months earlier — wore grins on their faces like they were having the time of their lives.

Inside the party, Lima and Edelman were “flirty,” Post sources said. And, to add insult to injury, Lima unfollowed Harvey on Instagram after the event.

Apparently, Harvey was unaware that Lima was just not as into their relationship as he was.

“Adriana’s relationship with Matt was never serious,” a source said. “They are no longer seeing each other.”

A depressed Harvey, who was in Atlanta on the night of the Met Gala, had to take his turn pitching in the Mets rotation a few hours after seeing his gal pal out on the town without him. He wound up getting hammered by the Braves, giving up 6 runs in 5 innings.

Lima “really messed with Matt Harvey’s head,” baseball sources said.

Harvey got hammered again early Saturday morning, when he went to the Meatpacking District hot spot 1 Oak — the same club where Lima and Edelman were photographed — and partied until 4 a.m.

The feeling among other players on the Mets was that Harvey was out Friday night blowing off steam and trying to get over Lima, baseball sources told The Post.

If he managed to relax at all is unknown, because Lima called him while he was playing golf before the Mets game Saturday and had a conversation that made him even more upset, sources said.

A few hours later, he would turn up AWOL for the Mets Game at Citi Filed against the Florida Marlins, telling the team he had a “migraine,” and leading Mets brass to suspend him.

Sources said that Harvey had little chance with Lima — who was married to Serbian basketball player Marko Jaric for five years and who has been linked celebs such as rocker Lenny Kravitz and Yankees great Derek Jeter.

The stunning Brazilian brunette isn’t looking to be tied down with any man right now, a source said.

“She dates men like male sports stars go through women” the source said. “She’s beautiful, one of the most desired women in the world, she’s fun, has already been married and isn’t looking to settle down.”

Harvey is also known for playing the field, and Lima was just the latest in a series of models seen on his arm.

He has previously been linked to beauties Ania Cywinska, Ashley Haas, Anne Vyalitsyna, Shannon Rusbuldt, Asha Leo and Devon Windsor.

The Amazins hurler reportedly blew off a mandatory team workout after calling it quits with Polish gal pal Cywinska in 2015 — although their eight-month relationship lasted longer than most of Harvey’s trysts.

But the 28-year-old lothario recently claimed that he is planning on settling down sooner rather than later.

“I don’t think I will [follow] the Derek Jeter model. I’m not afraid of [marriage],” he told The Post in March.

http://pagesix.com/2017/05/09/matt-harvey-sent-over-the-edge-by-gal-pals-reunion-with-ex/

Harvey was suspended three games by the Mets for missing Saturday’s game. On Tuesday he apologized to his team.

“It’s completely my fault,” Harvey said during a press conference at the Mets home in Flushing, Queens, on Tuesday. “I’m extremely embarrassed by my actions.”

2 hours ago, Sophie20 said:

What a lie!

Yeah sure, he was upset because she dumped him and what does he do? He parties till 4 am, please...Like he is not the known womanizer and was serious with her in the first place...:dry: If it's true she didn't dump him before going to the afterparty, she did a very awfull and offensive thing, I'm not defending her on that at all, but a man with a broken heart doesn't go to party, and doesn't blame her ex for him having let down his whole team not wanting to play, also considering how much he is paid for that. This man has to learn to take responsabilities for his actions, and not blaming Adriana for his stupid and immature behaviour, because she already left him days before this.

Is that a message to Harvey?? I mean he wasn't with his team because he was heartbroken and partying around . Thats' his excuse.... thats why he could not Play/work.

And she wrote nothing and nobody will stop her doing what she loves ther are no excuses.

erwrerefeferererere.thumb.jpg.67963fe619cf1968d0c61e79472d1c1f.jpg

Love her respond to the suspension,and what was the meaning of her Quote and her captions? can someone explain it?

I never thought I would say this but I'm surprised by her behaviour lately... And not in a positive way.

@nhlovesadri Why wouldn't a man (or woman) go to a party even though he/she has a broken heart? Many people go to parties to get their mind off their problems, so I personally don't see or understand what's so strange about Matt (if all of this is true of course) partying and trying to forget the whole Adriana situation.

2 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

I never thought I would say this but I'm surprised by her behaviour lately... And not in a positive way.

@nhlovesadri Why wouldn't a man (or woman) go to a party even though he/she has a broken heart? Many people go to parties to get their mind off their problems, so I personally don't see or understand what's so strange about Matt (if all of this is true of course) partying and trying to forget the whole Adriana situation.

Maybe I am strange, but I can't conceive the idea of going to a party, where the intention is of course to have fun, when the woman you love just dumped you. I know for experience how it is to be rejected by someone that is very important for you, and you just can't stop thinking about it and having fun is the last thing you could possibly do or want to do. So I see fact the went to a party to just getting the tought away as almost a proof that he didn't cared much about her, considering he is also a known womanizer. I deduced this basing on my experience and how I would act in a similar situation, so again maybe what I think as unconceivable is normal for somebody else.

But that he acted like an idiot towards his teammates is a fact. And his spokeperson or whoever else is the one who told the magazine it was all Adriana's fault is a plain asshole, because it's not her fault if he acted like an idiot after being dumped. He is responsable for his own actions.

1 hour ago, emerald7 said:

Is that a message to Harvey?? I mean he wasn't with his team because he was heartbroken and partying around . Thats' his excuse.... thats why he could not Play/work.

And she wrote nothing and nobody will stop her doing what she loves ther are no excuses.

Love her respond to the suspension,and what was the meaning of her Quote and her captions? can someone explain it?

That excuse is a rumor that could have been started by him to save some face from partying and playing golf the next day right before a match.

1 hour ago, *Luna* said:

he is a professional athlete,he was not allowed to party before a game ,that's why he admited to break the *curfew*,and he misses a game citing a migraine after he plays golf.i don't get how you don't have a migraine after a party but right after playing golf you have it.He was heartbroken after barely even being together with someone,like a month or so.If he was a teenager then this would make sense.Always these rumors about exes come up in defence of people that make mistakes.He could have just partied on the 5th of may(which is an anual celebration) and thought he would get away with it but he needed to make an excuse after he was suspended so people will feel sorry for him and not calling him a bum for letting his team down.Think the team was more upset that he wasn't sick enough to play golf but sick enough not to go do his job

49 minutes ago, emerald7 said:

This is only my interpretation of course, but I think Adriana is trying to say that when you love something, in this case her work, there are no obstacles big enough to stop you from doing it. Same as the ig post, where she says that you have the responsbility to put love on what you do, not only work but everything else, if you want to do it good.

2 hours ago, nhlovesadri said:

Maybe I am strange, but I can't conceive the idea of going to a party, where the intention is of course to have fun, when the woman you love just dumped you. I know for experience how it is to be rejected by someone that is very important for you, and you just can't stop thinking about it and having fun is the last thing you could possibly do or want to do. So I see fact the went to a party to just getting the tought away as almost a proof that he didn't cared much about her, considering he is also a known womanizer. I deduced this basing on my experience and how I would act in a similar situation, so again maybe what I think as unconceivable is normal for somebody else.

But that he acted like an idiot towards his teammates is a fact. And his spokeperson or whoever else is the one who told the magazine it was all Adriana's fault is a plain asshole, because it's not her fault if he acted like an idiot after being dumped. He is responsable for his own actions.

You're not strange and while I wouldn't feel like partying either after getting dumped, for some people it is a way of dealing with whatever negative situation is happening. Some people like to go for a run to clear their head or to distract themselves, some listen to music, others don't want to do anything, and then some just want to party and forget whatever that happened. Everyone has a different way of dealing with negative situations/break ups so... I wouldn't necessarily approve of his behaviour towards his team, but to say that it can't be her fault is incorrect in my opinion. I agree he shouldn't act that way towards others, but the truth is, we don't know what she is really like behind closed doors. We don't know if she actually made it seem like she wanted something serious and then decided to just dump/ignore him/whatever that happened, and I can't imagine anyone feeling happy if something like that happened. While he is responsible for his own actions, the way other people treat him can have an effect on the way he treats others.

3 hours ago, Sophie20 said:

He loved? LoL c'mom! I agree, everybody is responsable for his/her actions, including Adriana who always choose crap men to be with

Thats all I have to say. Everyone knows I am tired of it all. If she'd just keep to her damn self in general more atleast this could have all been avoided. If she would have stayed single and focused on herself it could have been avoided. Her turn outs with all of these men are literally becoming a thing, like I said before, she needs to stop before it becomes part of her legacy and reputation. The sad part it does not have to be this way if she would make better choices. This is why somebody in her life should help her and tell her to slow down

The way he acted to his teammates was wrong and it was his own fault. I didn't watched his apology Video but he can only  blame himself and it's right that Adriana doesn't feel responsible for his suspension and his behaviour towards his club. I can agree with that.

But if the story is true that she didn't told him it's over before she went out with Edelman, than  she isn't better than him. Harvey is famous for being a womanizer and acting cold towards hes dates and i don't defend him. Maybe he learns that he should treat women different now.

But what she supposed did makes her awful too no matter how serious it was and it looks like he didnt gaved her a reason to behave like that. Because i think no one should be humilated that way she did to him. I thought he would act that way and not the other way around. preaching morality and telling people you should treat them the same way like you wanted to be treated and than acting like that shows her in a bad way. People saying it's karma just because he acted in his past that way isn't an excuse to do the same if he didn' gaved her a reason for it.

I don't care about edelman because he obviously don't care how she is seen after all that.

I think she should keep from commenting on it. I don't really think she's complicit in what happened as it relates to Matt missing his game. He's almost 30 and he and Adriana dated for all of a couple of months? Sure it's shady to be seen with Edelman if you're giving another athlete the impression that you're seriously interested in him, but Matt apologized and this is on the verge of blowing over...

Why is she creating videos trying to blame Matt for not taking responsibility? I don't think it helps her cause. She comes off looking worse because this isn't a situation where blame is directly assigned. It was page six and "sources" that created this story. She doesn't have to clean it up at all. 

This is 99.999% Matt's fault really. No one should criticize her.

He drank tequila and vodka at the club until 4 A.M. even though he had to go to work the next day, and played golf with a hangover in the morning. As a result his condition became worse and Failed to show up to the ballpark.
This is all his decision.

He is a 28 years old professional athlete who earns 5 million a yearly salary. 
He is too irresponsible and selfish. 

14 minutes ago, jamiya said:

This is 99.999% Matt's fault really. No one should criticize her.

You are right. but no one criticize her for that. People make fun of him because he is cried like a boy after they split. Those excuses were really bad. But he apologised and thats it.

It's more about they way she treated him allegedly after the met gala. I don't care about him.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, emerald7 said:

The way he acted to his teammates was wrong and it was his own fault. I didn't watched his apology Video but he can only  blame himself and it's right that Adriana doesn't feel responsible for his suspension and his behaviour towards his club. I can agree with that.

But if the story is true that she didn't told him it's over before she went out with Edelman, than  she isn't better than him. Harvey is famous for being a womanizer and acting cold towards hes dates and i don't defend him. Maybe he learns that he should treat women different now.

But what she supposed did makes her awful too no matter how serious it was and it looks like he didnt gaved her a reason to behave like that. Because i think no one should be humilated that way she did to him. I thought he would act that way and not the other way around. preaching morality and telling people you should treat them the same way like you wanted to be treated and than acting like that shows her in a bad way. People saying it's karma just because he acted in his past that way isn't an excuse to do the same if he didn' gaved her a reason for it.

I don't care about edelman because he obviously don't care how she is seen after all that.

thanks for taking the words right out of my mouth