Bellazon

UEFA Euro 2016

Stromboli1

I was rooting for Poland there, although it's hard to make a case for either side deserving to go much further after a game like that. The first half was quite engaging, but it drifted into nothingness afterwards.

Hopefully UEFA rethink the format again when this is all over. Spain are out already with Italy or Germany to follow, Portugal find themselves in the semis after a string of deeply uninspiring performances. Quite how they're still limping through this tournament is a mystery to me. :idk:

I guess most people wanted Poland but I'm pretty happy with the result last night, and I don't even like Ronaldo lol. I had my personal reasons not to root for Poland. Anyway, Bayern made a good deal buying Renato Sanches. He's gonna be big.

3 hours ago, Syria said:

Bayern made a good deal buying Renato Sanches. He's gonna be big.

+1. It was a real man-of-the-match performance by Sanches. To play with such calm and poise at such a young age is just terrific. Bayern and Portugal have a gem on their hands.

Well done Wales. A poor manager and too many injuries/suspensions to our defense undid us.

But entirely deserved for the Welshmen, even though I now think that with their two suspensions (one to Ramsey), Portugal are now heavy favorites to make the final.

Perhaps they will even manage to win a game in 90 minutes before they get there!

I think I heard that many times during the games that cards are deleted in the semi-finals, if you're talking about that kind of suspension. @SympathysSilhouette

Unfortunately I fell asleep around halftime, but happy for the result. I don't really like this Belgian team and not because my country was kicked out by them... 

I hope Wales will beat Portugal. They just simply don't deserve to be in the final with not winning one game (in 90 minutes). 

Commiserations Belgium, well done Wales. The perfect storm of hard work, moments of luck and clinically taken goals. Regardless of the result, how good was it to see an exciting game with both teams doing their utmost to win.

This Welsh side is at odds with the notion that a lack of technique and tactical awareness is systemic at British grassroots level, which can only mean that England are doomed by their appalling mental fragility instead. Comforting. :rofl: