Bellazon

The Beyonce slander is killing me (& making me roll my eyes, if there's anyone that actually lives up to their hype, it's her), but I agree that she's not right for VS. For me, she is undoubtably one of the greatest living artists we have today, and not because of her voice (though she is a great singer whether you enjoy the sound of her voice or not), but because she's a true performer in every aspect of what it means to be one. And frankly, that's not what VS needs. They need someone who's not a performer (shouldn't be too hard to find, most artists these days don't give true performances which is really what makes someone like Beyonce stand out amongst her peers) and who can just stand there and sing alongside the models while interacting with them on a minimal level- enough for it to be fun, but not too much where it becomes a distraction. Beyonce is also a much bigger name than any girl that will walk the show. Not only could I never see her agreeing to be apart of VS (what benefit would it provide to her?), I can't see it working out in their favor if they want to focus on the actual models and lingerie part of the show. It would basically just become a televised Beyonce concert in viewers eyes, which I'm sure viewers wouldn't mind, but it would completely defeat the purpose of the show. 

23 hours ago, Clauds said:

IDK where did the rumor of two airplanes come form but I'm calling it bullshit, I'm sure they'll do one airplane as always. I do think doing the show in China was a dumb decision and I would have invested that money on better outfits, booking Beyoncé, a decent FB and other things but oh well :idk: 

Somebody here misread/misunderstood: 

Josephine said another plane, as in one last year, one this year. The person though she meant another one on top of the first one this year...

Also, FYI, Beyonce has performed at the VSFS in 2002, as part of Destiny's Child.

4 hours ago, tipi12 said:

The Beyonce slander is killing me (& making me roll my eyes, if there's anyone that actually lives up to their hype, it's her), but I agree that she's not right for VS. For me, she is undoubtably one of the greatest living artists we have today, and not because of her voice (though she is a great singer whether you enjoy the sound of her voice or not), but because she's a true performer in every aspect of what it means to be one. And frankly, that's not what VS needs. They need someone who's not a performer (shouldn't be too hard to find, most artists these days don't give true performances which is really what makes someone like Beyonce stand out amongst her peers) and who can just stand there and sing alongside the models while interacting with them on a minimal level- enough for it to be fun, but not too much where it becomes a distraction. Beyonce is also a much bigger name than any girl that will walk the show. Not only could I never see her agreeing to be apart of VS (what benefit would it provide to her?), I can't see it working out in their favor if they want to focus on the actual models and lingerie part of the show. It would basically just become a televised Beyonce concert in viewers eyes, which I'm sure viewers wouldn't mind, but it would completely defeat the purpose of the show. 

It's not really slander it's a matter of opinion. Just because someone is popular and/or successful doesn't mean everyone has to like their work, their voice or their performances. I for one can't stand Beyonce. Yes she's insanely popular and incredibly successful but I find her music and voice overrated and her attitude a bit divaish. Her performances are overblown and a little gauche for my taste as well.

However, I do agree that at this point I think she would be a terrible fit for VS. I mean they handled Gaga and Ariana Grande and of course Taylor Swift, but I can't see Beyonce fitting even remotely with their aesthetic.

4 hours ago, tipi12 said:

The Beyonce slander is killing me (& making me roll my eyes, if there's anyone that actually lives up to their hype, it's her)

I think you need to look up the word slander because no one has been slandering her. Some of us just don't like her or her music.

3 hours ago, ilum said:

I think you need to look up the word slander because no one has been slandering her. Some of us just don't like her or her music.

Girl, it ain't that serious. I know what slander means, I wasn't being literal just like I'm not literally dying because someone said something negative about her :rolleyes:. I get that everyone has their own opinion. 

giphy.gif

Edit: Also, I hate Rihanna but her 2 second walk upstaged every model's on the runway the year she performed, so I'd be down for a repeat of that. But I have a feeling she's never coming back to VS. 

4 hours ago, phenobarbie said:

It's not really slander it's a matter of opinion. Just because someone is popular and/or successful doesn't mean everyone has to like their work, their voice or their performances. I for one can't stand Beyonce. Yes she's insanely popular and incredibly successful but I find her music and voice overrated and her attitude a bit divaish. Her performances are overblown and a little gauche for my taste as well.

However, I do agree that at this point I think she would be a terrible fit for VS. I mean they handled Gaga and Ariana Grande and of course Taylor Swift, but I can't see Beyonce fitting even remotely with their aesthetic.

I completely agree with you that just because someone is successful doesn't mean everyone has to enjoy their work. That's obvious. But I don't think it's about enjoying it as much as it's about acknowledging or respecting their artistry and the work they put in. There are so many iconic artists out there whose voices, performances, etc. I can't stand. But that doesn't mean I'm willing to discredit what they've been able to legitimately accomplish and simply chalk them up to being annoying or overrated because I don't like them. They're just not my taste. That doesn't mean their success is unwarranted or undeserving or that the impact they've made in music is simply because they get hyped up a lot. 

And Taylor was a disaster, they handled it but not well IMO. She took a lot of attention away from the girls and it was the Taylor + girl gang show, rather than the VSFS. Ariana didn't bother me much. Gaga wasn't terrible either, she mostly stayed in her lane but it's hard to ignore her in general because she is outrageous (in a good way, but not necessarily for VS)

I can agree that if someone's work is warranted even if I don't like them that they deserve that respect however I don't particularly feel that Beyonce was original or innovative or has even had the best vocals. I think she marketed herself right and happened to become famous at a time that was right for her particular aesthetic, but I personally still feel she is incredibly overrated and not as great as quite a few people seem to think she is.

As for Taylor I don't think she was as much of a train wreck as we were lead to believe. There were definitely moments when she over did it, but a lot of what we saw I chalk up to bad editing on the teams part. The camera didn't need to focus on her as much, but the girls were still walking. The editing team just chose not to clip them in as much as they did Taylor.

Now Lais' English, I can agree has improved so much more. Living with Jared must have really helped her English one way or the other. I like that she's giving me next door vibe, she has an ordinary family with ordinary kids and her personality has always been pleasant. 

Years later, I still find Lais like one of the most beautiful woman on this planet and at the same time boring and plain. I'm not saying it in a mean way, I really like her, but I think she's just lacks of charisma which, if you think about it, is kinda indispensable for a model. But ehy, she's who she is and she looks like a really sweet, hard working girl.

With that being said, her english has improved a lot since she started with the brand, so good job!

18 hours ago, tipi12 said:

Pretty much. Kinda like when she performed at the Super Bowl and it felt like the game was the opening act to her show :rofl: 

Now moving on from Yoncé, I just wish VS could book someone who has a solid career, at least one solid performer. Last year was pretty good in terms of performers IMO, but I still felt like three was way too much, I wish they could book someone like Rihanna (and also use FentyBeauty products on the models because they are straight fire and actually work on every skin color) who is big enough to carry the show on her own without needed two or three other people.

11 hours ago, tipi12 said:

Girl, it ain't that serious. I know what slander means, I wasn't being literal just like I'm not literally dying because someone said something negative about her :rolleyes:. I get that everyone has their own opinion. 

giphy.gif

Ok then don't call it slander if it's not what you meant.

1 hour ago, ThePinkDiet said:

Years later, I still find Lais like one of the most beautiful woman on this planet and at the same time boring and plain. I'm not saying it in a mean way, I really like her, but I think she's just lacks of charisma which, if you think about it, is kinda indispensable for a model. But ehy, she's who she is and she looks like a really sweet, hard working girl.

With that being said, her english has improved a lot since she started with the brand, so good job!

I haven't noticed this, but someone pointed out Lais only became boring after 2013. Which... coincidentally, was the year she returned to walk after her leg injury. It makes sense when you think of it, since she's probably afraid to take big strides. 

37 minutes ago, tipi12 said:

You must be fun at parties :rolleyes:

So sorry!! Totally my bad!! I forgot to take the class they offered in college on how to read tipi12's mind and how to decipher your tone over the internet and how to know that when you use the word slander and roll your eyes you actually don't mean slander and aren't taking anything seriously yourself at all. Okay I'm done with this now, feel free to reply if you want but I won't, bye.