Bellazon

UEFA Euro 2016

Stromboli1

A shame for the Republic, who put up a good fight but basically collapsed within the space of a few minutes. How McClean managed not to square the ball to Murphy for an open goal, I have no idea. No shame losing to the host nation, though.

Giroud proved his worth to the French team today. He suffers when used as a lone striker and left isolated, but with a superb player like Griezmann buzzing around him, he makes a great target man. If Deschamps sticks to his guns and continues playing them as a strike partnership, I really think France could win this tournament.

Germany looks impressive ! But it's always the same... Is Germany very good, or Slovakia very meh ... 

And about France, the first half-time has been horrible ... That's the bad scenario for us ... But even for Irland, they got an even bigger pression on their shoulders than we did. Plus, since Rami and Kante got a yellow card again, they couldn't play the next game ...anyway, seeing how Rami is bad, we could find better easily ...

And what to say about the reversing positions of Matuidi and Pogba. I heard Pogba asked for that, i wonder WHY the hell Deschamps listened him. 

Our second half-time has been better, but once again, Irland wasn't there anymore ... So hard to say our real level ... Sissoko should play insteed of Kante next time ! 

I hope for an France-England for the next match ! 

20 hours ago, jj3 said:

And about France, the first half-time has been horrible ... That's the bad scenario for us ... But even for Irland, they got an even bigger pression on their shoulders than we did. Plus, since Rami and Kante got a yellow card again, they couldn't play the next game ...anyway, seeing how Rami is bad, we could find better easily ...

And what to say about the reversing positions of Matuidi and Pogba. I heard Pogba asked for that, i wonder WHY the hell Deschamps listened him. 

Our second half-time has been better, but once again, Irland wasn't there anymore ... So hard to say our real level ... Sissoko should play insteed of Kante next time ! 

I hope for an France-England for the next match ! 

The odd thing about France is that they haven't really dominated any of their games. They seem to sit back for long periods and then take their opponents by surprise with quick goals. I thought Deschamps was pretty bold yesterday though, his change of formation after subbing Kante won it for them. Pogba also looked a lot better alongside Matuidi afterwards.

If England do get past Iceland tonight, I'd be surprised if they were much more of a challenge to France than the Irish were. Although I've been known to get these things wrong on occasion... :rofl:

On 23/06/2016 at 11:07 AM, Michael* said:

I would expect Croatia to handle this Portuguese side with relative ease in the next round. They're too disorganised at the back and I can't see their midfield being strong enough to stand up to Modric and Rakitic.

20 hours ago, Lyla said:

vIdrqhWV.jpg

:rofl:

I'm sooooo excited

So, if you were an Icelandic male between the ages of 18 and 35, you would have roughly about a one in two thousand shot of being in the national squad. Absolutely crackers. :thumbsup:

Of course, if England can't beat Iceland tonight, we'll be the laughing stock of Europe. Which would go quite nicely with our other current title as, er, the laughing stock of Europe.

Germany and Belgium's performances were an exhibition of how to approach a tournament. Any side with aspirations of winning it needs to be able to play in different gears, and have the tactical nous to know when to apply which.

I loved the way Hungary approached their game, although sadly I can't really see it catching on. Instead it'll probably be used an argument for bus-parking being the best way to take on the bigger teams. Still, for what it's worth, I'll remember the efforts of this Hungarian side for a long time to come. Slovakia in their defeat to Germany are a blank already.

I love Italy, i support this team, after France lol But seriously, everytime i see them playing a match, it remind my Itanian class at school, when we were studying La Commedia Dell'Arte :D