Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

5 minutes ago, Emerods said:

If Alessandra doesn't open/close a segment, it's very unfair. I find it as an insult to compare Ale with Romee, Stella, Lais and Jasmine speaking about open/close

I do not think it is a lack of respect, considering that all of them strive to be where they are and the truth, Ale has received much credit also these years; I do not see anything wrong with paying more attention to another angel and not just the veterans.

21 minutes ago, almanaotemcor said:

I do not think it is a lack of respect, considering that all of them strive to be where they are and the truth, Ale has received much credit also these years; I do not see anything wrong with paying more attention to another angel and not just the veterans.

+1 

The new Angels have been working steadily for the brand all year. I think giving them an opening or closing is more than deserved. IMO, it's more "insulting" to reward Ale for rolling out of bed for VS twice a year with opening the show over the girls who have actually worked this year just because she has seniority. 

Not to mention, Ale opening or not isn't going to change the number of people that tune into the show. They might as well take advantage to spotlight a girl who is going to be a part of the company's future, especially since it seems more and more likely that Ale will leave soon. :idk: I think she'll still close TRA. 

On 20/11/2016 at 7:29 PM, Lyla said:
  On 19/11/2016 at 8:58 PM, gotportugal said:

To everyone worried by security:angel:

Security expert Bob Strang told Inside Edition what Victoria's Secret needs to do to prepare for this year's high profile event.

"They are going to have perimeters set up and they are going to check vehicles as they arrive for explosives. They are going to have perimeters set up for people so only certain people identified ahead of time can get in. At the end of the day, it is going to be the safest place in Paris," he said. 

I am disgusted that they bring the show to Paris for the publicity of this issue (among other reasons of course...., but I'm pretty sure this is one of them)

I don't see what security issue people are talking about. Paris is not less safe than London, Berlin, Rome or Madrid, or even Mosow. Attacks happened in NYC, Washington, London, Madrid, Moscow and yes Paris.

Sports events, concerts, fashion weeks, and SO many other kind of events are happening all over the country during the whole year, and there's no issue. I don't see why it could have one for that show. Let's face it, no one care about that show in Paris, and even less in France. VS is not even a brand present on the french market.

Less than 2 % of the people here must be aware that that lingerie show will happen there. VSFS is not the only lingerie show who will happen in Paris in 2016, there even will be a whole Salon consacred to that, like every year, so, no issue. 

Since when do businesses give a damn which employee deserves something if giving the honour to somebody else would make more money for them? And yes, even if VS made their decisions on the basis of who "deserves" it more, I don't see how the new Angels don't deserve it more than Alessandra.

11 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

+1 

The new Angels have been working steadily for the brand all year. I think giving them an opening or closing is more than deserved. IMO, it's more "insulting" to reward Ale for rolling out of bed for VS twice a year with opening the show over the girls who have actually worked this year just because she has seniority. 

Not to mention, Ale opening or not isn't going to change the number of people that tune into the show. They might as well take advantage to spotlight a girl who is going to be a part of the company's future, especially since it seems more and more likely that Ale will leave soon. :idk: I think she'll still close TRA. 

I'm not judging those angels as "angels" but "openers/closers". Romee and Jasmine closed and it was meh. Lais' one was awful and yes, Ale doesn't work a lot for VS, but if Adriana and Alessandra aren't in the show, this is dead. If they are so global is because the names of Adri and Ale are very known for the most of the people

Protests have now begun for ale about opening a section.

I mean, I am all for boycotting VS at this point lol,

BUT who said she was not opening anything??? She was in the fittings video. They didn't show her reaction to anything or said she was opening something like they did for Adriana, but neither did they for elsa or lilly. They only showed two reactions of models who are opening. Sara is closing. I don't think they specified stella closing or opening. I can def see ale still opening a segment.

Say the fans are right though,

New angel got a FB. New angel got the swarvoski outfit. Atleast two new angels opening a segment. New angel closing the show. New angel opening the show(so three new angels opening a segment, out of 4 NON-pink ones). More than half of the segment openings are going to a new angel.

I don't understand how some of you all don't see why people are fed up about ^ that is pretty ridiculous. Its like what is the point of the old angels?? Oh to still bring in the maxim press the show needs so that those viewers can actually watch models they didn't come for, more.

VS def knows adriana and alessandra are their most global names and thats the real reason they keep them. Its just BS for the fans.Yesterday we were talking about a balance of the kinds of angels to be hired, VS won't even balance the kind of attention and spotlight is gonna be given. If all the guesses are true, the new angels have gotten everything at one time.They are using the older angels as the ones to bring in even more people, so they can expose them more.

Thats why i'm holding out on waiting to see who is opening. Because it would be ridiculous for a new angel to open too. I don't care what old angel opens, but one should. I wouldn't put it past VS to do that but boy is it stupid in MY opinion esp with how people outside of this forum feel about VS. I feel like they should try harder at giving people what they want, while they still can. The fact that more fans are getting riled up about something + the decline in the show views from last year, I think it would be better if VS did things differently.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.